Did Dalton play himself into a starter contract?

Motorola

Reaction score
I can see him going somewhere like Denver, where they have a lot of weapons and a good defense.

He would be a good stop-gap til they can find a franchise QB.

New England might be an option as well, but they need to add a few WRs or the Colts if Rivers retires.
The Broncos and the Patriots are the only teams I see where Dalton could be considered for the starting QB. I had the Bears too- but if Trubisky gets the Bears into the playoffs, they could offer him a second contract.

Motorola

Reaction score
Bingo!!! a quick survey around the league will show there's NOT a lot of teams desperately looking for starting QB. So I'm so sure there will be that many openings and certainly not enough to say Dalton will be an upgrade. I can see him resigning for another year......
If fans would just pull up the NFL standings and go division by division, they would see the demand for Dalton as a starter will be very low.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Andy Dalton seems to be on a good streak this Kellen gun offense and 3 game win streak ,, seem like he's gain great confidence and rhythm en route to big plays in pass game

this could make him look more attractive in the FA market .. teams like the Pats, ..or Washington that could have really used him

His age (33 yrs) will be something going against him long term. but i could see Pats signing him as a stopgap starter until a a grooming young buck draftee is ready to take the wheels

He's like a Ryan Fitzpatrick

:D
I guess we are the only ones who know Dalton just plain sucked against average teams and has looked average against 3 teams that are 4-10....yeah, keep it quiet don't tell NFL FO people, because they don't know this stuff.....

Proof

Reaction score
he can read a defense unlike the other guy and knows he has to get the ball out fast because of the weak offensive line. Being able to read the defense is what we've been missing with the other guy. When the offensive line was missing one guy, read that again, one guy, everybody blamed the offensive line. Let that slow reader play behind this line and he would have been in shell shock again like a few year back against Atlanta.

You have my least favorite posts on any message board I’ve visited dating back to AIM chat rooms in high school. Nice work

quickccc

Reaction score
I guess we are the only ones who know Dalton just plain sucked against average teams and has looked average against 3 teams that are 4-10....yeah, keep it quiet don't tell NFL FO people, because they don't know this stuff.....

average teams are not you take what successful productivity you can get from your backups - and how did he average out vs other team's backup QBs ?

csirl

Reaction score
The uncomfortable truth is that when free agency opens in March, Dalton will get more interest than Dak. Why?

1. Dak has a lower value until he can pass a physical and show his injury has no lasting impact.

2. Dalton has more realistic salary expectations.

3. Dalton is willing to be an interim starter or veteran backup.

Motorola

Reaction score
I’m not allowed to say. He’s under contract and if I said who was interested then that’d be tampering.
You can mention the parties here....NFL headquarters won't find out.
Everyone at CZ hates Goodell.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak isn’t better than Dalton... Dak is a one trick pony, play-action QB that goes garbage when he has to go to his second-read...

Dalton isn’t throwing INTs of fumbling the ball and he’s scoring TDs when the games are actually competitive, unlike stat-padder Dak.

Dak has been below average as a QB in the last four minutes. Nothing is changing...

khiladi

Reaction score
Again, the Jones got all the negotiating leverage. Jerry came out and said Dak’s stats are in garbage time. Stephen basically recognized the OL was make-shift and had no consistency when Andy first started, but since they ‘settled’ Andy is doing his thing.

I think he’s done a great job especially when you look at the challenges we’ve had there in our offensive line. They’re getting better every week. It’s nice to play with the same group of guys that are out there week in and week out. As we all know, we’re probably down to our fifth and sixth tackles when you consider Zack [Martin] was probably our fourth option. But [Terence] Steele and [Brandon] Knight are hanging in there. They’re going to work and fighting. And Connor McGovern stepped up. Connor Williams, and certainly [Tyler] Biadasz is going to be working in there with [Joe] Looney. So, it’s good to have a group up there. I think as we’ve gotten better certainly Andy is getting more confidence. We’re protecting the ball well. We’re not turning it over.”

This was after SF.. Imagine then after the Eagles..

- Stephen Jones

J817

Reaction score
Dak isn’t better than Dalton... Dak is a one trick pony, play-action QB that goes garbage when he has to go to his second-read...

Dalton isn’t throwing INTs of fumbling the ball and he’s scoring TDs when the games are actually competitive, unlike stat-padder Dak.

Dak has been below average as a QB in the last four minutes. Nothing is changing...

Did Dak hit on a girl you liked or something? Maybe you were at a bar and was about to talk to someone and Dak just jumped in between both of you? I’ve heard of Daks “texting” skills with the ladies. I get it. He’s aggressive.

khiladi

Reaction score
Kellen Moore also called Andy Dalton a starting QB, just this week. Not looking good for all these Dak-stans trying so hard to redeem their boy, after talking so much trash when the OL was a sieve a few weeks and they were telling us about how Dak was carrying this offense. Now the excuse is Dalton is beating losers, while Dak hasn’t even sniffed the hot mess at OL that Dalton has and can’t beat good teams, even when he has Frederick, Smith, Martin and Collins in the line-up, guys he’s played multiple years with.

Dalton hasn’t even played with Martin a full game and DeNucci almost won a game with Martin in the line-up. And Dak had Martin every single game this year.

J817

Reaction score
Kellen Moore also called Andy Dalton a starting QB, just this week. Not looking good for all these Dak-stans trying so hard to redeem their boy, after talking so much trash when the OL was a sieve a few weeks and they were telling us about how Dak was carrying this offense. Now the excuse is Dalton is beating losers, while Dak hasn’t even sniffed the hot mess at OL that Dalton has and can’t beat good teams, even when he has Frederick, Smith, Martin and Collins in the line-up, guys he’s played multiple years with.

Dalton hasn’t even played with Martin a full game and DeNucci almost won a game with Martin in the line-up. And Dak had Martin every single game this year.

So do you think Ben DeNucci is better than Dak to?