Did Parcells Ruin Romo?

Hunter71

Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1373805 said:
The boos were most like because Romo really didn't deserve to be at the pro bowl. It is not likely they were booing at his performance, just his presence.

After he made the pro bowl, he really embarassed himself with his play. Just a bad sitaution for him, it woudl have been better for him if he hadn't made it.

I can't believe you wrote this...

So you actually think they were booing his presence when everyone else seems to think they were booing his performance...

Interesting...The booing didn't start when he got on the field but rather when he had played a couple series...

Therefore, your point is BS...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyBlog;1373805 said:
The boos were most like because Romo really didn't deserve to be at the pro bowl. It is not likely they were booing at his performance, just his presence.

After he made the pro bowl, he really embarassed himself with his play. Just a bad sitaution for him, it woudl have been better for him if he hadn't made it.

This post =
dork.gif

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
Romo has been booed in three of the last four games he has played in. The other game left him sitting on the field crying like a baby after he cost his team the game.

Call me whatever you want, but make sure you call me the one who predicted his poor performance during October 2006.

Thanks for reading.

Hunter71

Reaction score
HappySpermWhale;1373757 said:
Parcells didn't ruin Romo - He just made a bad decision in benching a seasoned veteran for an undrafted, inexperienced young player. Romo ruinied Romo - he was given a chance on the national stage to be the leader of one of the premier franchises in all professional sports and blew it - dating celebrities, buddying up with TO, making stupid mistake after stupid mistake....all culminating in the field goal debacle to end the seahawk game.

Yeah...

Buddying up with your star receiver...

Shame on him for being a team guy...

I wonder what you were thinking during the 4 game winning streak?...

You were probably sitting a bar somewhere, drinking a Zima and telling anyone who would listen (all of one person, your brother) "See, I told you he should have replaced Bledsoe earlier"...

Now, it's the "cool" thing to do to rip Romo for some of his play...

If it wasn't for him, Rocket, we wouldn't have been in the playoffs...

Because that "inexperienced" QB you're ripping on, was one of the best QB's in the league for a good period of time...

Kind of hard to get any kind of rythm going on offense when other teams are repeatedly driving the length of the field and our defense is giving up 150 points in December...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
HappySpermWhale;1373757 said:
Parcells didn't ruin Romo - He just made a bad decision in benching a seasoned veteran for an undrafted, inexperienced young player. Romo ruinied Romo - he was given a chance on the national stage to be the leader of one of the premier franchises in all professional sports and blew it - dating celebrities, buddying up with TO, making stupid mistake after stupid mistake....all culminating in the field goal debacle to end the seahawk game.

Seriously, are you Drew? Dude, all you had to do was ask and I'm sure Romo would've hooked you up with a celebrities sister or something. A Mom for sure.
Are you still stewing over his birthday party?

I was a Drew supporter. He's done. It is his own doing and the blame sits squarely atop his shoulders. If you want to include a stupid mistake reference, Bledsoe is a terrific example.

HappySpermWhale

Reaction score
SuperCows5Xs;1373800 said:
So you think Bledsoe would've gotten us to the playoffs?

Yes I think he would have turned it around, especially with the 'soft' part of the schedule on the horizon that Romo benefitted from.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
Message Board Romo fans seem to forget how bad he played in the last few games of the season.

Sure, if you dont want to base the evaluation on romo being booed at the pro bowl, how do you account for him being booed at Texas Stadium?

The clock struck midnight on the kid.

Seven

Reaction score
HappySpermWhale;1373835 said:
Yes I think he would have turned it around, especially with the 'soft' part of the schedule on the horizon that Romo benefitted from.

:eek: Uh-oh...............The official black hole topic.

HappySpermWhale

Reaction score
Hunter71;1373828 said:
Yeah...

Buddying up with your star receiver...

Shame on him for being a team guy...

I wonder what you were thinking during the 4 game winning streak?...

You were probably sitting a bar somewhere, drinking a Zima and telling anyone who would listen (all of one person, your brother) "See, I told you he should have replaced Bledsoe earlier"...

Now, it's the "cool" thing to do to rip Romo for some of his play...

If it wasn't for him, Rocket, we wouldn't have been in the playoffs...

Because that "inexperienced" QB you're ripping on, was one of the best QB's in the league for a good period of time...

Kind of hard to get any kind of rythm going on offense when other teams are repeatedly driving the length of the field and our defense is giving up 150 points in December...

