Did anybody else notice what Romo said on the sideline during the Lions game?

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
Flame away if you like.....but I was honestly just curious if anybody else noticed this....obviously anybody that did won't come forward now I imagine.

Look for the record, I have nothing against Romo....definitely think he has talent and hope he is the LONG TERM answer...but I believe in the 'win now' philosophy and really don't see what is wrong with putting Bledsoe in for the PLAYOFFS and letting the chips fall where they may.

WHAT ELSE DO WE HAVE TO LOSE AT THIS POINT? :confused:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1284955 said:
Ok...I could be totally wrong about this, but after watching the game again I'm pretty sure that after Romo turned the ball over for the 3rd time he was shown on the bench disoriented shouting "Am I out" to one of the coaches....now this was before he put up some yards in the 2nd half I believe.

So my obvious question is did he assume he was going to be benched after that? And why does Parcells protect him so much despite the STUPID mistakes....what is keeping him from going back to Bledsoe or is there more than meets the eye?

Honestly.....Right now the best thing Romo can do is sit himself down given his struggles and turn the ball back to Bledsoe. Because it's apparent no matter how bad he plays he won't get pulled....and considering we will likely be down by more than 3 scores to the Seahawks it's sad that Bledsoe won't get a chance to jumpstart the offense and will us to victory. :(

Well I didnt see the game or what you think you may have lipread.... but I will say this.... Romo SHOULD be leary of being pulled(not saying to pull him) but he needs to fear it happening... he is taking too many chances and being flat out too careless with the ball.... Bill hates that and we know that.... reel that leash in just a little Bill....

Bledsoe back under center - surely you jest!
You used the right when with Bledsoe.. "sad"... you just used it in the wrong context

DALLAS D

Reaction score
why is exactly did romo fumble so much? hm well partly because he's always pressured and the o line is pushed around alot. so lets imagine bledsoe aka the statue of liberty in there. there'd probably be an imprint of his helmet on the grass. Romo has some good plays he just needs to take care of the ball better. :banghead:

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1285014 said:
I don't hate Bledsoe. I think you reached to come to the conclusion you did.

Let's see "Am I Out"

-- of time

-- of timeouts

Just two suggestions he might have been talking about.

So are you saying you did see this too? :D

You're right....maybe he did mean that and I'm just reading into things....just thought it warranted a discussion.

Good to know you don't hate Bledsoe though.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1284994 said:
It wasn't lip reading...you could clearly hear what he was saying.

How about I post Romo's december numbers....you might not be laughing so hard. In fact it's really absurb that despite losing 3 of 4 home games, including one to the 2-13 lions that everybody still believes Romo is the better QB.

What did Bledsoe do to anybody here that he is so hated? Funny how we are all quick to forget he led us to a 9-7 record last year with a much less talented team. :confused:

As long as the offense is putting up 14-21 per game and still losing, you can rest assured it's on the defense. In fact all the close games last year were because of our defense, not Bleed-Slow...

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1285026 said:
Flame away if you like.....but I was honestly just curious if anybody else noticed this....obviously anybody that did won't come forward now I imagine.

Look for the record, I have nothing against Romo....definitely think he has talent and hope he is the LONG TERM answer...but I believe in the 'win now' philosophy and really don't see what is wrong with putting Bledsoe in for the PLAYOFFS and letting the chips fall where they may.

WHAT ELSE DO WE HAVE TO LOSE AT THIS POINT? :confused:

Bledsoe wouldnt survive the first series with this OL.

So quick to forget how we were going nowhere with Deadslow as the QB?

Your act is tired.

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1285036 said:
Bledsoe wouldnt survive the first series with this OL.

So quick to forget how we were going nowhere with Deadslow as the QB?

Your act is tired.

We were 3 - 2 down 5 points at HOME to the giants when he was bench.......it's nothing but SPECULATION in terms of where the season was going.

Whether I say we would have went 12-4 with Bledsoe, or you say we would have went 6-10...guess what IT DONT MATTER.....AND WE'LL NEVER KNOW!

Are we THAT hungry for a franchise QB that we refuse to believe anything but Bledsoe is a bum and Romo is god? :confused:

superpunk

Reaction score
As a guy who really liked Bledsoe, I'll take a minute to defend (in a vague, non-supportive way) guys calling for him to be put back in. From strictly a record, and offensive standpoint - we're really not that much better than we were without Bledsoe. 6-4 isn't much better than 3-3. We're not scoring more points, so why wouldn't you (if you're looking at it that simplistically) back your guy? I actually don't think it's trolling. I don't support it, just offering an explanation.

zeromaster

Reaction score
Why make Seattle's defensive assignment even easier? Bledsoe now has some serious rust to go with his stellar decision making earlier this season.

