Dez Signs with Saints

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Most of your posts on this topic are about how Dak wasn't the issue with Dez, Dez was the problem, Dez can't play, etc etc.

What kind of criticisms have you lobbed Dak's way? If they are there, they're not very pointed.
And I don't think I've ever seen you say one remotely positive thing about Dez. if you did, I'll admit, I missed it.

So what happens if Dez goes off working with Brees. Does that mean you were wrong about him?
I guess people read what they want. Yes, you missed it, So it's all moot. My fault for responding in the first place, I knew better. Lesson learned.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I guess people read what they want. Yes, you missed it, So it's all moot. My fault for responding in the first place, I knew better. Lesson learned.

summarize, for all the benefit of others who missed it too.

what are the positives you have noted about Dez?

dwreck27

Reaction score
How people still dont question this franchise after what ownership did to guys like Romo and dez for a one hit wonder is beyond me.

I think it’s equally as amazing that the packers franchise with one of the GOATs at QB will prbly go down with only one Super bowl win

Their love for McCarthy equals only love the Jones family’s one for Garrett

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Interesting. I got a trade offer in my fantasy scoring only, keeper league...Dez for a 2019 3rd round pick. Could put me over the top of Brees can use him in the red zone and give me 6-7 touchdowns over the next few weeks.
How long can that offer last until?

uvaballa

Reaction score
I think it’s equally as amazing that the packers franchise with one of the GOATs at QB will prbly go down with only one Super bowl win

Their love for McCarthy equals only love the Jones family’s one for Garrett
Because having a top 5 QB doesn’t guarantee you much. Rodgers and Brees could both retire with less rings than Eli.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Hey, girl, how ya been?....yea I left those off...I didn't want anyone in his "family" to have a seizure.........fans of a player instead of the team has always baffled me...same as trolls really......they've probably already signed up over there as "Saints" fans already.
Hi luv, good thank you. Hope you are too. You've been one of my favorite posters for a good decade now. WOW, time sure goes fast. Everything you post is the truth.

This post is yet another example of the intelligence my Woody has when it comes to football and these so called fans trolls, vice versa who think they know it all just because they have access to a computer & keyboard lol.

Majority of the time I just read the stupidity without replying because like you've shared for so many years, "you can't fix stupid".

Great minds think alike. And with that said, we just have to let it out every now and then.

Stay safe my friend & behave. ;)

Last edited:

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
If Dez clicks big time with Saints, we should bring Dez back for a 2020 1st rounder.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Lol Hopkins was very good still with **** QBs before Watson

Or does that not help your argument lol
maybe people completely underrated and wrote him off with backup QBs to the point even Hopkins commented on it himself.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Ok let me throw this at you

Here are the guys that Dez has issues with
  • Snake lee. - injured w hammy
  • Frederick - out for the season ...maybe longer ....maybe forever
  • Dak - like the worst qb in the league, well he’s bottom 5-6
  • Witten - in the booth but probably won’t be extended. He’s just not that good
  • Bailey - got cut probably will never be the same

Yeah coincidence? I don’t think so

OoO So you're saying that Dez has a voodoo doll collection.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Hey, girl, how ya been?....yea I left those off...I didn't want anyone in his "family" to have a seizure.........fans of a player instead of the team has always baffled me...same as trolls really......they've probably already signed up over there as "Saints" fans already.

