Did Washington help Bland score that TD?

Havic

Reaction score
So now we know: It only takes one person to start a baseless conspiracy theory.
When you realize that when the league testified in front of Congress, they stated it was an entertainment league, not a sports league. That is part of the reason that door is open, and it opens a bit further with sports betting.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It actually looked like number 17 should have made the tackle, but number 8 prevented that with his poor play. Remember, these aren't defenders trying to run down Bland. Number 8 overran the play by a bit. This is not uncommon in the NFL. He tried to compensate and slammed into #17. I think he may have been tripped up a bit too.
The QB could have did something I know you don't want him to but hey

plymkr

Reaction score
OK, when Bland picked it off, at full speed.... be honest, all of us thought the pick 6 was possible! No problem with Nantz stating the possibility... "if he gets in the endzone" Then, I saw the defenders on screen, and realized it probably wasn't happening. Yet, somehow 2 sidesteps to avoid defenders, with a collision between defenders, it became a reality. I don't think the play was rigged.

On another note, for the endzone celebration, did anyone else notice Makuamu and other players crowning Bland as presumably DPOY, right then and there???
Yes I did see that. I didn’t know which player did it but I saw the crowning gesture. I thought that was cool. The whole moment with Bland in the kettle and the team surrounding him was spectacular. We got a close knit group of guys that care about each other.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It did have a touch of the Bret Favre about it!

I also felt the commentator saying "history being made" about 50 yards out and I was thinking really, bit early for that.
What? Jim Nance said "this is for history if he can make it" or something to that effect. And the way Bland picked that pass off at full speed going the other way, how was it too early to expect him to score?

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
What? Jim Nance said "this is for history if he can make it" or something to that effect. And the way Bland picked that pass off at full speed going the other way, how was it too early to expect him to score?
He did say that, but there was a pause before "if".

It was full speed but he was at his own 36. Maybe I was judging him on my own old man speed but I didn't think it was a sure thing.....until it was.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When you realize that when the league testified in front of Congress, they stated it was an entertainment league, not a sports league. That is part of the reason that door is open, and it opens a bit further with sports betting.
I'm aware that they labeled it entertainment. But (and understand that I'm not a lawyer, so this is just what seems like common sense to me) it seems like, when they legalized gambling on the NFL, they opened themselves up to individual and class action lawsuits, if they were to intentionally affect the outcomes of games in any way.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Not trying to be doom and gloom, but in a MEANINGFUL situation during the game, does number 8 make that play, and not magically get tripped up with his teammate?
Glad you brought this up.

I thought their effort was half-hearted, ala, Brett Favre's gift sack for Michael Strahan to break the single-season sack record.

It doesn't matter, though. Another record for the Cowboys.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I'm aware that they labeled it entertainment. But (and understand that I'm not a lawyer, so this is just what seems like common sense to me) it seems like, when they legalized gambling on the NFL, they opened themselves up to individual and class action lawsuits, if they were to intentionally affect the outcomes of games in any way.
There is a potential class action suit shaping up right now over the alleged concealing of Burrows' wrist injury.

Queue up the X-Files theme...

Havic

Reaction score
It's not just over / under though, you can literally bet on anything. A pick 6, who gets the first TD, and the list goes on. That Jets player who intentionally avoided Mahomes was telling enough imo.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's not just over / under though, you can literally bet on anything. A pick 6, who gets the first TD, and the list goes on. That Jets player who intentionally avoided Mahomes was telling enough imo.
That's why I said if they were to affect the outcomes "in any way".

EGTuna

Reaction score
Now I've seen a lot of -/:;4$&. Angel dust. Switchblades. Se—my perverse photography exibits involving tennis rackets. But this Robinson letting Bland score thing…guess that's more on Pauline's wavelength. Well, we're gonna just write off today. And on Friday she can hold her little "love-in" or... whatever.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Its definitely not a conspiracy but it just seemed impossible that he would make it all the way based on who was in front of him. yet he made it……… thankfully!

I was shocked
We've seen this type of thing plenty over the years. Offensive players aren't usually great at defense. Bland made a couple of deceptively good moves and it faked those guys out of their shoes. It's also possible they were worried about running into each other.