Did Washington help Bland score that TD?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When you realize that when the league testified in front of Congress, they stated it was an entertainment league, not a sports league. That is part of the reason that door is open, and it opens a bit further with sports betting.
All sports are always entertainment. And all players for each team equally invested in winning. Has game fixes happened in the past? Yes. It's illegal. Those caught being punished. To get an entire large group to conspire together to the same outcome, that's a lot harder. NFL is not WWE.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Glad you brought this up.

I thought their effort was half-hearted, ala, Brett Favre's gift sack for Michael Strahan to break the single-season sack record.

It doesn't matter, though. Another record for the Cowboys.
Yeah I didn't say anything was wrong I just thought he had a little help that's all

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Really Coogs? Dallas is hated by everyone. Why would the (the name we are forbidden to say) help Dallas break an NFL record? Bland simply made a cut and the 2 dipsticks ran into each other.

What's next, a ninja hiding in a tree is the real person who took out JFK? The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
There's just no way. None of these guys want to be the one who gave up a record setting play. None.
If you rerun that play 10x, 9x they make the tackle. You can't choreograph a juke and then 2 guys running into each other. These are guys who normally play offense asked to tackle...tackle a guy who has some WR in him.

Use Occam's Razor here...

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you rerun that play 10x, 9x they make the tackle. You can't choreograph a juke and then 2 guys running into each other. These are guys who normally play offense asked to tackle...tackle a guy who has some WR in him.

Use Occam's Razor here...
Nature operates in the shortest way possible.

shabazz

Reaction score
We've seen this type of thing plenty over the years. Offensive players aren't usually great at defense. Bland made a couple of deceptively good moves and it faked those guys out of their shoes. It's also possible they were worried about running into each other.
Agree 100% . Just one of those plays where everything had to fall in to place

The thing I'm happiest about is that he broke the record quickly Intead of a situation where he's one behind and the media would ask every week if he expects it to happen.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It actually looked like number 17 should have made the tackle, but number 8 prevented that with his poor play. Remember, these aren't defenders trying to run down Bland. Number 8 overran the play by a bit. This is not uncommon in the NFL. He tried to compensate and slammed into #17. I think he may have been tripped up a bit too.
The lost episode of the Keystone Cops have been found.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you realize that when the league testified in front of Congress, they stated it was an entertainment league, not a sports league. That is part of the reason that door is open, and it opens a bit further with sports betting.
On that note, is sports betting also entertainment?

plymkr

Reaction score
I’m all for conspiracy theories. I believe a lot of them to a certain degree. But if you go back and watch every one of Bland’s pick 6s you will see the same effort by the offensive guys trying to tackle him. Cooper Kupp didn’t even give chase. The QB from the Panthers did exactly what the Commanders did. The Patriots just watched him run it in. The Giants ran towards Bland and looked very similar to the Commanders. So I believe if the Commanders let him have it then you can make the argument that so did the Giants, Patriots, Rams and Panthers. I don’t believe all the teams got together and secretly conspired to let Bland get the record.