Did You Have a Favorite Cowboy Who Wasn't a Star?

QT

Reaction score
James Dixon
Ron Francis
Paul Palmer
Alexander Wright
Danny Noonan
Brock Marion
Derrick Brownlow
etc...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2075338 said:
This is a great one. I really liked Pugh. Really good call to me.

There are a few I liked over the years. I liked Billy Joe Dupree a lot. I never thought he got his due. I like Rafferty a lot. Another guy I thought was under rated. I liked Lockhart a lot. He played for a team that was terrible and never got his due IMO. Benny Barnes was a heck of a DB but he will always be remebered as the guy who gave up the catches in the big games. He played well but those catches from Swann were just unbelievable. Dennis Thurman, to me, was another one of those guys. He just kept everything together. Really liked him. Bob Bruenig and DD Lewis were both very under rated playes for us. John Dutton was another guy who was overshadowed. Came over from Baltimore and played well for us. Never got his credit. Herb Scott, John Fitzgerald, Ralph Neely, Pat Donovan, Jim Cooper, really none of those 70s OLs outside of Wright got there due IMO. I don't think that Tui ever really got his due either. I really liked Newhouse. He was a great player. Walt Garrison and George Andrie, Dave Manders, Doug Cosbie, Dave Edwards, Dan Reeves never go this due here, as a player or a coach. He is one of the real great Cowboys that never has been recognized IMO. Tolbert, heck I never thought Harvey Martin was ever really reconginzed for as great a player as he was. Too Tall and Randy White but Harvey, to me, never got his due. I guess I like all of them but if I had to pick just one, I'd say Jim Jeffcoat. To me, Jeffcoat's career fell between two real great teams. He always came to play. He did all the little things that you never notice and he made plays week in and week out. Never missed time, never talked, never complained, just did a good job for us. He came in in 83, which was the tail end of the real great teams and left in 94 but he was not a starter for us after 91 so a lot of younger fans never really saw him play in his prime. He was a great situational player for us 92 - 94 but he never really got his due IMO. I guess I'd pick Jeffcoat.
It's sad I know everyone of those names. I'm getting old.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
aikemirv;2075705 said:
Butch Johnson and Golden Richards.
The California quake goes down as the best TD celebration in history as far as I'm concerned.

AtlCB

Reaction score
abersonc;2073382 said:
Jason Garrett.
He was my favorite non-star as well. I remember that great Thanksgiving Day game he had against Green Bay after Aikman and our second string QB were injured.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
anyone in the Zero Club but especially Billy Joe Dupree, maybe the most underrated TE ever

America's Team

Florida Cowboy
Reaction score
for me it would be Steve Rissler, he was a rookie free agent we signed last year. He went to my high school. he didnt even make the team but he went to my school so i was excited

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
percyhoward;2075996 said:
Best D-Line in franchise histoy.

Very good DL, no question. I actually liked this Martin, White, Dutton and Too Tall a little bit better but I could see going the other way.

To me, Cole, Pugh, Lilly and Andrie were probably the best IMO but like I say, hate to have to live between the difference in any of those three.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
Kelvin Martin, for me. I guess he was a boarderline star on some of the bad Cowboy teams he played with. He was a very tough, realible receiver for us.

Jim Jeffcoat is my other. I met hm and he was a very nice, humble person, but I liked the way he quietly took care of business.

FanSince61

Thanks for the memories Dandy
Reaction score
Eddie LeBaron, QB from 1960-63. He was 5'8". He looked like a kid playing with men.

ic8j2a.jpg

IMG%5D