Twitter: Did an Eagles staffer push Xavier Woods?

Sydla

Reaction score
I obviously didn't watch as closely as I thought. I guess I lost track when video went blank as it switched from one camera to the other. You guys are right that the staffer did push Woods. I still think it was while he was on his way to see to the Eagle player, and the push was pretty minor - more of get "give me room to get by" push, but it was antagonistic and should not happen with a staffer out on the field.

I thought so to but then watched xwalker's video. The staffer clearly pushes Woods.

I still don't think it's that big of a deal.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Looks like that staffer could handle himself if need be. Just guessing though.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Yeah.... yeah...... but Byron is cool thou right? He gets up, catches the flag and he's like, "10k flags ain't saving these jokers tonight......."

Haha I didn't catch that. Too bad he can't catch the football that well.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unprofessional to touch a member of the opposing team like that. I'm sure the eagles will pay his fine.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That slow mo changes it for me too............ he clearly shoved him. I thought he just got bumped and kind of pushed Woods away but he ran right at Woods and shoved him.

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly why he pushed him. I don't think the officials necessarily saw it, just the reaction afterward. Even if they saw it, the trainer was coming on the field to check on the receiver, so I could see why they would let it go as long as it didn't escalate into something more. It wasn't like the trainer ran out on the field for no reason, got in Woods' face and then double-hand shoved him. I think it was a smart non-call. And I think it would be smart of the league to reprimand him privately and let him know that he does not need to put his hands on the other team's players no matter what.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
From my viewpoint at the game it looked like he gave him a slight push with both hands to get him out of the way to reach Alshon. Woods got super pissed and went right after him. I thought they might throw a flag on the trainer for putting his hands on Woods. I was real curious to see the replay once I got home because it happened so fast but it didn’t really show it too well. I’m curious to see it on all 22 as well.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
My thoughts.

The refs are suppose to call staffers onto the field when they see an injury. Hence the expression an injury timeout. That should have been an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the sideline. Since the refs didn't call him onto the field. So it doesn't matter what his intentions were because his actions were illegal.

So my take on this is the prick just ran out to push Woods. He was aggressive as hell getting to Woods then all of his aggression just died after the push. He barely even looked at the so called injured player. He just wanted to push Woods.

CB61

Reaction score
What do you expect from a team whose home stadium has a jail and a courtroom ? The only one in the NFL mind you

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I thought so to but then watched xwalker's video. The staffer clearly pushes Woods.

I still don't think it's that big of a deal.
Seems like an unintentional "look out, I gotta get to my guy" kind of thing.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

kfIsHYR.gif

Philmonroe

Reaction score
What do you expect from a team whose home stadium has a jail and a courtroom ? The only one in the NFL mind you
I don't think that's at the new stadium. The vet wasn't that bad but people are easily fed lies nowadays.

CB61

Reaction score
I don't think that's at the new stadium. The vet wasn't that bad but people are easily fed lies nowadays.
I was at the vet in the early 80s pretty rough luckily the people I work with we're all former College lineman

RoboQB

Reaction score
He's an assistant athletic trainer, FWIW.

So he was running onto the field because the Eagles WR did look like he might be hurt.

Yes. He also purposely pushed Woods. I didn't see that in the job description... lol
Either way, he should get a fine from the league office.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think it's nothing.

The guy is running on the field as the Eagles guy might be down and hurt and bumps into Woods and shoves him to get to the Eagles player. He thought maybe Woods bumped him.

No big deal IMO.
Yeah it looks worse than it is. Easy mistake to make.