What I was thinking during the four game win streak - What is Tony Romo doing against these bad teams that Bledsoe couldn't ?

Hunter71

Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1373825 said:
Romo has been booed in three of the last four games he has played in. The other game left him sitting on the field crying like a baby after he cost his team the game.

Call me whatever you want, but make sure you call me the one who predicted his poor performance during October 2006.

Thanks for reading.

Yeah...

OK...

You mean the "other game" being the playoffs that he got us to?...

I guess the fact that you admitted to his poor performance back in October 2006 proves what a boob you are...

That's right when he went 5-1 and was the highest rated QB in the league...

So I guess that means your predictions are about as accurate and moronic as your comments tonight...

What you're really too ignorant to understand is that we gave up 150 points in December and it's kind of hard to win many games when your offense is on the sidelines...

Even with that, we still had a shot at winning the division...

But, Nostradamus, I guess you know all of this because you predicted his "poor play" before he became the highest rated QB in the league, back in October...

Boob...

Seven

Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1373838 said:
Message Board Romo fans seem to forget how bad he played in the last few games of the season.

Sure, if you dont want to base the evaluation on romo being booed at the pro bowl, how do you account for him being booed at Texas Stadium?

How do you say there, tough guy. Listen fruity, how do you account for the games he played well? How's about the games he won single-handedly? How's about his confidence and leadership?
Go ahead, shoot me some informaton.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HappySpermWhale;1373847 said:
What I was thinking during the four game win streak - What is Tony Romo doing against these bad teams that Bledsoe couldn't ?

Easy answer...

Bledsoe's QB rating last season = 69

Romo's QB rating last season = 95

Just so you know the bigger number is better.

In this case much better.

Hunter71

Reaction score
HappySpermWhale;1373847 said:

Oh...

You mean one of the teams being the eventual SB Champs...

And another being the Giants IN the Meadowlands...

You really are a moron if you seriously think Bledsoe could have done any better...

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
HappySpermWhale;1373835 said:

I think you have forgotten how bad Bledsoe was a the point of his exit he was an absolute sculpture of solid top heavy granite, Romo provided a emotional and psychological spark to the entire team, they absolutely would not have beaten the Colts or made the playoffs without him. Was he great the whole time. No. But they were getting nowhere fast with Bledsoe and they needed to find out what they had in Romo to be able to decide about drafting a QB.

I personally am for giving him another year maybe, maybe 2 depending on what he does this year. If he fades after T-giving this coming year then I think it's time to go to the draft, and they should stop bringing in these washed up QB's to try to make a quick fix out of it because it just sets them back even more.

You really oughta change that name, it just don't sound to good, anyway my friendly advice.

Seven

Reaction score
SuperCows5Xs;1373859 said:
You really oughta change that name, it just don't sound to good, anyway my friendly advice.

Yeah. Drop the "whale" part..................:eek:

DizzG

Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1373838 said:

do you realize how dumb this crap sounds?

Fernando Fernandez

Reaction score
my topic has inspired so many points of view!

This is what it's all about.

Congrats to the BRAVE ones, who are speaking their mind no matter if it is the "unpopular" opinion.

keep em coming!

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
Hunter71;1373851 said:
Yeah...

OK...

You mean the "other game" being the playoffs that he got us to?...

I guess the fact that you admitted to his poor performance back in October 2006 proves what a boob you are...

That's right when he went 5-1 and was the highest rated QB in the league...

So I guess that means your predictions are about as accurate and moronic as your comments tonight...

What you're really too ignorant to understand is that we gave up 150 points in December and it's kind of hard to win many games when your offense is on the sidelines...

Even with that, we still had a shot at winning the division...

But, Nostradamus, I guess you know all of this because you predicted his "poor play" before he became the highest rated QB in the league, back in October...

Boob...

I predicted his crash and burn at least 3 months before he was laying on the field crying after he pulled off the biggest choke in decades in the NFL.

I'm not even going to get into the games he won 'single handidly' . I was to busy watching four fumble games.

The clock struck midnight on the kid, just like I predicted. I also predicted Parcells departure.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1373873 said:
I predicted his crash and burn at least 3 months before he was laying on the field crying after he pulled off the biggest choke in decades in the NFL.

I'm not even going to get into the games he won 'single handidly' . I was to busy watching four fumble games.

The clock struck midnight on the kid, just like I predicted. I also predicted Parcells departure.

Got any new predictions prophet?:lmao2: