Did Cowboys get screwed with 3rd seed?

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Pros -
-49ers could be tired.
-We wouldn't go to lambeu in the divisional round if we won.
-Packers in all likelihood now have to face cards or rams round 2 which makes It tougher on them in my opinion (I think they'd handle TB easily).
-We don't have to face a mobile qb most likely the entire playoffs.
- We don't have to see a stupid 9-0 kyler Murray tweet if he beat us again. :D

Cons -
-49ers are hot.
-Round 2 matchup is in Tampa against Brady (who gets every call).

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wrong

Arizona is the bad matchup with the mobile qb

If we can maintain the run we will win this game
But that’s the problem . We were gashed against run with the bench in Phil.

SF running game and defense causes bad matchups for us.

bewp7

Reaction score
if the cowboys cant beat the 49ers then who cares lol

no need to worry about brady or rodgers and lambeau or any thing else with match ups

foofighters

Reaction score
At first look moving up to 3rd seed seemed good since we don’t have to go to Lambeau in Divisional round .

But have we also drawn a tougher matchup in WC round ?

I’m thinking we’d rather have played Cards again than a hot 49er team.

Thoughts??
Winners don’t complain about the draw. They just play to what’s in front of them.

Aven8

Reaction score
We should beat them honestly.

Our pass rush with no Godwin or AB is huge.

What I don’t like is both team have weak secondaries and it’s on #4 to expose it.

I agree. They are hurting and I don’t know when Fournette will be back. Parsons didn’t make any plays in that game either. I’m not sure he rushed at all. We just have to get past Bosa and Deebo to get there

endersdragon

Reaction score
Pros -
-49ers could be tired.
-We wouldn't go to lambeu in the divisional round if we won.
-Packers in all likelihood now have to face cards or rams round 2 which makes It tougher on them in my opinion (I think they'd handle TB easily).
-We don't have to face a mobile qb most likely the entire playoffs.

Cons -
-49ers are hot.
-Round 2 matchup is in Tampa against Brady (who gets every call).
Pro to the con: Rodgers also gets every call and is looking a lot better this year

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree. They are hurting and I don’t know when Fournette will be back. Parsons didn’t make any plays in that game either. I’m not sure he rushed at all. We just have to get past Bosa and Deebo to get there

Fournette should be back. I forgot about him. He’s a difference maker.

Croomraider

Reaction score
We win, eagles win (which brady is infamously terrible against NFC East in the post season) then we get a home game in the divisional round.
Pretty good deal for us. I don't mind an at Tampa rematch either.

I sure didn't want to get 4 seed and play Cards/Rams then @ Green Bay in the snow.
Could have been wayyyy worst.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yea, I like our chances better in Tampa than Green Bay too. But this first game is of concern. I felt much better with rematch of Cards.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Pro to the con: Rodgers also gets every call and is looking a lot better this year

Oh I agree, my pros were to our seeding. I think there is more good than bad being the 3 seed.

One other thing though, I don't think playing in TB their would be any conspiracy. As juicy as the Brady vs Rodgers matchup would be. Mccarthy going back to GB would be equally as fun to watch.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Oh I agree, my pros were to our seeding. I think there is more good than bad being the 3 seed.

One other thing though, I don't think playing in TB their would be any conspiracy. As juicy as the Brady vs Rodgers matchup would be. Mccarthy going back to GB would be equally as fun to watch.
I am hoping the Eagles beat both of them, then we beat the Eagles to go to the Super Bowl :-D

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At first look moving up to 3rd seed seemed good since we don’t have to go to Lambeau in Divisional round .

But have we also drawn a tougher matchup in WC round ?

I’m thinking we’d rather have played Cards again than a hot 49er team.

Thoughts??

No.

I would prefer facing Jimmy G.

Aven8

Reaction score
Fournette should be back. I forgot about him. He’s a difference maker.

They are a lot like us and have been beating up on crappy teams. I’m not sure how they had such an easy schedule? Whatever it is just win.

I just get the feeling of Mike going back to Lambeau for all the marbles.