Did you guys know Romo though 09-16 won 15 games?

CWR

Reaction score
Against winning teams?

EPGeifZXsAEtffG

Does this mean anything?

It mean everyone that criticizes Dak for not beating winning teams and didn't do the same for Romo are disingenuous.

The next Argument would be about the teams Romo was surrounded by. There were absolutely times in Romos career where he carried the team. I believe a lot of his gun slinger, mistake ridden mentality was him over compensating for poor teams. In the same light there were times Romo had talent around and wasn't able to get over the hump.

With both qbs there were times we had enough talent, but in the end we couldn't make up for the coaching deficit.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
It's more noteworthy that he played just under 2 and a half seasons worth of games in an eight year stretch

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Even if we argue that Romo was mediocre, who cares? He's gone. Done. Over.

And along those lines, if we believe Romo failed, does that excuse Dak? The question is whether we should pay Dak upwards of 40 million per season; elite QB money. You don't pay that kind of money when you have to trade a 1st round pick for a WR because your QB can't make anyone around him better. He needs a top notch OL, RB and WR. All that is a luxury and just not affordable year in and year out. He can't consistently carry this team when the chips are down. And we're home for the playoffs and SB and want to argue if this guy is an elite talent. Please....give me a break.
All of this crapola coming from someone who has a pic of Dak as his handle? :facepalm:

Troll

willia451

Reaction score
We can't say anything about what anyone did from roughly 2009 to 2019 while Garrett was around.

Might as well throw all those stats in the garbage for how much they are worth.

It's like we've been through a Black Hole and just popped out the other side. We made it. But not exactly unscathed.

1qrK8iD.jpg

Creeper

Reaction score
Romo was a decent QB, but my problem with him was the contract Jerry gave him. Romo was given a top QB contract when he was more of a middle of the pack guy. Its not Romo's fault Jerry overpaid him, a mistake that hurt the Cowboys when Romo left and Dallas had to eat a lot of cap space. But this is the problem with overpaying guys just because you like them personally. Jerry gets too close to his players and this is what makes him prone to these mistakes. My gut tells me we will eat the Zeke contract too soon. We could also get burned by Lawrence but I think he will play better and earn at least some of that money.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It mean everyone that criticizes Dak for not beating winning teams and didn't do the same for Romo are disingenuous.

The next Argument would be about the teams Romo was surrounded by. There were absolutely times in Romos career where he carried the team. I believe a lot of his gun slinger, mistake ridden mentality was him over compensating for poor teams. In the same light there were times Romo had talent around and wasn't able to get over the hump.

With both qbs there were times we had enough talent, but in the end we couldn't make up for the coaching deficit.
And that’s what it comes down to. We have asked our players to over compensate for piss poor coaching and schemes and they couldn’t. But it’s crazy people don’t realize that for Dak and this team.

kskboys

Reaction score
You can debate stats and circumstance all day, but in the end, IMHO, Romo was a better QB. That said, I like Dak, I think we can win with him, and I wish him and every Cowboy success.
In some ways.