Did you guys know Romo though 09-16 won 15 games?

kskboys

Reaction score
Romo never had a line under Parcells?

Flozell, Leonard Davis, Rivera, Gurode, Colombo.....
Although it fell apart very quickly, Romo had a line 07 midway through 09, when it fell apart. Down the stretch in 09, that line was horrid, and was even worse in the playoffs. And good ol' Jerry fixed it by trading up for a WR and taking stiff Sam Young in the 6th round. He didn't even notice how bad it was, our great GM!!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, that might be the most incredibly stupid narrative ever posted. Amazing that people keep reiterating something so stupid.
Right. Those defenses got bad. Wade only had one job to do. That was coach defense. If his defense sucked what good was he?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Although it fell apart very quickly, Romo had a line 07 midway through 09, when it fell apart. Down the stretch in 09, that line was horrid, and was even worse in the playoffs. And good ol' Jerry fixed it by trading up for a WR and taking stiff Sam Young in the 6th round. He didn't even notice how bad it was, our great GM!!!
He did have some bad lines. But the narrative he didn’t have a line is a myth. Those Nate Livings and Bernadeau.......those were bad but Romo didn’t have that his whole career.

kskboys

Reaction score
Right. Those defenses got bad. Wade only had one job to do. That was coach defense. If his defense sucked what good was he?
Due to not maintaining order and not insisting on keeping the players in shape, the players quite simply were out of shape and started folding at the end of games and season.

If anyone sabotaged Wade, it was Jerry by not allowing him to maintain order and discipline. Don't forget, Wade tried to fine his players for being late, Jerry rescinded the fines.

Javier

Reaction score
By the looks of the list......seems like maybe Romo wasted some of Garrett's years too.
I ask this because Dak gets the credit for this teams lack of wins against playoff teams this year. But Dak had the same head coach as Garrett......yet....its Dak's fault?

Different teams, different league, but the same HC who iced his kicker and punt on 4th down against the Texans.

kskboys

Reaction score
He did have some bad lines. But the narrative he didn’t have a line is a myth. Those Nate Livings and Bernadeau.......
He didn't have a line from late 09 thru 12. I'll never forget pass rushers coming right up the middle at the snap when Ole' Costa was standing there. (I'm not willing to say playing, because it didn't resemble "playing").

Brax

Reaction score
Against winning teams?

EPGeifZXsAEtffG

Does this mean anything?
I wonder why this Romo- Dak thing just goes on and on. No one should care what Romo did, Troy, White, Roger,Morton, Meredith did or didn't do, for some reason it keeps being thrown out to some how justify what Dak is or isn't. The last line of Dak homer-ism is always (insert any former DC QB but mainly Romo) this or (Romo )that when all else fails. If someone liked Romo does that somehow make that person a Dak hater? If someone didn't like Romo does that make someone a Dak lover? And if you did or didn't like both what does that make you? Just curious if you could post what his Wins against Teams with winning records look like his first 4 years as a starter 2006-2009. Thanks

Silly

Reaction score

I thought the first years of Romo's career that the cowboys were in cap hell because of the triplets hangover?

If it were not for the fluke on Romo's hold, he would have won a super bowl.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He didn't have a line from late 09 thru 12. I'll never forget pass rushers coming right up the middle at the snap when Ole' Costa was standing there. (I'm not willing to say playing, because it didn't resemble "playing").
I’d probably say 2009 to 11. No one is arguing he had a great line. But Eli didn’t have great lines.....Aaron Rodgers didn’t early on. There were ways to produce while having a average line. It took coaching. Romo was not good enough to compensate for a bad offensive line. He needed players around him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wonder why this Romo- Dak thing just goes on and on. No one should care what Romo did, Troy, White, Roger,Morton, Meredith did or didn't do, for some reason it keeps being thrown out to some how justify what Dak is or isn't. The last line of Dak homer-ism is always (insert any former DC QB but mainly Romo) this or (Romo )that when all else fails. If someone liked Romo does that somehow make that person a Dak hater? If someone didn't like Romo does that make someone a Dak lover? And if you did or didn't like both what does that make you? Just curious if you could post what his Wins against Teams with winning records look like his first 4 years as a starter 2006-2009. Thanks
I don’t know what they were. Being they sucked most of those years except 2007 I’d assume the records were bad.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I thought the first years of Romo's career that the cowboys were in cap hell because of the triplets hangover?

If it were not for the fluke on Romo's hold, he would have won a super bowl.

How did you come to that conclusion? That team was not good enough to win a Super Bowl.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Against winning teams?

EPGeifZXsAEtffG
That's the results of pass happy play calling. Romo was good but not elite. When you go pass happy with a non-elite QB you'd better have a great defense to bail you out of some bad situations. We just had an 8-8 season from going pass happy with a non-elite QB.

Play good special teams. Play good defense. And maintain balance on offense. Dallas didn't do that during the Romo years and now they're not doing it with Dak. Playing complementary football is on the coaches. I hope Mike McCarthy understands that.