StarAmongStars;1284970 said:
And what is the problem with going back to Bledsoe??? We are in the playoffs and ANYTHING can happen.....

Pat-Pat-Splat

Pat-Pat-Thud

Pat-Pat-Oops...

Repeat as necessary.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk;1285047 said:
As a guy who really liked Bledsoe, I'll take a minute to defend (in a vague, non-supportive way) guys calling for him to be put back in. From strictly a record, and offensive standpoint - we're really not that much better than we were without Bledsoe. 6-4 isn't much better than 3-3. We're not scoring more points, so why wouldn't you (if you're looking at it that simplistically) back your guy? I actually don't think it's trolling. I don't support it, just offering an explanation.
Well, our record is better, with our defense playing much worse. What does that lead you to conclude?

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1285044 said:
We were 3 - 2 down 5 points at HOME to the giants when he was bench.......it's nothing but SPECULATION in terms of where the season was going.

Whether I say we would have went 12-4 with Bledsoe, or you say we would have went 6-10...guess what IT DONT MATTER.....AND WE'LL NEVER KNOW!

Are we THAT hungry for a franchise QB that we refuse to believe anything but Bledsoe is a bum and Romo is god? :confused:

Remember the Eagles game when we had a chance to tie the game, Lito 102 yards later - you get my point.. Remember the Jaguars game when he threw the ball to the other team three times - and we only lost by 7? Remember out of the 3 games we won with him at QB it was against the Commanders, Titans, and Houston (what a list). Or in the Giants game, where he promptly changed BP's play call to throw a very risky out route at the goal line (who the hell does that?). Bottom line - I really hope you're kidding.

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
There's no reasonable explanation for anyone wanting Bledsoe back in there. The guy is terrible and consistently finds ways to give the game away and on top of it is over the hill. There's no future with him and he doesn't give us the best chance to win now.

At least with Romo, he has a chance to get better and improve and could be a legit QB for some time.

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt;1285058 said:
Well, our record is better, with our defense playing much worse. What does that lead you to conclude?

It leads ME to believe that Romo kicks ***.

It might lead others to a different conclusion. (COME ON! That was what my ENTIRE post was about. :mad:)

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
superpunk;1285047 said:

Thank you for the post SP........and your opinion has been duly noted.

This pretty much is part of my arguement.....that we really haven't improved much with Romo. (Although I'm sure a ton of people will tell you we'd be 6-0 in the games Bledsoe started if Romo had played all year).

Bledsoe knows how to win games....sure he loses them sometimes too like all QB's....but right now it's laughable that anybody thinks Romo gives us the 'best chance' to win.

So we start Romo and get pounded in Seattle so he can 'learn'...why not start Bledsoe and at least have a 'chance' to win. I want a 6th world title and don't care what the rest of the fans want.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1284955 said:
Ok...I could be totally wrong about this, but after watching the game again I'm pretty sure that after Romo turned the ball over for the 3rd time he was shown on the bench disoriented shouting "Am I out" to one of the coaches....now this was before he put up some yards in the 2nd half I believe.

So my obvious question is did he assume he was going to be benched after that? And why does Parcells protect him so much despite the STUPID mistakes....what is keeping him from going back to Bledsoe or is there more than meets the eye?

Honestly.....Right now the best thing Romo can do is sit himself down given his struggles and turn the ball back to Bledsoe. Because it's apparent no matter how bad he plays he won't get pulled....and considering we will likely be down by more than 3 scores to the Seahawks it's sad that Bledsoe won't get a chance to jumpstart the offense and will us to victory. :(

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Thanks for the laugh.

wileedog

Reaction score
VA Cowboy;1285075 said:
At least with Romo, he has a chance to get better and improve and could be a legit QB for some time.

And why in the world would you not get him invaluable playoff experience this year if you even remotely think he's your guy?

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Keep this thread open so we can vent all our frustration about the Deadslow era. It was really tough last year knowing that he costed us the Oakland, Seattle, Denver, New York, and the Washington blowout (those 3 INTs didn't help).

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1285080 said:
Thank you for the post SP........and your opinion has been duly noted.

This pretty much is part of my arguement.....that we really haven't improved much with Romo. (Although I'm sure a ton of people will tell you we'd be 6-0 in the games Bledsoe started if Romo had played all year).

Bledsoe knows how to win games....sure he loses them sometimes too like all QB's....but right now it's laughable that anybody thinks Romo gives us the 'best chance' to win.

So we start Romo and get pounded in Seattle so he can 'learn'...why not start Bledsoe and at least have a 'chance' to win. I want a 6th world title and don't care what the rest of the fans want.

A chance to win? You mean like that Seattle game last year where Drews idiot decision cost us the game? Great idea. What a chance to win that would be.