News: Dez To Work With “Route Guru”

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No. You’re allowed to given negative opinions and then the positive people are allowed to call you a whiner, hater, moron, etc. You are not allowed to pound on the positive posters though.
Got it. I was confused.

Dez led the NFL in TDs in 2014!

Most receiving yards in 2012!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In related news, Jason Garrett is going to coaching camp this summer.

"Jason Garrett is going to be coaching camp this summer"

Translation

"Jason Garrett is going to be clapping and patting fanies at camp this summer"

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And you cant blame just Dez. How can the coaches sit back and watch this guy run routes every day and not demand better? A bunch of bums from top to bottom.

Instead of correcting him, they simply ONLY allow him to run the few routes that he does well. Hence leading more to the predictability of the offense. Just goes to show how absolutely horrid the coaching is here.
Drew Pearson has talked about Dez needing to work on his route running since he was drafted. It’s been painfully obvious to everyone this was needed to be take seriously years ago. As good as Dez was physically, if he had worked on his craft earlier he would have been unstoppable and much more dominant.

ShortRound

Reaction score
OJEXGw1.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Drew Pearson has talked about Dez needing to work on his route running since he was drafted. It’s been painfully obvious to everyone this was needed to be take seriously years ago. As good as Dez was physically, if he had worked on his craft earlier he would have been unstoppable and much more dominant.

Exactly. The guy had the talent to be HOF.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I wonder how much that has effected his relationship with Dak....Some blame his inaccuracies, but maybe some of it is piss poor route running?

In 2016, Dez led the league with average yards per catch!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
And you cant blame just Dez. How can the coaches sit back and watch this guy run routes every day and not demand better? A bunch of bums from top to bottom.

Instead of correcting him, they simply ONLY allow him to run the few routes that he does well. Hence leading more to the predictability of the offense. Just goes to show how absolutely horrid the coaching is here.

Bingo

You make him get better, not play down to his level

phildadon86

Reaction score
Robinson believes the Cowboys scheme has something to do with Bryant’s route running. In Bryant’s situation the strength of his game that the Cowboys have noticed is the slant route and jump balls, 50-50 balls, but in Robinson’s opinion he believes Dez can run the whole route tree, he just hasn’t been asked to do so. Robinson also believes the Cowboys should move Dez around more, from outside into the slot some because he’s a mismatch.

No surprise.
IMO we have wasted his career here, luckily he had Romo for his first half of his career.
Dude had freak talent yet we let it go to waste.

But wait. I was under the impression from everyone on this board it is all Dez Byrants fault. All Daks fault. All anyone but the coaches fault. According to @xwalker Who knows more about route running and coaching than Robinson Dez shouldn't even be in the NFL. Gotta love when people get proven wrong by actual football people

Proof

Reaction score
Comedy,...................

So let me get this straight......

Now that my professional gravy training of my contract from Jerry is in jeopardy, I'm going to try and improve my route running.......

Oh ok....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

Uhmm. Isn't this something he should have done at OK State???

This guy is becoming such a primadonna thin skinned pita.

Or he's been dominant for a long time with no one questioning his route running, then he became no longer dominant and folks started roasting his route running. so he... heard the criticisms and decided to work on that aspect?

Praxit

Reaction score
..lol.. yeah, at 30 something now he thinks about it. Gee whizzz..