Did we ever find out what was going on with CeeDee Lamb to start the game?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Let's try this then......Were you ok with CeeDee's performance? Were you ok with CeeDee's fight in the game? Were you ok with CeeDee on the sidelines? What you think? I'm seriously interested in your thoughts.
Or course not because i know hes capable of having a better game. We saw it vs this same team last season.

But time & time again we have seen this play out with star receivers and Dak in the playoffs. Amari was disgusted w him in the first 49ers game. Ceedee was on that team and is close w Amari. He probably saw Dak on the verge of doing what Dak does in every playoff game and it pissed him off.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Or course not because i know hes capable of having a better game. We saw it vs this same team last season.

But time & time again we have seen this play out with star receivers and Dak in the playoffs. Amari was disgusted w him in the first 49ers game. Ceedee was on that team and is close w Amari. He probably saw Dak on the verge of doing what Dak does in every playoff game and it pissed him off.
And you don't see that as a problem lol? Its funny man you see Dak's flaws...rightfully so. But when it comes to Lamb...you don't see any issue with him getting pissed off after the FIRST POSSESSION OF THE GAME? You are essentially describing someone mentally weak. And I don't think Lamb is that.

Because no matter how you or me feel about Lamb...he got 1st team All Pro selection this year. And he didn't get that with no one throwing him the ball but Dak. So for him to me mentally weak after one pass? I ain't buying it. Now Amari? I can believe that. He's had Derek Carr, Dak, Flacco and Watson be his quarterbacks. Some guys have Mac Jones throwing them the football. Some have had Matt Schaub. Amari cry baby *** can sit in Cleveland for all I care.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
And you don't see that as a problem lol? Its funny man you see Dak's flaws...rightfully so. But when it comes to Lamb...you don't see any issue with him getting pissed off after the FIRST POSSESSION OF THE GAME? You are essentially describing someone mentally weak. And I don't think Lamb is that.

Because no matter how you or me feel about Lamb...he got 1st team All Pro selection this year. And he didn't get that with no one throwing him the ball but Dak. So for him to me mentally weak after one pass? I ain't buying it. Now Amari? I can believe that. He's had Derek Carr, Dak, Flacco and Watson be his quarterbacks. Some guys have Mac Jones throwing them the football. Some have had Matt Schaub. Amari cry baby *** can sit in Cleveland for all I care.
Who said I dont?

His body language has to improve when things arent going his way.

With that said, this happens all the time. Fans on this board expose the fact that they dont watch other teams play. Justin Jefferson does it all the time.

The bigger problem is the “why” is he doing this? None of us know for certain. This is all conjecture at this point

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who said I dont?

His body language has to improve when things arent going his way.

With that said, this happens all the time. Fans on this board expose the fact that they dont watch other teams play. Justin Jefferson does it all the time.

The bigger problem is the “why” is he doing this? None of us know for certain. This is all conjecture at this point
I'm not even sure he's even "pouting" honestly. He seemed off. Even when he was in motion i'm watching him like why is this guy half assing? I sense maybe he had a illness or something and is not saying something to look weak. I suppose if that was the case it would've came out by now. But he didn't look right. I didn't see a temper tantrum I just saw someone off. And it happened before anything had even happened in the game. I didn't see him pre-game to compare how he was but in that 1st quarter he was off.

As far as this happening "all the time"...that doesn't mean it should. Because realistically I don't care what Justin Jefferson does because last I checked he hasn't won anything but a All Pro himself. Maybe this is the new dudes. Maybe they just mentally weak and mentally soft. AJ Brown is the same way and I ain't a fan of it. To me Lamb ain't that. Tyreke ain't that. Tyreke drops a pass he doesn't sulk. Tua over throws him he doesn't cry. He goes harder next time.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
you look at the last 28 years and really think the biggest problem with this Franchise is the QB? again this is crazy, the problem is GLARINGLY bright and sticks out like a dislocated finger... if the only thing that changes is they go get a QB that you deem worthy prepare yourself to want to move on from said QB in a couple years....I'm sorry but it takes some real blinders to miss the problem this frnachise has now and has nhad for almost 30 years...
While JJ is the most common denominator he doesn’t play on the field. Even with some of the legit coaches that have been through the turnstiles the QB play has been the most relevant weakness since Aikman. For me, no other position has been as overlooked as the QB position.

zeke21

Reaction score
So by my count that is now three legit WR1's that have suddenly become useless with an 'attitude' problem during Daks tenure?

First Dez. Went from legit WR1.. to out of the league completely in 3 years with Dak. During that time there was talk he was complaining, a poor route runner, lazy.. fan base flip flopped between Dez being a 'Romo' guy or a 'Dak' guy. From All Pro WR to out of the league with an "attitude" problem in 3 years.

