Dez Signs with Saints

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
How many games did he play with Romo.

I remember Romo came back against Miami...they won, and Romo got hurt the next game against Carolina. And the whole team looked atrocious that game. So subtract Weeden and add Kellen Moore. The fact is he had Rusty Romo for 1.5 games, Cassle, Moore, and 1 progression Dak. So disputing Weeden and adding Moore does not help your argument that Dez hasnt had a QB that knows how to throw the ball since he got his contract...and it still amazes me that people dont realize this. Do we really think he forgot how to play football from 2014 to 2015.

Just to add....Dez had the Touchdown in the 4th quarter that took the lead in that game in Miami. If we take the games he played with Romo in 2015...thats 1 TD per game avg.....obviously thats hyperbole because its a 1 game sample, but we have no reason to think he would not have performed with Romo.

Last edited:

The Natural

Reaction score
Personally I take this as a compliment. Hopefully you do the same as I think player-first fans (AKA Dez and Romo fans) are the Hershey Squirt stain on the fanbase. Thankfully you guys are now the Saints fanbase problem and I am sure the excuse machine will be aimed at true Saints fans if they call Dez out on a mistake he makes with them.

Good luck on your new bandwagon!
I cant wait for the Saints to march into Jerry's world and bust our ***. Dez is going to get a king's welcome from the paying fans too. While you cockroaches are furious

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

I remember Romo came back against Miami...they won, and Romo got hurt the next game against Carolina. And the whole team looked atrocious that game. So subtract Weeden and add Kellen Moore. The fact is he had Rusty Romo for 1.5 games, Cassle, Moore, and 1 progression Dak. So disputing Weeden and adding Moore does not help your argument that Dez hasnt had a QB that knows how to throw the ball since he got his contract...and it still amazes me that people dont realize this. Do we really think he forgot how to play football from 2014 to 2015.

Dez haterz are a dishonest bunch.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I cant wait for the Saints to march into Jerry's world and bust our ***. Dez is going to get a king's welcome from the paying fans too. While you cockroaches are furious
I won’t be furious. It’s not like they haven’t come in here and busted our *** while we had Romo, Dez and Witten on our team and could only put up 17 points while they put up 49. LOL.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
you get mad at people who like Dez, and basically say they are not Cowboys fans, what's the difference?
Man, I'd love to lay the "I COPY" down in response to you're post, but " I don't copy" on it, as the x#88 certainly wasn't producing footballish product comparable to his pay scale.
I can't recall ever knocking on anybody who'd never wavered in their fandom towards him,,,maybe it was T.O. you've subconsciously affixed this " non fan casted aspersion" to me,as I've never did like him& especially having him on OUR TEAM,,,but,yer' barkin' up the wrong tree in me casting the "yer' not a real fan" B.S. jive to begin with,,,cuz',,,
That's not my bag,BABY!o_O

:lmao::starspin::lmao:

dwreck27

Reaction score
That's with most wide receiver Antonio Brown Julio Jones Keenan Allen all need good quarterbacks to be successful as I've said before the quarterback makes the wr.

On the other hand a bad quarterback can make a good receiver look bad

Yup Calvin Johnson wasn’t a stud before Stafford

Hopkins was good before a still young Watson

Andre johnson was great with that bum Derek Carr

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Well here is the test I can't wait for. Dez was in decline here in Dallas right? Couldn't run routes, dropped balls etc. His TD numbers were down and his yardage numbers. What many refuse to see but will now be forced to see is why Bryants numbers were low? That answer will soon be revealed to be one Dak Prescott.

People love to blame Linehan forgetting that Romo played here with Linehan and he and Dez seemed just fine. Now, when Dez SUDDENLY remembers how to catch, run routes and score TD's it will be obvious what the real issue is. Dak.

