Did Dak Regress?

Greasylake17

Reaction score
And we still got 100 yard rushers that aren’t Zeke with this OL.. Dak guy sacked in the 20s last year, while Romo got sacked regularly in the 30s...

Look Morris has been very solid for us. But come on ,we all know without Zeke you lack that Home run take it to the house big play. Trust me it makes a difference. Zeke keeps def coordinators up at night Alfred Morris dosent. ( NOT A KNOCK ON MORRIS )

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The way people here annointed him a superstar hall of famer, of course he regressed. Teams figured him out. DAK has a long long way to go if he wants to be great im this league. I was never so high on him, i loved his poise and he was very very impressive as a young man. That I loved, but i was never ever comparing him to Tom Brady. It drove me crazy to read all the posts about him being a top 3 QB. DAK is a game manager, system QB. If other facets of the offense is not working well most likely the offense wont be succesful. Now with that being said not saying we cant win with him. We can but only if other things go well. With that being said I just hope i dont have to read another post about him being better than Tom Brady as of just the start of the offseason
I don't remember anyone comparing him to Brady.

khiladi

Reaction score
Look Morris has been very solid for us. But come on ,we all know without Zeke you lack that Home run take it to the house big play. Trust me it makes a difference. Zeke keeps def coordinators up at night Alfred Morris dosent. ( NOT A KNOCK ON MORRIS )

No doubt, my point was to simply emphasize Dak as this OL that can block for him and a credible running game even with Zeke to back him up..

Greasylake17

Reaction score
I don't remember anyone comparing him to Brady.

Well you didnt read this site last year. I read everyday how TODAY he is better than Brady. How for sure he is a top 5 QB. I can go on and on ..... its funny because those same people who are now saying come on give him a break he was a 4th rd pick.... You cant have it both ways. For the record this is not for everyone so please dont kill me every post. Im just making a point that most people who know how to.keep things in prespective will agree wirh me

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
His accuracy has gone in the toilet this year. Analysis has pointed out bad footwork. Dak has admitted he spent more time on other issues then his passing mechanics.

It's hard to work on that stuff during the season with how gameplans are practiced and opponents are prepared for are the weekly priority.

I suspect he will get back to basics and have learned his lesson.

conner01

Reaction score
All of the above.
A bit of it all. Happens to many a second year player. One thing it seems like he is trying more to get dez the ball rather than just finding a open receiver. So many of the plays to dez are really low percentage stuff. Too many 50/50 jump balls

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
There were quite a few anointing him as the next Brady..
I saw a lot of that last year ofcouse they said this team had the best draft ever last year and we would compete for the next decade and the next year we are 6 and 6 and going to be home for the playoffs so there is that

shabazz

Reaction score
Well you didnt read this site last year. I read everyday how TODAY he is better than Brady. How for sure he is a top 5 QB. I can go on and on ..... its funny because those same people who are now saying come on give him a break he was a 4th rd pick.... You cant have it both ways. For the record this is not for everyone so please dont kill me every post. Im just making a point that most people who know how to.keep things in prespective will agree wirh me

Your dead right on the Brady comparison thing. It was Rampant on this site. It all boils down to the Never-Romo bunch trying to save face in spite of dreadful performances from the Anointed One. I cant say it hasn't been fun watching the wrath of Karma being brought to bear. But alas its time to move on from the Messiah and find us a real Franchise QB.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
it defies logic that zeke's absence is not the main reason for dak's struggle.
Prescott without Elliott
before Elliott's suspension (Elliot not in the game, 2016-17)
131 of 215 (61%) 1574 yd 7.3 ypa 10 td 2 int 95.0
during Elliott's suspension
68 of 110 (62%) 593 yd 5.4 ypa 2 td 5 int 63.2

215 attempts is more than half a season's worth of attempts.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Prescott without Elliott
before Elliott's suspension (Elliot not in the game, 2016-17)
131 of 215 (61%) 1574 yd 7.3 ypa 10 td 2 int 95.0
during Elliott's suspension
68 of 110 (62%) 593 yd 5.4 ypa 2 td 5 int 63.2

215 attempts is about 11 games worth of attempts.

i am sure the stats back up your statement.
however, these do not incorporate the types of defense used that could drastically affect dak's numbers.
for example, without zeke, the defense may not put 8 in a box.
with the extra pass defender, beas may be doubled.
and there could be an extra bump on dez.
or they may play a different formation.

i suspect other teams' coaches adjust more than our coaches do.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
without zeke, the defense may not put 8 in a box....with the extra pass defender, beas may be doubled....and there could be an extra bump on dez....or they may play a different formation.
All those things would tend to lower a passer rating.

natedoug

Reaction score
Last edited:

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
isnt that what the stats are saying?
Those stats remove all plays when Elliott was not on the field -- both before and after the suspension was handed down. Dak's rating (without Zeke on the field) prior to the Atlanta game was 32 points higher than it has been since (without Zeke on the field).

waldoputty

Reaction score
Those stats remove all plays when Elliott was not on the field -- both before and after the suspension was handed down. Dak's rating (without Zeke on the field) prior to the Atlanta game was 32 points higher than it has been since (without Zeke on the field).

i am confused. how is it possible there was any stats when zeke was suspended?

dallasdave

Reaction score
i am sure the stats back up your statement.
however, these do not incorporate the types of defense used that could drastically affect dak's numbers.
for example, without zeke, the defense may not put 8 in a box.
with the extra pass defender, beas may be doubled.
and there could be an extra bump on dez.
or they may play a different formation.

i suspect other teams' coaches adjust more than our coaches do.
Yeah our coaches don't even make adustments at halftime.