Did Jarwin block Bobby Wagner in the back on Dak's 3rd and 14 run?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Wagner just made a business decision and a poor effort. Dak had no business picking up the first down on that play, but he did...because of poor defense, not because he made a great play.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No. Wagner just beat him to the spot but got a bit off-balanced avoiding Jarwin while trying to hit Dak. I always check for the player's reaction and Wagner did not react like a player who was fouled.

Yeah, I’ve watched it 100 times now and I don’t think it was a foul; good non-call.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
If you look directly past Dak from Wagner's perspective, you see one of his teammates coming from the other direction. I think Wagner let up to avoid the collision.
That only explains why he hesitated though. The fact that he was able to let up means he hadn't lost his balance from being blocked in the back by Jarwin.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That only explains why he hesitated though. The fact that he was able to let up means he hadn't lost his balance from being blocked in the back by Jarwin.

It wasn't really a block in the back, it was more of a brush as he moved past Jarwin. Jarwin's help to the play was only in holding Wagner up briefly and affecting the direction Wagner had to go to get around him.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Wagner just made a business decision and a poor effort. Dak had no business picking up the first down on that play, but he did...because of poor defense, not because he made a great play.
Wagner made it his business to avoid a possible injury, and Dak made it his business to get the first down at all costs.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
It wasn't really a block in the back, it was more of a brush as he moved past Jarwin. Jarwin's help to the play was only in holding Wagner up briefly and affecting the direction Wagner had to go to get around him.
Right, the reason he hadn't lost his balance from being blocked in the back by Jarwin is...he wasn't blocked in the back by Jarwin.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

lol - he broke tackles and helped cause misses, and of course was damned determined, so while Seattle could have played it better, that doesn't change the fact Dak made a great play. To say otherwise is to say there are no great plays because all of them you can look at with hindsight and find things the defense could have done better.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not in the back, but from the side of the shoulder....and I was saying it may have been a combination of a slight shove and avoiding the collision with his teammate.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Here is the video.
Is this really a block in the back?

No, but it was holding, which is what they called. Now, it wasn't blatant holding like was missed throughout the game, but he did grab the defender's jersey and tug it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just looked at the replay amazed that Dak got by Wagner. I think it might have been because Jarwin blocked Wagner in the back. What say you?

Go to the 6 minute mark in the video, which shows multiple replays of the play.

Just curious, because it would have been a game changer if they would've called the penalty.
yes, and then he pulled him down.
:muttley:
Too bad, Seattle

Both teams got away with a ton of holds in that game. That was one of them.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
There was one shot, IIRC, of him with a tiny bit of jersey between his thumb and forefinger. Not nearly enough to affect the defender, and shouldn't have been called.

I don't agree that it didn't affect the defender. It kept him from getting away from Goodson until Goodson was able to switch back to blocking and knock him to the ground.

DEMFAN

Reaction score
Just looked at the replay amazed that Dak got by Wagner. I think it might have been because Jarwin blocked Wagner in the back. What say you?

Go to the 6 minute mark in the video, which shows multiple replays of the play.

Just curious, because it would have been a game changer if they would've called the penalty.
Was it called?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't agree that it didn't affect the defender. It kept him from getting away from Goodson until Goodson was able to switch back to blocking and knock him to the ground.
I didn't see it that way, but I didn't really replay that part, so I won't swear to being certain.

cern

Reaction score
we beat up their defense with our rushing attack. they were gassed. dak was inspired. hawks defense, wagner included, was uninspired.