Did Parcells Ruin Romo?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
IF i heard correctly it was illegal to for the DL to "stunt" yet almost every pass play, the AFC DL was Stunting, so tell me, how the hell was Romo to do anything, when he couldnt even figure out who was gonna be blocked?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The stupidity of this thread has already reached legendary status in my opinion.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
zrinkill;1373239 said:

yea, zrin. you know when someone is just blithering/fishing for reaction cause they say something that redefines the boundaries of stupidity.

like this.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1373355 said:
The stupidity of this thread has already reached legendary status in my opinion.

too bad ya'll have a rule that says you can't call people the proper adjective for how they act/post sometimes. : )

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
iceberg;1373371 said:
yea, zrin. you know when someone is just blithering/fishing for reaction cause they say something that redefines the boundaries of stupidity.

like this.

:laugh2: you got me ......

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Fernando Fernandez;1373223 said:
It was the FIRST time in the history of the Pro Bowl that a QB had ben booed. How sad!

Seriously thought how do you know that kinda stuff. You seem like a cowboys hater in every post i have ever read.

Try extremeskins.com for ideas.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Am I the only one who saw the Pro Bowl, and thought, "Gosh, Tony looks BAD!"

He looked so flustered out there, I was embarasssed.

He couldn't seem to make up his mind when to throw the ball (ie. Bledsoe).

His throws seemed to be forced (ie. Bledsoe).

Was it the fact he had to learn a new playbook in a week or is he "RUINED" from all th "tough love" that the Tuna dished out to him everyday at practice and on gameday?

It was hard to listen to the fans booing Romo in the third quarter.
It was the FIRST time in the history of the Pro Bowl that a QB had ben booed. How sad!

Darn you, Parcells!

Yeah he ruin him last year, but it's a whole new coaching staff and we're going to have Jason Garrett helping him develop which will be vital to how Tony Romo could perform on a consistent basis.

I feel like Tony Romo have been looking like Drew Bledsoe but hesitating to get the ball out. I believe he needs to stop thinking to much and get the ball out.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score

Was it the fact he had to learn a new playbook in a week or is he "RUINED" from all th "tough love" that the Tuna dished out to him everyday at practice and on gameday?

Darn you, Parcells!
Eating a lot of paste or living under power lines?

Flourescent lights maybe like Joe versus the Volcano?

Could be a number of things. I got my money on you eating a lot of paste as a kid.

LittleRed212

Reaction score
As one poster said, I was watching the game and knowing for a fact that certain people in here would start talking about Romo's demise, how overrated he is/was, or how he's "ruined." So predictable.

Over and over again, we say it's the Pro Bowl! You can't make assumptions like this after the PRO BOWL!

Just step away from the computer...please.

Kilyin

Reaction score
I'm just glad Romo didn't dislocate his elbow like Drew Brees. The AFC was not only stunting, they were blitzing. Both are illegal in the Flag Football Bowl. The refs only called it a couple of times. None of the NFC QBs played well.

DizzG

Reaction score
Fernando Fernandez;1373265 said:
I just wanted to see the "OLD" Tony.

The one who made all those incredible throws.

The one who seldom fumbled the ball.

The one who escaped many sacks only complete a miraculous pass downfield .

The one who had announcers raving about how cool and poised he was under center.

The one that didn't throw many incomplete passes.

The one we could count on to drive the team downfield to get the winning score.

The one who beat the world champion Indianapolis Colts!

He still seemed to be in that Parcells December "FUNK".

Good God Man... IT WAS THE FREAKIN PRO BOWL

a joke of a game that doesnt mean jack. not even the biggest of worry worts give a crap about how players do in those games

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
woodchuck.jpeg

Fernando Fernandez

Reaction score
theebs;1373270 said:
LOL

I was watching the pro bowl yesterday wondering who and how many threads we would have today saying romo sucks and we should cut him etc...

well this is two.

I bet by the end of the week we will have at least 10 threads and two pro articles about why he sucks based on the pro bowl.

Pretty hillarious. I look forward to more.

I hope you are not implying that about my post about Romo's performance in the Pro Bowl...if you are, can I interest you in oceanfront property in Arizona?

some people (shakes head in disgust)

HappySpermWhale

Reaction score

Darn you, Parcells!

Parcells didn't ruin Romo - He just made a bad decision in benching a seasoned veteran for an undrafted, inexperienced young player. Romo ruinied Romo - he was given a chance on the national stage to be the leader of one of the premier franchises in all professional sports and blew it - dating celebrities, buddying up with TO, making stupid mistake after stupid mistake....all culminating in the field goal debacle to end the seahawk game.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm not going to go overboard and say Romo is not the franchise, but he's got a lot to improve on this offseason, and if he doesn't then we will be up the creek.

Hunter71

Reaction score

Darn you, Parcells!

It's so aggravating when people have no friggin clue about what they're talking about and unfortunately have access to computers and the Internet...

Never mind the fact that he was working with new players, new schemes, 1 week of practice, a porous offensive line...

BUT, he still managed to put together 2 drives and tie the game...

Unreal...

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
HappySpermWhale;1373757 said:
Parcells didn't ruin Romo - He just made a bad decision in benching a seasoned veteran for an undrafted, inexperienced young player. Romo ruinied Romo - he was given a chance on the national stage to be the leader of one of the premier franchises in all professional sports and blew it - dating celebrities, buddying up with TO, making stupid mistake after stupid mistake....all culminating in the field goal debacle to end the seahawk game.

So you think Bledsoe would've gotten us to the playoffs?

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
The boos were most like because Romo really didn't deserve to be at the pro bowl. It is not likely they were booing at his performance, just his presence.

After he made the pro bowl, he really embarassed himself with his play. Just a bad sitaution for him, it woudl have been better for him if he hadn't made it.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1373805 said:
The boos were most like because Romo really didn't deserve to be at the pro bowl. It is not likely they were booing at his performance, just his presence.

After he made the pro bowl, he really embarassed himself with his play. Just a bad sitaution for him, it woudl have been better for him if he hadn't made it.

He woulda looked like a real quitter then. I don't see why he didn't deserve to be there he almost singlehandedly changed the Cowboys season, and other than Brees there weren't too many elite QB's in the NFC.

DizzG

Reaction score
HappySpermWhale;1373757 said:

that may be the dumbest thing I have read in here. you think Bledsoe should have remained the starter after what Romo did? you think Dallas makes the playoffs without starting Romo? and what in the world is wrong with him being friends with TO? yeah...how dare he!!!