Did anyone watch the Cowboys-Vikings replay last night?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I don't get why George Edwards wouldn't be pounding on the table for him. Maybe the price is to extreme but I haven't even heard a rumor about the Cowboys looking at him.

I didn't hear rumors about the Dalton or Cameron Erving signings prior to those happening either.

Given the fact that everyone is separated and no one is meeting in groups, there's no rumors coming out at all. Likely because if something leaks it's pretty easy to know exactly who leaked it.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
What are YOU talking about, he was throwing ducks to the sideline. One got broken up and should have been picked off.

12:45 - that's a throw, on 4th down, a noodle arm throw that got broken up. He sucked in crunch time where this board used to say he was clutch. FAILED.

28-46 397 yards 3 tds. Perfect touchdown passes to Cooper and Cobb. Dak was quacking away all right.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
28-46 397 yards 3 tds. Perfect touchdown passes to Cooper and Cobb. Dak was quacking away all right.

You're moving the goal post, genius. I said final drive (It was actually second the last drive, but he threw ducks on the actual final drive too)

Where was the Cobb and Cooper TD passes on the drive in question? So, that's irrelevant. 4th and 5, he locked onto Elliott who was getting blanketed, didn't scan the field, and threw a soft ball like it had any chance to get there. FAILED.

Proof

Reaction score
Nobody, including me, has said that everyone can't express their opinions. The thing is not everyone or anyone has to agree with them and also have the right to express that too.

youre being weird man. The point is that you’re invalidating people’s thoughts strictly because they’re not professionals. It would be one thing if there was a post like “their draft board is terrible, here’s what I would do”, but just saying “man there’s a free agent out there who would really help the team at a position of need we should look at him” doesn’t require professional experience. And without knowing the inner workings and behind the scenes going ons (especially in these unprecedented times) you can’t really say because a team or teams haven’t done something is because they don’t want to or haven’t considered it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I didn't hear rumors about the Dalton or Cameron Erving signings prior to those happening either.

Given the fact that everyone is separated and no one is meeting in groups, there's no rumors coming out at all. Likely because if something leaks it's pretty easy to know exactly who leaked it.
That's a good point. But I will say to me Griffin is a higher caliber player than both Erving and Dalton.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You're moving the goal post, genius. I said final drive (It was actually second the last drive, but he threw ducks on the actual final drive too)

Where was the Cobb and Cooper TD passes on the drive in question? So, that's irrelevant. 4th and 5, he locked onto Elliott who was getting blanketed, didn't scan the field, and threw a soft ball like it had any chance to get there. FAILED.
How did they move from inside the five yard line all the way down to the Redzone? Daks ducks? Please stop you failed miserably.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Nobody, including me, has said that everyone can't express their opinions. The thing is not everyone or anyone has to agree with them and also have the right to express that too.

Oh I get it. I’m just mocking your hypocritical take.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
How did they move from inside the five yard line all the way down to the Redzone? Daks ducks? Please stop you failed miserably.

They got into the red zone where Dak has consistently sucked. When the field gets smaller, that's when you see the fact he can't drive the ball. HE FAILED.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They got into the red zone where Dak has consistently sucked. When the field gets smaller, that's when you see the fact he can't drive the ball. HE FAILED.
I will give you this. The Vikings bet Dak could not beat them and no matter the stats we lost.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's a good point. But I will say to me Griffin is a higher caliber player than both Erving and Dalton.

Sure, but to me, profile doesn't change the circumstances.

The fact is that people aren't meeting in normal conditions or in large groups to where a leak couldn't be easily identified.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
25 of which they've spent not winning a thing. But yeah, the world needs sheep like you who can't think for themselves. It's how other people are able to take advantage of people like you.

Again let us all know when you become a actual NFL GM.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
youre being weird man. The point is that you’re invalidating people’s thoughts strictly because they’re not professionals. It would be one thing if there was a post like “their draft board is terrible, here’s what I would do”, but just saying “man there’s a free agent out there who would really help the team at a position of need we should look at him” doesn’t require professional experience. And without knowing the inner workings and behind the scenes going ons (especially in these unprecedented times) you can’t really say because a team or teams haven’t done something is because they don’t want to or haven’t considered it.