Go Dez. Make Dak look like the WR killer that he is.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Nah Hopkins had a very down year when he had no QB. Dez just had Weeden, Cassle, and Dak after getting his contract.
RECEIVING
Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM
2018 Houston Texans 9 63 894 14.2 99.3 49T 7 14 2 43 1
2017 Houston Texans 15 96 1,378 14.4 91.9 72T 13 24 2 69 1
2016 Houston Texans 16 78 954 12.2 59.6 51 4 10 2 56 0
2015 Houston Texans 16 111 1,521 13.7 95.1 61T 11 19 3 83 1
2014 Houston Texans 16 76 1,210 15.9 75.6 76T 6 20 6 57 2
2013 Houston Texans 16 52 802 15.4 50.1 66 2 12 2 38 1

That one “down” year in 2016 with Brock osweiler looks better than the last 3 years with Dak

MCMetal69

Reaction score
I can just picture myself when the Saints visit the Cowboys on the 29th ; I'm going to be cringing every time Brees drops back and then releases the ball towards Dez because there is no doubt in my mind that he'll have Awuzie spinning like a top looking for him...................

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I won’t be furious. It’s not like they haven’t come in here and busted our *** while we had Romo, Dez and Witten on our team and could only put up 17 points while they put up 49. LOL.
What will really be funny is if they don't beat us THAT bad.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Just to add....Dez had the Touchdown in the 4th quarter that took the lead in that game in Miami. If we take the games he played with Romo in 2015...thats 1 TD per game avg.....obviously thats hyperbole because its a 1 game sample, but we have no reason to think he would not have performed with Romo.
He played just under 3 games with Romo because Dez got hurt late 3rd quarter of the first game and Romo got hurt late 3rd quarter of the 3rd game.

Many Dez fans just want to blame the QBs specifically everyone but Romo to include Weeden who didn’t even play with Dez in 2015. And when it is brought up that Romo played with Dez instead of Weeden the excuses start flowing for those games but no other QB is afforded any benefit of the doubt. For instance, people will say Romo was rusty but won’t say something like Cassel came in mid season and had to learn a new offense.

But, I don’t worry about Dez’s drop in production. What I concern myself with his mistakes that he controls and 2015 was full of mistakes, especially considering his reduced playing time and relative to his low production. And those mistakes were very apparent even with Romo. To name a few just in the 3 games with Romo:

Week 1 - dropped a wide open pass on 3rd down in the red zone which should have set up 1st and goal inside the 5, if he didn’t score. He was also dehydrated and needed to leave for an IV before eventually breaking his foot.

Against Miami - he had a miscommunication in the red zone where he should have been the hot read causing an interception. Tony had to get on him after this play. He got a taunting penalty along with TWill before half causing us to kick off from the 20. Miami was able to score before half with favorable field position.

Agianst Carolina - Called our Carolina DBs pre-game causing Norman to go “Black Knight”. Argued with Norman during a play in which a pick 6 was returned to his side of the field instead of trying to prevent it. Also dropped a TD in the corner of the end zone early in the game when the score was still tight.

None of those things with Romo were the result of Romo being rusty. They were Dez not performing up to the caliber that a Top 3 WR being paid top dolllar, especially one tha threatened to sit out the season because he didn’t like the franchise tag.

These are the things I blame him for that Dez fans have continued to try and excuse and just simply point the finger to Weeden, Cassel, and Moore in 2015.

Dez fans have simply not been able to just admit, yeah he should have been better than that. It’s not an unrealistic expectation for fans to just make a simple admission rather than fight tooth and nail to try and protect their pet player from valid criticism.