Then Cooper.. Went from Legit WR1.. to out of the organisation in 3.5 years with Dak. Started by coming in and salvaging a season where Dak had started with historically low throwing stats (like generationally bad).. Cooper hailed a hero. Then suddenly he had an "attitude" problem.. he wasn't running routes well.. he was too demanding.. he stunk it up in big games.. he couldn't get open.. he couldn't play away from home. Since leaving Dallas he has had back to back 1000 yard seasons including a year when a 39 year QB off the couch. No discussion of an "attitude" problem after leaving Dallas.

Now Lamb.. All Pro WR1 in 2nd year.. historic receiving yards.. and now has an "attitude" problem, is apparently a lazy route runner and failed on the big stage.

I see.. no pattern at all here. None at all. I just feel sorry for Dak.. imagine trying to play without any weapons.. just none at all.. and so many lazy route runners and why, just why do we keep recruiting guys with attitude problems?? I don't get it.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score

This is an indictment of Amari and CD, not Dak lmao

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Especially since in Amari's case his career got revived when he came to Dallas. He was playing some bad football which is why nobody but the Cowboys traded a 1st for him.
Eh, idk.

He was the same WR in Dallas as he was in Oakland as he is in Cleveland. He's mercurial.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Eh, idk.

He was the same WR in Dallas as he was in Oakland as he is in Cleveland. He's mercurial.
No in Oakland his last year and a half he was cooked. Some of the worst play of his career. He went from being a All Pro to crap. Then he got back on track when he got traded to Dallas.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah if you want to pretend the Qb isnt a huge problem. LMAO
I mean he's right though. Like I said above, Tyreke is not mentally weak. I mean these guys are human. I can see if its been all game long and you just aren't on the same page with Dak or Dak is doing what Dak does. It was literally after one pass. That says far more about Lamb then Dak. But like I said, he looked out of it when he was even running his routes. He looked sick. Just half assing.

Sydla

Reaction score
No what I'm saying is that the QB in this offense is systematically disadvantaged so that every mistake becomes an albatross.

They do always stink. Jerry is not a good GM and they've been unlucky with injury at times. That's not to say Dak never has a bad game, but because all of those other things fail, any mistake by the QB is far more significant. They run an antiquated offensive philosophy that makes it impossible to win if the QB isn't great.

It's not absurd. Making generalizations about a prolific QB based on something like 1/10 games is absurd. Speaking in absolutes, is absurd. Saying that the QB has flaws but the bigger issue is the system around him, is not absurd.

The top passers by EPA this year all have significantly better weapons than Dallas or play in a Shannahan/Reid offense. Or are just special, special athletes.

1. Purdy - Shannahan/ Aiyuk, Deebo, CMC, Kittle.
2. Dak - McCarthy/ CD
3. Josh Allen - special
4. Tua - Shannahan/Tyreek, Waddle, Achane, Mostert
5. Kirk - Shannahan/Jefferson, Addison, Hockenson,
6. Hurts - AJ, Devonta
7. Lamar - special
8. Mahomes - special/ Reid
9. J. Love - Shannahan / depth at WR, Jones

Look at the company Dak is in, and tell me Dallas has a system/weapons comparable to any of those teams. It's impossible.
I mean it was the GB Packers on Sunday. They had a suspect pass D. Kind of hard to blame Dak's issues on some belief that our pass catchers weren't good enough to take advantage of a mediocre Packers secondary on Sunday. It wasn't like we got shut down that first half by the Ravens or 49ers secondary here.

Dak is just inconsistent. And that's an issue. It's likely why he'll always be just a good QB but not ever a great one or one that can take a team to a SB.

GMO415

Reaction score
Somebody got to him and told him not to perform until the game was out of reach. Then he miraculously became excellent again.

That's the only explanation.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Somebody got to him and told him not to perform until the game was out of reach. Then he miraculously became excellent again.

That's the only explanation.
I don't know if you're being sarcastic but they're actually are some fan theories floating around of that sort. I'm not buying into it but it definitely did look like he wasn't going along with the program and he had to be sat down and told to play along.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
It started right after Dak missed Cooks on the deep throw in the first.
Either way it’s ridiculous to start the diva attitude that early in the game and after the season u just had. He’s been getting the ball all the time (as he should)

vlad

Reaction score
They showed McCarthy going over to him during the game which was odd to me since I've not seen Mike do that.
I wish you luck in filtering through all the noise to find an answer to a good question our access-journalist media likely haven’t asked