Did we ever find out what was going on with CeeDee Lamb to start the game?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I mean it was the GB Packers on Sunday. They had a suspect pass D. Kind of hard to blame Dak's issues on some belief that our pass catchers weren't good enough to take advantage of a mediocre Packers secondary on Sunday. It wasn't like we got shut down that first half by the Ravens or 49ers secondary here.

Dak is just inconsistent. And that's an issue. It's likely why he'll always be just a good QB but not ever a great one or one that can take a team to a SB.
The Packers game is the perfect example of the WRs not making plays and systemic failures EVERYWHERE

Cooks failed to make a play on the deep ball, and then it was his fault on the first pick. CD had two drops. That was all in the first 3 possessions.

They refused to throw the ball on second down, and it forced Dak into difficult passing situations on third down. They tried to run the ball on second down 4 straight times to start the game, and ended up gaining 1 yard (3rd and 3), 2 yards (3rd and 8), 5 yards (3rd and 5), 1 yard (3rd and 2). Their first attempt on a 2nd down pass gained 22 yards and exploited the seam, where the Packers are terrible. They followed that up with a -1 yard run to put them in 3rd and 5.

That's not to mention the systemic failures of the passing game that Kurt Warner has pointed out time and time again, where the QB has no way to be right.

No QB can overcome this.

You also just conveniently ignored the context of all the other QBs this year. I know nothing means anything to you that you don't already agree with, but sitting here and saying "Dak can't win big games" and ignoring the failures of everything around him is simple minded. it's not excuse making, it is simply understanding that a QB cannot overcome all of this.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Sounds simple. I wonder why nobody else thought of this along the way this year while Cee Dee had an all time Cowboys record season.

Or was it, the moment was too big for the guy with the ball in his hands?
Not ever team has the personnel to make to work.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
If anything CeeDee was scared.

Man pouted like a first grader before the game started and then had two dropped and got pushed around by Alexander and did absolutely nothing about it. He was scared out of his mind

zerofill

Reaction score
That first video... I don't know why he didn't throw it to CeeDee anyway.

Like right here ball could have been in the air, you know CeeDee is going to push off making that cut.
Why do you throw it to that short route where defender is up his ____?

Would have had a better chance with CeeDee's route than that comeback at that point.
At least unlikely to get intercepted.

You have a safety coming to help, but he would have been late to the spot.

Z9TtGhy.png

OzyeZ2I.png

zerofill

Reaction score

Like right here ball could have been in the air, you know CeeDee is going to push off making that cut.

Would have had a better chance with CeeDee's route than that comeback at that point.

On that next one

I would have never let the ball go anyway... Just had it the air for when the receiver turns on the outside because that defender was not stopping that.

x4bexr0.png

Chasing6

Reaction score

Z9TtGhy.png

OzyeZ2I.png
When the ball comes out quickly, it is because of a pre-snap read. He may have made up his mind before hand based on alignment.

zerofill

Reaction score
When the ball comes out quickly, it is because of a pre-snap read. He may have made up his mind before hand based on alignment.
Yeah that is true. He still can see what is happening though. Been better off to throw it away.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I noticed one thing....he came out with a blue visor .....then switched during the game. Never been a fan of those....because they can distort your vision. I kinda think maybe that's why he dropped those first couple passes.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Packers game is the perfect example of the WRs not making plays and systemic failures EVERYWHERE

Cooks failed to make a play on the deep ball, and then it was his fault on the first pick. CD had two drops. That was all in the first 3 possessions.

They refused to throw the ball on second down, and it forced Dak into difficult passing situations on third down. They tried to run the ball on second down 4 straight times to start the game, and ended up gaining 1 yard (3rd and 3), 2 yards (3rd and 8), 5 yards (3rd and 5), 1 yard (3rd and 2). Their first attempt on a 2nd down pass gained 22 yards and exploited the seam, where the Packers are terrible. They followed that up with a -1 yard run to put them in 3rd and 5.

That's not to mention the systemic failures of the passing game that Kurt Warner has pointed out time and time again, where the QB has no way to be right.

No QB can overcome this.

You also just conveniently ignored the context of all the other QBs this year. I know nothing means anything to you that you don't already agree with, but sitting here and saying "Dak can't win big games" and ignoring the failures of everything around him is simple minded. it's not excuse making, it is simply understanding that a QB cannot overcome all of this.

One, Warner tends to be a bit defensive of the QB in most of his analyses. He's been pretty defensive of Dak this year, for example.

Two, in the first video, you can tell he's wanting to question Dak's decision making as to why when he sees what Alexander does (if Cooks is the first read), why he doesn't then throw to the open space behind where Lamb is running. The 2nd interception looks more play design than anything but the first, Warner is definitely wanting to question what Dak was thinking there. He just rarely ever comes out and calls the QB out for a dumb play.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
One, Warner tends to be a bit defensive of the QB in most of his analyses. He's been pretty defensive of Dak this year, for example.

Two, in the first video, you can tell he's wanting to question Dak's decision making as to why when he sees what Alexander does (if Cooks is the first read), why he doesn't then throw to the open space behind where Lamb is running. The 2nd interception looks more play design than anything but the first, Warner is definitely wanting to question what Dak was thinking there. He just rarely ever comes out and calls the QB out for a dumb play.
It doesn't matter if he's "defensive." The point is that there are - and Im' repeating myself - systemic issues that make every "bad" play look much worse. There is no margin for error. It is impossible to be consistently successful in that environment.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Listen to Michael Irvin. He broke down several key plays and explained how CeeDee could have done better, along with not pouting like a child. It's the reason McCarthy had to go up to him. Facts are right there. You just refuse to accept them because it doesn't fit into your Dak hate agenda.
No, what he said was that he could have listened to him. He said nothing about CeeDee's technical performance. Stop it.

Sydla

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if he's "defensive." The point is that there are - and Im' repeating myself - systemic issues that make every "bad" play look much worse. There is no margin for error. It is impossible to be consistently successful in that environment.
But the other point is that the QB also does some pretty silly things and has his hand in this mess when we are talking about big game and playoff failures. That first play highlights it. Even if Dak's first read is Cooks, he needs to move off that and see Lamb is in the clear. That wasn't a McCarthy problem as much as it was a Dak problem.

The difference between you and me (and others), it appears, is that you want to give Dak a pass and just hold McCarthy accountable. I want to hold the both of them accountable. They both failed.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
But the other point is that the QB also does some pretty silly things and has his hand in this mess when we are talking about big game and playoff failures. That first play highlights it. Even if Dak's first read is Cooks, he needs to move off that and see Lamb is in the clear. That wasn't a McCarthy problem as much as it was a Dak problem.

The difference between you and me (and others), it appears, is that you want to give Dak a pass and just hold McCarthy accountable. I want to hold the both of them accountable. They both failed.
Not really.

No, it's not his first read and you don't move off of that. Just like the INT to Gallup against SF, you throw that expecting the WR to cross face. It is fundamental for a WR to do that.

I don't give Dak a pass. What I'm saying is that no QB can be successful in this environment so it is stupid to move off of one who is prolific in it.