Again everyone is free to express their opinions but I can't express mine about other's opinions? I see there are two set of rules. One for those for whoever want to express their opinions and one for those that anyone who disagree with those opinions and aren't allowed to express their opinons. Now that i know there are two different sets of rules I ......BS.

BTW, since as you have correctly said that nobody here really knows why or who the Cowboys may or may not be interested in, again it's OK for some to express what they think on that but not OK for other to question that thinking and if they do then they get labeled as a sheep.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry has a long history of getting burned by relying on unreliable players. It's one thing to take a chance on guys like this, and to give them opportunities, that's fine. It's quite another to count on them to do that and not cover yourself for if and when they don't.

I'd go through the list and easily find a place for a proven RDE.
Difficult to argue that one.

Even if they are reinstated, not sure how much can be expected of them.

They do have the kids though...but probably only one of the handful will pan out.

The difference between what you think and what the Jones twins do is that they love Crawford and you think the opposite. He is the fallback, and at 8M, when you can probably get Griffen on a prove it deal at this point....I'm starting to feel your point.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Difficult to argue that one.

Even if they are reinstated, not sure how much can be expected of them.

They do have the kids though...but probably only one of the handful will pan out.

The difference between what you think and what the Jones twins do is that they love Crawford and you think the opposite. He is the fallback, and at 8M, when you can probably get Griffen on a prove it deal at this point....I'm starting to feel your point.

As great as things have gone lately, that $8 million on the cap is clearly a mistake. As much as it was for the same player to cost $10 million last year, coming off of injury, clearly not worth it, and spending the majority of the season hurt again. It's frustrating to see this one mistake among a long list of hits.

Flamma

Reaction score
I checked out some of it and plan to watch it some more today. But in the short time I did watch it, what jumped out to me was the play of current free agent DE Everson Griffen against Tyron Smith. He truly gave our left tackle everything that he could handle, and then some. To be honest, the Vikings front in general outplayed our offensive line. Zeke and the running game ran into a brick wall all night and Minnesota was also able to maintain an excellent pass rush as well.

Watching Griffen perform so well, it reaffirms my beliefs that signing him would be the icing on the cake to a near-perfect offseason. It would solidify the RDE spot and take away the current uncertainty and guesswork at the position.

Free up the money and go sign a true, available, quality RDE.

I also remember them running the ball down our throats out of the I-Formation.

Why do they have to always show replays of recent games? What about some of the great games of the past? I'm talking 70s/80s. Did they lock them away and lose the key? Are we not allowed to watch them?

fivetwos

Reaction score
As great as things have gone lately, that $8 million on the cap is clearly a mistake. As much as it was for the same player to cost $10 million last year, coming off of injury, clearly not worth it, and spending the majority of the season hurt again. It's frustrating to see this one mistake among a long list of hits.
Most teams would make him take a pay cut, and they still may....and IF they are my opinion is that the longer they wait, the better chance they have of him accepting it (no one is giving him 8m in late August)....but that stuff is all moot. Jerry wants to be buddies with the players and wants to be liked.

Crawford at 8M is certainly an example of that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I also remember them running the ball down our throats out of the I-Formation.

Why do they have to always show replays of recent games? What about some of the great games of the past? I'm talking 70s/80s. Did they lock them away and lose the key? Are we not allowed to watch them?

I think it's strictly a ratings thing with NFL Network. Their ratings are probably heavily influenced by casuals who would rather watch recent instead of great.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most teams would make him take a pay cut, and they still may....and IF they are my opinion is that the longer they wait, the better chance they have of him accepting it (no one is giving him 8m in late August)....but that stuff is all moot. Jerry wants to be buddies with the players and wants to be liked.

Crawford at 8M is certainly an example of that.

As well as the fixation on 'intangible' vs tangible results.

Oh, he's a 'leader' and he 'tries really, really hard'. Vs the fact that on gameday the guy does nothing.

fivetwos

Reaction score
As far as this Vikings game....much like the Bears game w Trubisky running all over the place when he never did, when Driskel had some success doing so the week prior...

.....Zimmer fully knew we do what we do and would never adjust.

When you have a fairly good idea of what's coming and what isnt, that's a huge advantage.

I'm surprised that game was as close as it was.

The fair catch was the second most frustrating play in recent memory, behind only when they decided to not play defense at ALL at the end of the half vs KC a couple years ago.