News: Dez To Work With “Route Guru”

phildadon86

Reaction score
Drew Pearson has talked about Dez needing to work on his route running since he was drafted. It’s been painfully obvious to everyone this was needed to be take seriously years ago. As good as Dez was physically, if he had worked on his craft earlier he would have been unstoppable and much more dominant.
And none of our coaches did anything about it? Doesn't that say something about our coaching staff? At all? Sorry but I can never forget when Matt Cassel got here and said he was looking for help and no one was around. Maybe our coaches should have worked on his route running years ago and he wouldn't be needing to go seek help from other people outside of the organization. Just my opinon

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
And you cant blame just Dez. How can the coaches sit back and watch this guy run routes every day and not demand better? A bunch of bums from top to bottom.

Instead of correcting him, they simply ONLY allow him to run the few routes that he does well. Hence leading more to the predictability of the offense. Just goes to show how absolutely horrid the coaching is here.

Exactly ........In fact, this is something should've been addressed before his rookie deal expired.

RamziD

Reaction score
Oh, great move Dez. I mean, what does The Admiral know about football anyway? :rolleyes:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And none of our coaches did anything about it? Doesn't that say something about our coaching staff? At all? Sorry but I can never forget when Matt Cassel got here and said he was looking for help and no one was around. Maybe our coaches should have worked on his route running years ago and he wouldn't be needing to go seek help from other people outside of the organization. Just my opinon

Preaching to the choir there. I gave this staff 5.5 years of my support and they lost it.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And you cant blame just Dez. How can the coaches sit back and watch this guy run routes every day and not demand better? A bunch of bums from top to bottom.

Instead of correcting him, they simply ONLY allow him to run the few routes that he does well. Hence leading more to the predictability of the offense. Just goes to show how absolutely horrid the coaching is here.
mr cRoy---- i must agree...so glad they got rid of Dooley...i think Dez would have gotten better if more was expected of him as a route runner

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
"I'd rather keep all my money and keep the same play...."
Dez

Dezzie!!!

Screen-Shot-2013-05-24-at-6.24.15-PM.png

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So he's staying around? It would be so apropos for the fans to boo his effort to get better and then he goes to another team and is actually better.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Now we just need to get him a hands guru, so he can hold onto the ball. :D

Than get the coaching staff a passing offense guru and they will be on their way.

Maybe he can meet Lester Hayes at his house, he still has boxes of stickem in the garage.

jrumann59

Reaction score
People assume because Dez is seeing a specific guy for the first time that every other offseason Dez has done exactly nothing.

This is stupid logic people.

Don't be stupid.
I do not remember where I saw it but I remember seeing he does attend a facility with other NFL receivers that all they do is work on fundementals in the off season.