Did anyone watch the Cowboys-Vikings replay last night?

GoJacks

Reaction score
I checked out some of it and plan to watch it some more today. But in the short time I did watch it, what jumped out to me was the play of current free agent DE Everson Griffen against Tyron Smith. He truly gave our left tackle everything that he could handle, and then some. To be honest, the Vikings front in general outplayed our offensive line. Zeke and the running game ran into a brick wall all night and Minnesota was also able to maintain an excellent pass rush as well.

Watching Griffen perform so well, it reaffirms my beliefs that signing him would be the icing on the cake to a near-perfect offseason. It would solidify the RDE spot and take away the current uncertainty and guesswork at the position.

Free up the money and go sign a true, available, quality RDE.
If people think Gregory and Smith are fruit loops, look at Griffin's history. Not much better.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I checked out some of it and plan to watch it some more today. But in the short time I did watch it, what jumped out to me was the play of current free agent DE Everson Griffen against Tyron Smith. He truly gave our left tackle everything that he could handle, and then some. To be honest, the Vikings front in general outplayed our offensive line. Zeke and the running game ran into a brick wall all night and Minnesota was also able to maintain an excellent pass rush as well.

Watching Griffen perform so well, it reaffirms my beliefs that signing him would be the icing on the cake to a near-perfect offseason. It would solidify the RDE spot and take away the current uncertainty and guesswork at the position.

Free up the money and go sign a true, available, quality RDE.

I think you're sorely mistaken. This offense line has been the best in the NFL, the last 20 years.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If people think Gregory and Smith are fruit loops, look at Griffin's history. Not much better.

Those that think the Cowboys should jump all over Griffen fail to realize that it's been almost 60 days since he voided his contract and he is still unsigned. That should be a red flag. Now they will say that he is waiting for the right offer but as time goes by teams have less and less cap space to offer that "right" contract. Also they don't get that maybe, just maybe the GM's of this league don't think he's worth at this point in his career as much as he thinks he's worth.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I think you're sorely mistaken. This offense line has been the best in the NFL, the last 20 years.

The Cowboys had a great line in 2016 but today, as big of a Cowboys fan as I am, they no longer have the best offensive line. Smith has a bad back and has missed games the past 4 seasons for a variety of reasons and of the offensive linemen had the most penalties last season, Frederick retired, LG is up for grabs. Collins is OK and the only really stable lineman is Martin.

I wish this line was the line from 2016 but they're not.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys had a great line in 2016 but today, as big of a Cowboys fan as I am, they no longer have the best offensive line. Smith has a bad back and has missed games the past 4 seasons for a variety of reasons and of the offensive linemen had the most penalties last season, Frederick retired, LG is up for grabs. Collins is OK and the only really stable lineman is Martin.

I wish this line was the line from 2016 but they're not.

Haven't been consistent in a while.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I get the engraved notice that you now determine who can express opinions then I will.

Yeah, but you go ahead and tell others what they should and shouldn't express opinions about. I guess you're not even aware of what a hypocrite you truly are.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not know why they have not gone after him.

I do not know what he is looking for etc., but we have been so attack mode everywhere else, just sign him and make my day. Gregory and Smith be damned.

That's what I'm talking about. For all of the great acquisitions they've made, RDE is still a big question mark. Fill the need and leave no doubt.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yeah, but you go ahead and tell others what they should and shouldn't express opinions about. I guess you're not even aware of what a hypocrite you truly are.

Don't bother replying. You just want to continue saying the same senseless thing over and over. You do what you want and be happy and I'll forget all about you which will be the easiest thing I've done in decades.

MikeB80

Reaction score
in the replay did dak ignore a wide open cobb on fourth down and throw it in the ground near zeke also...if so that is a bummer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't bother replying. You just want to continue saying the same senseless thing over and over. You do what you want and be happy and I'll forget all about you which will be the easiest thing I've done in decades.

Yeah, I'll call you out for the hypocrite that you are. Over and over and over again. Because it's 100% accurate.

Please do 'forget about me', so I never have to read your nonsense ever again.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He should have been when he threatened to shoot hotel staff workers.

How many WAS he suspended for? Compared to Gregory and Aldon Smith? What are those numbers next to each other?

GoJacks

Reaction score
How many WAS he suspended for? Compared to Gregory and Aldon Smith? What are those numbers next to each other?
You think Gregory smoking weed is worse than a guy threatening to shoot up a hotel? Gregory is the bad guy between those two? Smith, he's a turd.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think Gregory smoking weed is worse than a guy threatening to shoot up a hotel? Gregory is the bad guy between those two? Smith, he's a turd.

I'm asking a pretty specific question:

Who's actions have gotten them suspended and who hasn't?

GoJacks

Reaction score
Why do you continue to ask the question when everyone knows the answer?

I'm asking you a question. Is Gregory a worse person that Griffen?

Jarntt

Reaction score
What are YOU talking about, he was throwing ducks to the sideline. One got broken up and should have been picked off.

12:45 - that's a throw, on 4th down, a noodle arm throw that got broken up. He sucked in crunch time where this board used to say he was clutch. FAILED.

Clearly you have an issue with Dak because that doesn't make any sense. Guy gets the ball on his own 6 yard line with the game on the line and goes 6-7 for 74 yards until the OC takes the ball out of his hands for some asinine reason You can say he shouldn't have thrown that pass to Zeke (and I'll say it too) but a diving play by a LB in single coverage to barely tip it away is what it was. And he was absolutely clutch on that drive. By you saying he sucked in crunch time just is based on nothing but an obvious dislike for him. He was like a surgeon on that drive. Come on.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Did you watch the game in question? The OL was pretty much dominated on that particular night