Dez Signs with Saints

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I never suggested that, all i said was why can't a person be a Dez fan and a Cowboy fan at the same time, sounds ridiculous to say you can't. I never stopped being a Demarcus Ware fan when he left for the Broncos and i certainly never stopped being an Emmitt Smith fan when he went and played for the Cards. It's a very narrow minded view to suggest to people you can't root for both
And I answered you. I take zero issue with fans who are fans of both. But as soon as you (not specifically YOU) hope Dallas loses then that's pretty stupid.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Good for him, Saints look like the best team in football right now, he might get himself a ring.
yeah and not signing with ravens or cleveland makes him look smarter now??
one of the best teams that will for sure be in playoffs, and they play the cowboys !

This will make the NO game fun to watch no matter what dallas does in next few weeks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We'll see.

Frankly I"m surprised to see you up off the mat this quickly after the mental beating Stasheroo handed you earlier in this thread......:grin:

End of the day, you're in quite a corner. Dez sucks, and it was great for the Cowboys to get rid of him. His drop in performance had nothing to do with the change in QB from Romo (who got a lot out of him) to Dak. Dez just lost it, or wasn't that good in the first place.

If Dez goes off in NO, that would seem to prove that Romo had it, and Dak didn't.
Because we know Brees certainly has "it".

tenor.gif

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
UMMMM 2015. Dez got his contract then. Weeden started a minimum of 3 games....Cassle start 8 or 9 and Tony started 3.

So its amazing to me we talk about his drop off when he Had Weeden, Cassle, and then Dak as a qbs since his contract.
Well, Dez got hurt in the first game and Cassel was the QB when he returned.

Dez played with Romo, Cassel, Dak, and Moore (for just over half a game) since his contract. He only played with Weeden in 2014 before his contract.

And he was not any better with Romo in 2015 than he was with Cassel.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dez only has to be #2, has a lot of weapons around, a legit elite QB, and joins a team that just beat the Rams. He appears to have waited until the right team came calling suddenly...

@Verdict is hoping to not eat a lot of crow in the next 3 months....

He will eventually get a TD against a 4th string corner on a bad team, you guys will act like he just won the SB and you guys will say "Dez would have more TDs but he's the 5th option on the teeeeem" LOL.

Verdict

Reaction score
Anyone hear Dez bragging about his pay raise? Lol. Yeah. Me neither.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Why does it hurt some that Dez got a job? If he does well, will our quarterback get blame for playing bad. If he does bad, will this vindicate the quarterback? lmao sounds just like a peeing contest.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
I would have liked to see Dez in an offense where he coulda moved around. His TDS this year are missed. The lack of Rotation at the te position killed his effectiveness.

Drew will put the ball up there where Dez can get it. I think Dez is still a great scoring threat and a great addition to the saints. I'm guessing he'll get 6+ TDS wherever he lines up at wr while we struggle to score in this practice squad te led offense .

Kudos for the opportunity for Dez to get to play on a creative offense that is receiver friendly. Now we can address our te position. The worst scoring te core on record that I can remember since the run n shoot offense that didn't employ one.

We were wrong to cut Dez without replacing his scoring production. Nobody on paper stood out as a scoring threat except Gallop and possibly Austin

Not sure what Jerry was thinking when he lost 12 TDS a year in 88 and 82 and expected Hurns Beasely and Swaim to replace that .

Wittens 4 TDS against the NFC East isn't losing that much but our entire te core has 1 rinky dink scoring play all year long. I don't even think we're on pace for 2 TDS unless someone falls down.

Good luck to 88

Last edited: