Did you guys know Romo though 09-16 won 15 games?

JonesBoys

Reaction score
This board is funny. If you believe Romo was a good QB then you must knock down Dak to make your point about Romo feel better. And vise versa, if you’re a Dak guy you feel that you have to put down Romo so it validates Dak. I thought Romo was a good enough QB to take this team further but had a terrible coach. I feel the same way about Dak and I’m excited to see what he can do with a real staff.

keysersoze

Reaction score
This board is funny. If you believe Romo was a good QB then you must knock down Dak to make your point about Romo feel better. And vise versa, if you’re a Dak guy you feel that you have to put down Romo so it validates Dak. I thought Romo was a good enough QB to take this team further but had a terrible coach. I feel the same way about Dak and I’m excited to see what he can do with a real staff.
First off. A TRUE FAN wouldn’t be a Romo or a Dak guy. He’d be a COWBOYS GUY! And Romo is no longer our quarterback so he shouldn’t even be a topic of current events anymore. UNLESS YOU HAVE AN AGENDA AGAINST DAK!!! What other purpose does this bs serve?

JonesBoys

Reaction score
First off. A TRUE FAN wouldn’t be a Romo or a Dak guy. He’d be a COWBOYS GUY! And Romo is no longer our quarterback so he shouldn’t even be a topic of current events anymore. UNLESS YOU HAVE AN AGENDA AGAINST DAK!!! What other purpose does this bs serve?[/QUOTE

I’m the one that started this thread about Romo? And my answer that guy just quoted showed you I don’t compare the two. Romo was a great QB for Dallas and Dak is trending that way as well IMO. I’m pretty damn happy both have been the QB’s over the last 14 years.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
No agendas against Romo at all. I actually regarded him as Staubach 2.0.....
Spent $250 on his jersey and all. But at the end of the day his career is over and we only have 2 wildcard wins and stats to show. I am not upset at anyone who supported Romo tho. Never have been. Why? Because I supported him as well when he was our quarterback. Ya know? That’s what fans do. So why are you all upset with COWBOYS FANS WHO SUPPORT THE CURRENT COWBOYS QUARTERBACK?

Who is upset? I've said at this point of time Dak = Romo; two good quaterbacks who were being wasted away on a system created by Jerry here, where the odds for a championship are against them, because they are mere mortals after all. We are heading in the right direction with Garrett out the door, and a coach that has a superbowl one his resume. And again, the thread isn't as innocently started as you make it out to be. It's a thread about bias, saying how romo supports are bias against dak, started by a Dak supporter who half the board thinks has a bias of Dak over Romo. There is a difference when a neutal, level headed person, who hasn't took sides starts a thread about bias versus a one started by person people view as bias. Also the Agenda word here, the accusation, has a history on this board as a means of one side getting another side to shut up by accusing people with different opinions of having an agenda. I mean, this is all obvious, for anyone who has been around here the last few years. Why you acting like you just got here? ;)

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Nepotism and poor timing is why we didn't win anything with dak on a cheap contract. Romo cost us over 20m in dead money. This team refused to separate from expensive jags, witten, lee, ty craw, and actually invest in free agency positions of need. That is why the teams that have a cheap qb and spend a bunch of $$ in FA start to do well. Look at the chiefs and what they did in the offseason. The romo and dez contract killed our ability to capitalize on a cheap QB.

The bit humorous part to this is ;) is that some people who believe that about the romo contract want to give Dak contract to put that contract to shame, no matter how it would handicap the team. I mean I see a lot of hypocrisy from people calling others hypocrites, and that is part of what I found amusing about the original thread itself, people being guilty of what they accuse others of.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
We would have had Parcells longer if Romo could have held on to a fg snap. Or Witten who's allergic to yac couldn't get a half yard against a smaller player. 2006 loss is one of the worst losses in this franchises history.

