Did anybody else notice what Romo said on the sideline during the Lions game?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
tddance21vd.gif

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
HeavyHitta31;1285442 said:
This is the stupidest thing ever written, uttered, or conceptualized by anyone anywhere in the entire history of the world.

Uh, I think kartr might disagree with this statement!

joseephuss

Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1285425 said:
Can't be that lame given the number of responses.....and what's wrong this thread? I feel it's very relevant given Romo's recent play and sorry you don't want discuss...

Relevance? You don't even know what he said and what he was talking about. And recent play? Even playing poorly, he is still doing better than Bledsoe has done in years. There is some relevance for you.

gbrittain

Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1285381 said:
The defense has been pathetic ever since Bledsoe was benched...is there any coincidence to this correlation? I think so....

As for your other question....I'm a Cowboys fan first....always have been. But I have always followed Bledsoe since I grew up back east....from his days as a patriot and then Buffalo since local TV was dominated by the AFC East.

Also a side note.....I had a good friend at college who had a contact within the Patriots organization, and even despite Tom Brady and the 3 superbowls he said that Bledsoe was the best thing that ever happened to that franchise. The man is still a legend in some circles around the New England area. :bow:

I propose we find a Patriots forum and list a few key prominent people/players from the Patriots past say:

Bill Belichek
Tom Brady
Irving Fryar
Steve Grogan
Adam Vinatieri
Raymond Berry
Drew Bledsoe
Nick Buoniconti
Michael Haynes
John Hannah
Andre Tippett
Bruce Armstrong

Now lets see how many votes Bledsoe gets for best thing that ever happened to that franchise? Any wagers?

I am trying to help you undig your hole, but you keep digging. I saw where you credited DB for the defense playing better and as one poster pointed out it has only been the last four game yet Romo has started 10.

Remember honest and intelligent answers you have yet to do that. Your credibility is pretty much at zero lets see if you can do anything to rectify that situation.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1285442 said:
This is the stupidest thing ever written, uttered, or conceptualized by anyone anywhere in the entire history of the world, that wasn't an aggie.

*fixed*

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;1285446 said:
Uh, I think kartr might disagree with this statement!

We have a playoff run to attend to and this guy claims we have nothing to lose. What a maroon.

zeromaster

Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1285026 said:
<snip>

Look for the record, I have nothing against Romo....definitely think he has talent and hope he is the LONG TERM answer...but I believe in the 'win now' philosophy and really don't see what is wrong with putting Bledsoe in for the PLAYOFFS and letting the chips fall where they may.

<snip>

The "win now" philosophy really got the Commanders going, didn't it? Still think they want Brunell starting? That same philosophy got us reaching for draft picks before Parcells got here, trying to hold on to the past. Just one more receiver (Galloway), etc. Remember?

So we start Romo and get pounded in Seattle so he can 'learn'...why not start Bledsoe and at least have a 'chance' to win.

Last I checked, there were no awards for how many 'chances' a team had to win a game, any more than there are for the pre-season, pre-game analyses based on stats and the biases of the media.

How long does it take to figure out that with this defense, the Boys aren't going very far anyway? Might as well let the QB of the future (which I think he can be) get some much-needed pressure cooker experience.

The better to understand where this is going in the offseason, which will be showing up sooner than any of us would like it to.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
HeavyHitta31;1285468 said:
We have a playoff run to attend to and this guy claims we have nothing to lose. What a maroon.

I agree with you...man, I feel sorry for this guy! He's getting the crap beat out of him...and he comes back for more?

:laugh2:

CaptainQuint

Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1284955 said:
Ok...I could be totally wrong about this, but after watching the game again I'm pretty sure that after Romo turned the ball over for the 3rd time he was shown on the bench disoriented shouting "Am I out" to one of the coaches....now this was before he put up some yards in the 2nd half I believe.

So my obvious question is did he assume he was going to be benched after that? And why does Parcells protect him so much despite the STUPID mistakes....what is keeping him from going back to Bledsoe or is there more than meets the eye?

Honestly.....Right now the best thing Romo can do is sit himself down given his struggles and turn the ball back to Bledsoe. Because it's apparent no matter how bad he plays he won't get pulled....and considering we will likely be down by more than 3 scores to the Seahawks it's sad that Bledsoe won't get a chance to jumpstart the offense and will us to victory. :(

Romo may have asked 'Am I out?' on Sunday because

1. coaches keep threatening him during the week
2. he has a hand injury, kept secret

I certainly can imagine one or more coaches telling him '3 turnovers and you're out!'

So, like a 3rd grader at a Catholic School, he could have honestly believed that he'd reached his 3 turnover limit.

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
joseephuss;1285447 said:
Relevance? You don't even know what he said and what he was talking about. And recent play? Even playing poorly, he is still doing better than Bledsoe has done in years. There is some relevance for you.

It's all about the Wins and Losses.....sorry you don't understand that.

Rob Johnson had a career QB rating over 90 yet failed miserably as a starting QB in this league and lost many more games than he won....Bledsoe's career rating is under 80 yet he's led his team to two superbowls and is one of the most prolific passers of all time.

Some numbers really don't mean squat when you put them under the microscope....and there's a reason Romo wasn't drafted despite his talent.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
overfiend60;1285375 said:
http://img122.*************/img122/1674/ohsnapqe7.gif

Well............What's he saying? C'mon.

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
CaptainQuint;1285479 said:
Romo may have asked 'Am I out?' on Sunday because

1. coaches keep threatening him during the week
2. he has a hand injury, kept secret

I certainly can imagine one or more coaches telling him '3 turnovers and you're out!'

So, like a 3rd grader at a Catholic School, he could have honestly believed that he'd reached his 3 turnover limit.

Another plausible theory for sure.....:cool:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
5Stars;1285476 said:
I agree with you...man, I feel sorry for this guy! He's getting the crap beat out of him...and he comes back for more?

:laugh2:

bump.jpg

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1285468 said:

With the defense giving up 40 points a game....yes we really don't have much to lose and need a QB that can put up numbers in what promises to be nothing short of a shootout in Seattle......believe what you like though.