And, BTW, I treat all players the same way. Each player should be accountable for their own mistakes, so I am just not singling Dez out. I just argue with Dez and Romo fans more because they seem to have a rabid bunch of fans hell bent on blaming someone else for their mistakes.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
RECEIVING
Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM
2018 Houston Texans 9 63 894 14.2 99.3 49T 7 14 2 43 1
2017 Houston Texans 15 96 1,378 14.4 91.9 72T 13 24 2 69 1
2016 Houston Texans 16 78 954 12.2 59.6 51 4 10 2 56 0
2015 Houston Texans 16 111 1,521 13.7 95.1 61T 11 19 3 83 1
2014 Houston Texans 16 76 1,210 15.9 75.6 76T 6 20 6 57 2
2013 Houston Texans 16 52 802 15.4 50.1 66 2 12 2 38 1

That one “down” year in 2016 with Brock osweiler looks better than the last 3 years with Dak

Yeah he went from 111 1521 and 11 TDs to 78 catchtes less than a thousand and 4 touches. thats Down quite a bit. and It also includes what you call down. Dez is a pay dirt guy. Hops great year was 5 less TDs than Dezs and his down year was 2 less TDs than Dez. Keep in mind Dez has never been in an offense where they force feed him the ball like other top WR, yet he always had more TDs.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

I'm a realist, so I'm pretty much resigned to this season being done for, so Saints beating us is expected. Wouldn't be disappointed in it happening at this point, but am disappointed at the "fans" cheering for the saints instead of the cowboys.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
He played just under 3 games with Romo because Dez got hurt late 3rd quarter of the first game and Romo got hurt late 3rd quarter of the 3rd game.

Many Dez fans just want to blame the QBs specifically everyone but Romo to include Weeden who didn’t even play with Dez in 2015. And when it is brought up that Romo played with Dez instead of Weeden the excuses start flowing for those games but no other QB is afforded any benefit of the doubt. For instance, people will say Romo was rusty but won’t say something like Cassel came in mid season and had to learn a new offense.

But, I don’t worry about Dez’s drop in production. What I concern myself with his mistakes that he controls and 2015 was full of mistakes, especially considering his reduced playing time and relative to his low production. And those mistakes were very apparent even with Romo. To name a few just in the 3 games with Romo:

Week 1 - dropped a wide open pass on 3rd down in the red zone which should have set up 1st and goal inside the 5, if he didn’t score. He was also dehydrated and needed to leave for an IV before eventually breaking his foot.

Against Miami - he had a miscommunication in the red zone where he should have been the hot read causing an interception. Tony had to get on him after this play. He got a taunting penalty along with TWill before half causing us to kick off from the 20. Miami was able to score before half with favorable field position.

Agianst Carolina - Called our Carolina DBs pre-game causing Norman to go “Black Knight”. Argued with Norman during a play in which a pick 6 was returned to his side of the field instead of trying to prevent it. Also dropped a TD in the corner of the end zone early in the game when the score was still tight.

None of those things with Romo were the result of Romo being rusty. They were Dez not performing up to the caliber that a Top 3 WR being paid top dolllar, especially one tha threatened to sit out the season because he didn’t like the franchise tag.

These are the things I blame him for that Dez fans have continued to try and excuse and just simply point the finger to Weeden, Cassel, and Moore in 2015.

Dez fans have simply not been able to just admit, yeah he should have been better than that. It’s not an unrealistic expectation for fans to just make a simple admission rather than fight tooth and nail to try and protect their pet player from valid criticism.

And, BTW, I treat all players the same way. Each player should be accountable for their own mistakes, so I am just not singling Dez out. I just argue with Dez and Romo fans more because they seem to have a rabid bunch of fans hell bent on blaming someone else for their mistakes.

Well I dont post often, and tho Im a Dez fan, Im not a Dez fan over being a cowboys fan. You will see my total feelings in a post i just made...

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Yup Calvin Johnson wasn’t a stud before Stafford

Hopkins was good before a still young Watson

Andre johnson was great with that bum Derek Carr
Andre Johnson may have been the most underappreciated WR ever in the NFL. He endured poor to average QB play, years of no running game, no other threats in the passing game and still put up impressive numbers. One of the most complete WRs I've ever seen, he was big, strong, fast, great hands, great leaper, great route runner, the guy could jump over you, run through you or run right past you. There were so many times, literally everybody knew where the ball was going and he would still make a play.