Did you think there were bad calls/non-calls in the Super Bowl?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That last PI call was clearly a good call.

The rules don't change suddenly in a SB or at the end of games.

I just want all calls to be made consistently throughout games by lal officiating crews.

There's too much discrepancy from crew to crew, quarter to quarter, team to team, etc ...

That is the key to any officiating in any sports, Consistency. If is in a ump in baseball you want to see balls and strikes call the same way, if he is giving a high strike zone you want to it go both ways. In football if you letting players play and not over officiating the game you want it both ways. Are calls going to be missed? yes, that will happen in every game and there will be games where the officiating is just down right bad through out the game for both teams.

I will say this for football refs and that is the owners need to stop this yearly rule changes and I think they need to be more black and white on these rule changes. It seems every year the competition committee made up of owners changes up rules and leave a lot of rules which are judgement calls

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The statement....THE NFL IS RIGGED....is a lot different than.....odds that there has never been.......wouldn't you agree? Talking as if the whole thing is like pro rasslin;' is what THE NFL IS RIGGED....isn't what you are talking about is it?

Do you believe there is a rigged NFL going on or just maybe in the long history of NFL football we did have a game where some ref made sure a team won? What you are trying to do is show no it's not impossible, right?

The NFL is not rigged or fixed.

I am not in the camp that believes that the entire NFL is rigged.. No.. What I am stating is that it's silly act as if games have not been affected by referees who are compromised either because of their own biases or they have been compromised by big gambling. I don't know for a fact which games.. but I am not about to declare that the list is of games and refs involved is zero. I don't believe that for one second. And again, it's not just about winning and losing .. it's also about the spread. Vegas doesn't need one team to win or lose to make money. They can make millions because a team wins by 3 instead of 4.

blueblood70

Reaction score
they didn't throw as many as is expected in big game world wide viewership all to themselves

however, they were as inconsistent as usual and questionable as usual. So par for the course how the season went ..refs are just not good.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
they didn't throw as many as is expected in big game world wide viewership all to themselves

however, they were as inconsistent as usual and questionable as usual. So par for the course how the season went ..refs are just not good.

I know 1 thing I would not want their jobs. For as long as I have watched sports I can't recall a time when people did not complain about refs. Not an easy job they have

kevm3

Reaction score
The writers are sitting at a table trying to work out the next pay per view rasslin' show, is it time that Roman Reigns drops the title to Seth Rollins or Drew McIntyre, how about Seth vs Drew for the right to go after the belt? Ok, that is rigged, that is fixed, that is not the NFL and never has been and never will be.

Now has some ref ever did anything to make sure a team won a game, doubt it, but that wouldn't be a IT'S RIGGED NFL.

You cannot rig/fix the NFL, that is impossible.

You can largely control the outcomes of games with officiating.

Throwing timely holding penalties kills drives and timely roughing the passer or holding calls on the other team can help manufacture drives. If two teams are fairly evenly matched, the team with less penalties usually will win.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The refs let both teams play all game long, and then they call an incredibly ticky tack call in one of the biggest moments of the game, which helps directly lead to the game winning TD.

yeah it’s BS. The refs let the players play, right up until the point where they decided not to and interjected to alter the outcome of the game.

It’s horrible officiating and as a football fan in general it pisses me off.

I didn’t even care who would win the game. I have nothing against the bengals or rams. But just watching the game end like that really just made me sick as a fan of the game.

glimmerman

Reaction score
And what’s up with them getting ticky tack at the end but did you see the still shot someone posted on twitter (I saw it here) of the presnap on the bengals 4th down play. Showed donald way offsides. You would think that would have been called for sure. His hand planted 6 or 8 inches further than the rest of the defense. Very obvious.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
And what’s up with them getting ticky tack at the end but did you see the still shot someone posted on twitter of the presnap on the bengals 4th down play. Showed donald way offsides. You would think that would have been called for sure. His hand planted 6 or 8 inches further than the rest of the defense. Very obvious.

That’s the only problem I had. They let them play the game out for the most part until the end. I was looking for that jackhole Hochuli to be part of the staff all of sudden and throw flags again.

glimmerman

Reaction score
That’s the only problem I had. They let them play the game out for the most part until the end. I was looking for that jackhole Hochuli to be part of the staff all of sudden and throw flags again.
Well once I saw the presnap pick of donald being lined up that far over it was angering. There is a ref looking right down the line to make sure that don’t happen. And usually standing close to a HC. Must not have been standing on the bengals side. His helmet was almost lined up with the offenses helmets. Wasn’t he the one that made the 4th down stop. Helps when you start on there side..

