Did anybody else notice what Romo said on the sideline during the Lions game?

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
zeromaster;1285469 said:
The "win now" philosophy really got the Commanders going, didn't it? Still think they want Brunell starting? That same philosophy got us reaching for draft picks before Parcells got here, trying to hold on to the past. Just one more receiver (Galloway), etc. Remember?

Last I checked, there were no awards for how many 'chances' a team had to win a game, any more than there are for the pre-season, pre-game analyses based on stats and the biases of the media.

How long does it take to figure out that with this defense, the Boys aren't going very far anyway? Might as well let the QB of the future (which I think he can be) get some much-needed pressure cooker experience.

The better to understand where this is going in the offseason, which will be showing up sooner than any of us would like it to.

Stranger things have happened....as bad as this defensive unit is right now. That's exactly why'd I'd roll the dice with the veteran instead of Romo who is essentially a rookie.

joseephuss

Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1285481 said:
It's all about the Wins and Losses.....sorry you don't understand that.

Rob Johnson had a career QB rating over 90 yet failed miserably as a starting QB in this league and lost many more games than he won....Bledsoe's career rating is under 80 yet he's led his team to two superbowls and is one of the most prolific passers of all time.

Some numbers really don't mean squat when you put them under the microscope....and there's a reason Romo wasn't drafted despite his talent.

I do understand Wins and Losses. Romo has a better winning percentage than Bledsoe.

CaptainQuint

Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1285483 said:
Another plausible theory for sure.....:cool:

If that theory is true, I blame the coaches for that negative attitude.

You should watch old tapes of Hank Stram, after Len Dawson interceptions, saying "Come on Lenny! You can do it!"

And that's the type of encouraging, non-threatening coaches we need.

Romo is a rare talent, and we're lucky to have him.

And if Romo can't play, for any reason, we would have more chance with Matt Baker...not with Drew Bledsoe.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
borat-dance.gif

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
joseephuss;1285493 said:
I do understand Wins and Losses. Romo has a better winning percentage than Bledsoe.

Talk to me after he's been in the league for 14 season like Bledsoe if you want to compare winning percentage.

And Romo's career 6-4 mark is far from mindblowing. :laugh1: :laugh2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
StarAmongStars;1285490 said:
Stranger things have happened....as bad as this defensive unit is right now. That's exactly why'd I'd roll the dice with the veteran instead of Romo who is essentially a rookie.

So now you want Bledsoe to play defense? I wonder if he could sack the QB? I mean, he has tons of experience...

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
CaptainQuint;1285494 said:
If that theory is true, I blame the coaches for that negative attitude.

You should watch old tapes of Hank Stram, after Len Dawson interceptions, saying "Come on Lenny! You can do it!"

And that's the type of encouraging, non-threatening coaches we need.

Romo is a rare talent, and we're lucky to have him.

And if Romo can't play, for any reason, we would have more chance with Matt Baker...not with Drew Bledsoe.

:lmao: :lmao2: :laugh2: :laugh1:

We might as well resign Jose Cortez then if that's your way of thinking.....

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
StarAmongStars;1285499 said:
:lmao: :lmao2: :laugh2: :laugh1:

Maybe Jose can make the defense play better! Hey, you might be on to something...finally!

:lmao:

silver

Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1285497 said:
Talk to me after he's been in the league for 14 season like Bledsoe if you want to compare winning percentage.

And Romo's career 6-4 mark is far from mindblowing. :laugh1: :laugh2:

do you remember bledsoe's performance the last time we played in seattle?

CaptainQuint

Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1285499 said:

Bledsoe should be released. If he gets into the game, it means we're done.
Crayton would be a better choice at QB.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
silver;1285504 said:
do you remember bledsoe's performance the last time we played in seattle?

Here's part of it. That's all I need to see.

DarbyTubbs545_0822.jpg

superpunk

Reaction score
I think the mods could rename this thread “Funny Animated Gifs” and none of us would bat an eye.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
superpunk;1285522 said:
I think the mods could rename this thread “Funny Animated StarAmongStars” and none of us would bat an eye.

fixed

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
superpunk;1285522 said:
I think the mods could rename this thread “Funny Animated Gifs” and none of us would bat an eye.

Would be better than the current name. :lmao2:

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1285507 said:
Here's part of it. That's all I need to see.

DarbyTubbs545_0822.jpg

Still had the lead going into late in the 4th quarter......until Cortez missed a chip shot field goal and the defense gave up the lead.