Dez Signs with Saints

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Hope he does well and gets a ring, he truly loves the game. Too bad the coaches didn’t protect him from himself when he kept trying to play through injuries as many others like Marion Barber, DeMarcus Ware, Tony Romo, and Sean Lee just to name a few...

Too bad the coaches didn't protect him from having a garbage QB who is gaining a deserved reputation as a WR killer.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You haters hope but watch Dez be on his best behavior because he's going to be a free agent after the year and he knows that N.O. is on a roll right now and if they fall off due to him then he'll get all the blame.

First off, I am an adult and can express my opposition as something other than haters. I find that childish and lazy, and perhaps someone lacking in a healthy vocabulary.

Second, nothing in my comment was not fact. He never learned to run crisp routes. His third year they tried to institute the Jerry Rice crossing route, but evidently Dez couldn't get the concept or get separation.

He has a childish attitude. Michael Irvin would throw that out occasionally, but he backed up his action with results. Further, when Dez was waiting for his big payday, he acted like a petulant child calling out Jerry Jones. It's called ingratitude.

The rest of your reply is conjecture and "I know you are but what am I," gibberish.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Um in 2014 Tony Romo was the runner up for the MVP in votes and in reality, he should have won, he had better stats than Rodgers in almost every category. For that single year we can say Romo was top 5 in the NFL of all active QB's.

2014 Romo stats:
69.9 completion percent. #1 in entire NFL this year
3,705 yards
34 td's 9 ints all year #4 in TD's thrown
TD % to pass attempt. #1 all year
QBR of 113.2 #1 all year
Yards per catch 8.5 #1 all year
Yes if you just look at stats for one season. But that doesn’t mean he was a better QB than Rodgers or some other QBs.

Dez gets to play with one of the best all time QBs now but I still don’t expect him to have huge numbers beicase they have better playmakers.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
Good for him! but you know he will be showing off when he comes back to AT&T Stadium in a different uniform. Even though I am disgusted with this franchise right now, I am Still a Cowboys fan. I just hope he has a little bit of class and modesty when they beat us. But, we are talking about Dez Bryant lol. Sean Payton willl make sure he doesn't act like a tool when they whoop us though.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
If he was an elite No. 1 WR, maybe.

His numbers working with Romo were elite, #1 WR numbers.
Period.

Your "opinion" of his abilities notwithstanding, he put up Elite numbers with Tony.
And back to the Original post I was replying to, if Tony isn't a top 5 QB and Brees clearly is.......

aaev84

Reaction score
Lol what the??

Never understood fans like this

I like the team and whoever wears the star... I’ll tip my cap when great players leave but I never root for them over the cowboys
How people still dont question this franchise after what ownership did to guys like Romo and dez for a one hit wonder is beyond me.

uvaballa

Reaction score
So then, we can expect Dez to put up significantly better numbers with Brees, than he did with Romo, correct?
And I mean significantly better numbers. Not just "slightly" better, or marginally better.
That’s would be stupid to think that. Dez has lost a step and he’s not the #1 or #2 option in NO. Any fan should be able to comprehend. Plus he’s joining in the middle of the season so he has to be in shape and pick up the O. He’s not making them that much better they are thin at WR.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
His numbers working with Romo were elite, #1 WR numbers.
Period.

Your "opinion" of his abilities notwithstanding, he put up Elite numbers with Tony.
And back to the Original post I was replying to, if Tony isn't a top 5 QB and Brees clearly is.......
That was 4 seasons ago dude. Stop bringing the legend of Romo into everything.
Your biased point of view is clouding your reading. If Bryant was elite right now, he would certainly put up big numbers with Brees. That's all I meant.
He's just not. Elite WR's wouldn't get signed half way through the season and most likely be 3rd on the depth chart. Get real.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
That’s would be stupid to think that. Dez has lost a step and he’s not the #1 or #2 option in NO. Any fan should be able to comprehend. Plus he’s joining in the middle of the season so he has to be in shape and pick up the O. He’s not making them that much better they are thin at WR.

Right. Got it.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
That was 4 seasons ago dude. Stop bringing the legend of Romo into everything.
Your biased point of view is clouding your reading. If Bryant was elite right now, he would certainly put up big numbers with Brees. That's all I meant.
He's just not. Elite WR's wouldn't get signed half way through the season and most likely be 3rd on the depth chart. Get real.

We'll see.

Frankly I"m surprised to see you up off the mat this quickly after the mental beating Stasheroo handed you earlier in this thread......:grin:

End of the day, you're in quite a corner. Dez sucks, and it was great for the Cowboys to get rid of him. His drop in performance had nothing to do with the change in QB from Romo (who got a lot out of him) to Dak. Dez just lost it, or wasn't that good in the first place.

If Dez goes off in NO, that would seem to prove that Romo had it, and Dak didn't.
Because we know Brees certainly has "it".

BigD49

Reaction score
This narrative is crazy, I wish people would listen, Fisher who's in the know, whether he charges for his info or not, has said many times Garrett had to be convinced to let Dez go, he was one of the last ones to get on board with it.
I'm aware that most people attribute the blame moreso to Linehan but at the end of the day Garrett is the head coach and he ultimately got on board, so....?