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It was worse than all other no-calls combined....and not even close. It gave them a length of the field TD. Without it, any other later penalty would've very possibly have been irrelevant.

Exactly! Some on here keep accusing the refs of "Giving" the game to the Rams which is a bunch of baloney. If the refs had not "Given" that free face mask TD to the Bengals, Cinci would've been out of the game early. That freebie TD was the only thing that kept them close.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The game was fixed...just like every other game was fixed. If you believe this was the greatest playoffs ever....then I bet you still believe in Santa...and that Fort Knox still has gold.

Seems like every time people's favorite team loses, we always hear the same thing....."It was fixed! It was fixed!" :rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Seems like every time people's favorite team loses, we always hear the same thing....."It was fixed! It was fixed!" :rolleyes:

I agree it is easy to blame the ref. I never hear that Conner Williams had 3 or 4 holding calls the fix is in, he is trying to throw the game, Gregory jumping offsides yep trying to throw the game and those dropped passes sure sign they are trying to throw the game.
Human sport played and officiated by humans

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It was a bad non call for sure. But the Rams at least had a half to rebound from it. Cinci got jobbed at the end imo

I thought some of that stuff at the end was questionable as well at the time, but I recorded the game and last night I watched the end of the game again and paid close attention to the replays, and it changed my mind. The calls were good, they weren't "jobbed".
But without the replays it's hard to tell sometimes.

RaZon

Reaction score
I am not in the camp that believes that the entire NFL is rigged.. No.. What I am stating is that it's silly act as if games have not been affected by referees who are compromised either because of their own biases or they have been compromised by big gambling. I don't know for a fact which games.. but I am not about to declare that the list is of games and refs involved is zero. I don't believe that for one second. And again, it's not just about winning and losing .. it's also about the spread. Vegas doesn't need one team to win or lose to make money. They can make millions because a team wins by 3 instead of 4.

I disagree, silliness is thinking these guys who ref NFL are that low when it comes to character they would cheat. I don't see that at all, zero and none, these are serious guys not low rent just give me some $$$$ and I will do anything. My wife, her mom my mom and dad, hell I know guys who wouldn't compromise their integrity over $$$$$.

Believe what ya like.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I thought some of that stuff at the end was questionable as well at the time, but I recorded the game and last night I watched the end of the game again and paid close attention to the replays, and it changed my mind. The calls were good, they weren't "jobbed".

To be clear— my main point wasn’t that the flag wasn’t “technically” correct. It is more the reality that the game was called pretty loose the whole game— and then all of a sudden was called tight right at the end.

Umpires in baseball have leeway to “set the strike zone.” Players adjust early. Umps just need to remain fair and consistent with the way they call the game.

Football refs are the same. If you are gonna be ticky tack— be consistent. If you are gonna let em play— then let em play. IMO the error was in the inconsistency of the way they called the game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Not only were they not jobbed but they gifted a 75 yard TD that they should not have gotten when a fairly obvious penalty which took place out in the open for all to see was not called.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I disagree, silliness is thinking these guys who ref NFL are that low when it comes to character they would cheat. I don't see that at all, zero and none, these are serious guys not low rent just give me some $$$$ and I will do anything. My wife, her mom my mom and dad, hell I know guys who wouldn't compromise their integrity over $$$$$.

Believe what ya like.

I know guys like that as well. I also know people who would sell their mother for the right price. The world is comprised of more than one type of personality. IMHO so are the ranks of NFL officials.

RaZon

Reaction score
I know guys like that as well. I also know people who would sell their mother for the right price. The world is comprised of more than one type of personality. IMHO so are the ranks of NFL officials.

Think I'll go with...

FINDING THE BEST
The NFL has developed a regional network of officiating scouts to canvass the country in search of officials with the potential to advance to higher levels of football.

All of these candidates will learn important personal and professional skills that will help them on and off the field. A select few will demonstrate the skills, athleticism and strength of character necessary to officiate in the NFL.

The efforts of the scouts and NFL Officiating Department have led to a pool of about 4,000 officials at all levels that have been observed and evaluated. Once in the officiating database, scouts track their progress, and those who stand out can earn opportunities to move up to officiate in higher levels of football.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not buying.....just flash some $$$ my way that is all it takes.......nay!!!!

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I know 1 thing I would not want their jobs. For as long as I have watched sports I can't recall a time when people did not complain about refs. Not an easy job they have
I'd take that job in a heartbeat. The BS calls against Dallas would stop, and a few BS flags would fly on the opposing teams. I would have to even things up for years of non-calls on the opposition.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score

Believe what ya like.
You'd be surprised just how many high-brow people are sneaks, cheats and thieves. They just get away with it. Just sayin'.