Yeah I can agree that, that loss is what lead to Parcells leaving. I knew it would when it happened. Like the kind of loss that send Jimmy int Retirement for the Dolphins.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Who is upset? I've said at this point of time Dak = Romo; two good quaterbacks who were being wasted away on a system created by Jerry here, where the odds for a championship are against them, because they are mere mortals after all. We are heading in the right direction with Garrett out the door, and a coach that has a superbowl one his resume. And again, the thread isn't as innocently started as you make it out to be. It's a thread about bias, saying how romo supports are bias against dak, started by a Dak supporter who half the board thinks has a bias of Dak over Romo. There is a difference when a neutal, level headed person, who hasn't took sides starts a thread about bias versus a one started by person people view as bias. Also the Agenda word here, the accusation, has a history on this board as a means of one side getting another side to shut up by accusing people with different opinions of having an agenda. I mean, this is all obvious, for anyone who has been around here the last few years. Why you acting like you just got here? ;)
I wasn’t referring to you in my posts so why are you getting defensive and speaking on it if you don’t fit the description? Stay in your lane and mind ya business.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
First off. A TRUE FAN wouldn’t be a Romo or a Dak guy. He’d be a COWBOYS GUY! And Romo is no longer our quarterback so he shouldn’t even be a topic of current events anymore. UNLESS YOU HAVE AN AGENDA AGAINST DAK!!! What other purpose does this bs serve?

Or unless you have an Agenda for Dak, and use throwing romo and any other Cowboy current and former under the bus to prop up Dak. That is what a lot of the Dak guys do around here. Is that a cowboy's fan or a dak fan, when a person is willing to throw any cowboy there is under the bus for the sake of the current QB? It happens on this board all the time. What is the agenda there?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I wasn’t referring to you in my posts so why are you getting defensive and speaking on it if you don’t fit the description? Stay in your lane and mind ya business.

Sounds like you are saying that anybody who doesn't say something you approve of in this public forum, should shut up. XD

Galian Beast

Reaction score
how about lets not and say we did. How about we stop with the comparisons and double standards as they are 2 different Qb's. If you want to compare something how about looking at the similarities like they both played under an inept coaching staff and GM

They both played under an inept coaching staff and GM but one also had the benefit of a running game and a solid defense every year they were here and one didn't.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
When looking at the rushing stats, can we put them in perspective? For example, if we are near the top of the league in average yards per rush, but near the bottom of the league in number of attempts it is worth noting. Not having a running game and not using the running game are 2 different things.

And your excuse for the defenses?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And your excuse for the defenses?
No excuse. It’s a valid concern to eliminate bias.

My suggestion would be to look at the average points per drive allowed (or yards per drive) to compensate for the different style of play. Prior to 2014 we were averaging around 2:30-2:40 a drive on offense and went up to around 3 minutes per drive in 2014. Defense having to defend more drives will give up more total yards and more total points but looking at it on a per drive basis may be a better way to compare.

What are your thoughts?

keysersoze

Reaction score
Or unless you have an Agenda for Dak, and use throwing romo and any other Cowboy current and former under the bus to prop up Dak. That is what a lot of the Dak guys do around here. Is that a cowboy's fan or a dak fan, when a person is willing to throw any cowboy there is under the bus for the sake of the current QB? It happens on this board all the time. What is the agenda there?
Show me one post that displays the bs you just said.

keysersoze

Reaction score
They both played under an inept coaching staff and GM but one also had the benefit of a running game and a solid defense every year they were here and one didn't.
I’ll give you zeke. But what solid defense are you talking about? Do you watch the games or just quote PFF?

keysersoze

Reaction score
Sounds like you are saying that anybody who doesn't say something you approve of in this public forum, should shut up. XD
No. I’m sayin it’s stupid for you to sit there and explain how you’re not one of those guys who’s upset with Dak and fans of Dak when I never said you were. I wasn’t referring to you so your comment was irrelevant.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Show me one post that displays the bs you just said.

>.> Sure, I'm going to spend the time to go through thousands of messages on this board from the past, to find something you didn't see or miss because you are new or something. I mean, you can look yourself, or ask around, I'm not the only person here who has seen people throw other cowboy players under the bus for the sake of propping dak up or coming up with an excuse for him. I don't need to spend an excessive amount of time finding something for you that many others have seen too.

Beaker42

Reaction score
That was 1 time. And in a high scoring affair, the goal is to have the ball last, with an opportunity to win the game. We were in that exact situation...48-48 tie, ball in hand, all we have to go do is score a FG on a defense we shredded all day to win the game. Instead we turn the ball over and allow Denver to kick the game winning FG.
I was getting at the fact our D sucked pretty much the whole time he was QB.

keysersoze

Reaction score
>.> Sure, I'm going to spend the time to go through thousands of messages on this board from the past, to find something you didn't see or miss because you are new or something. I mean, you can look yourself, or ask around, I'm not the only person here who has seen people throw other cowboy players under the bus for the sake of propping dak up or coming up with an excuse for him. I don't need to spend an excessive amount of time finding something for you that many others have seen too.
All I’ve seen was people defending Dak. Not seeing anyone doing what you claim.