Fans of mediocrity have always baffled me, to be successful in this league you have to be good to great on 3 different levels. Front office, coaching and quarterbacking we have none of the three what we have is a reality show like Survivor where every few weeks someone is being thrown off the island (or under the bus) and everyone is playing just to survive (or keep their jobs) but no ones playing for the real prize the Super Bowl championship.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
whoa what if Dez catches a touchdown pass and runs to the star and poses on it?
tenor.gif

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Couldn't care less about Dez or what team he signed with. At least our DB's know he can only run maybe two routes.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
yeah and Parcells time in dallas was .500? When he had total control. Get man breasts out of your head he was washed up and should've never been in dallas. Only reason he came back to coaching was he needed money after his divorce

He was rebuilding the team. A team that went 13-3 the year after he left and said that he had build something nice in Dallas. Too bad Jerry put a puppet in charge after Parcells left.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The reason why people loved Dez Bryant is because no player in the last 20 years loved being a Dallas Cowboy more than him, much of his career he was misunderstood and some people (because of his background) just didn't like him. I'd say Romo and Witten loved this team more. But regardless, this is merely conjecture on both of our parts. 1. on what people here think. 2. On what Dez thinks. 3. And who loved the team more.

Against the Lions everyone was talking about how Dez was getting in Romo's face and it was a hugh story................until the audio came out and it wasn't. Not what I was talking about at all. I'm talking about the 2017 recap film on Amazon where he became a spoiled child because the coach said don't fall asleep on Denver because they are good. Not to mention his lack of effort in staying in top shape.

He was told to stay away from the facility by his agent until the Cowboys upped their offer to him but he couldn't stay away from his team and showed up anyway. His not following the instructions of his agents shows his lack of respect for people who want to help him. But that was not my point. He wen t out of his way to say in public that he would walk and Jerry Jones doesn't know him at all. He essentially insulted Jerry when Jerry was merely waiting fir the market to be set by other teams. Every sports journalist in Dallas talked about this ad infinitum. Now marry that with his not paying the jeweler, and not returning the rental house in the condition it was in when he rented it, and this speaks about his selfish, childish attitude.

Although he knew that Romo was the better qb for him personally he backed Dak in 2016 because the team was on a roll. His job is to catch passes. He doesn't need to talk when he drops balls right and left.

He played with an accomplished passer in Romo so he knew that in 2017 Dak missed him on a lot of routes (just like this year) but he never complained about his qb to thge press. No, he whined about his targets.

The Cowboys waited until 3 weeks after the start of free agency to release him, by that time people like Crabtree and Watkins had taken the money and slots, after that Sanjay Lail, Stephen Jones and more recently Jerry Jones poisoned the well with their comments about a player that was no longer on the team. If Dez was this hot commodity, people would have leaped over each other to sign him.

Dez deserved better from this organization whom he hold the record for touchdowns. The organization paid him nearly 50 million and he jake-legged his routes and whined. Please let's stay within the realm of reality here.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
I’m not gonna call anyone out specifically but I’m seeing quite a few people who were glad Dez was gone and praising the FO for what a great move it was and how easily replaceable he would be that are now worried about facing him and saying how dumb it was to let him go.

Why the change of heart if any of you care to admit it?

Personally I was indifferent and still am.
Probably because they were convinced that the wide receiver by committee with the new additions of Hurns, Austin and Thompson were going to be just fine.

After all, that's what Jerry and the Cowboys were selling after cutting Dez. Do you remember them saying how the offense would be Dak friendly as Dak would be able to spread the ball around? Yet, just 7 games into the season ended up trading a #1 draft pick for a reciever.

Last edited:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I'm talking about the debates that have been had for many months. I've already stated the Cowboys were wrong. Now we get to see if all the Dezzies who were claiming Dez would be All Pro with Brees were right. He's either going to show he still had it and the only thing wrong the past few years was the QB play or we are going to see if Dez as part of the problem too and the QB position wasn't the only thing holding him back.

Well I don't know if Dez winning with the Saints, or to be more accurate reawakening with the Saints, would prove anything. He landed on the perfect team, one that will figure out how to use him, with a Quarterback who will be able to figure out how to use him. Heck with a Coach that might even correct some of his deficiencies. There more pluses here than most teams Dez could've landed on. Or to be more precise, Dez could've landed with the Eagles, the defending super bowl champs, and have been a bust for them, but landing on the Saints it is more likely that he will shine.