Different kind of Dak thread

Big_D

Reaction score
If ownership is truly this stupid then it makes little sense to pay the QB.

Verdict

Reaction score
This is the most contradictory post I’ve ever seen. You titled it “A different type of Dak thread” and then you go on insulting anyone who supports Dak. And the lies. No one wants the team to sign Dak no matter what it costs. No one. And then this:

They act like the entire Cowboys organization would cease to exist if Dak isn’t signed at whatever cost it takes. How does a person come to such a conclusion? Blind fandom? Fourteen years old with a complete lack of objectivity? A lack of understanding of the salary cap? Inability to reason?

It’s the same ole Dak hate you’ve been spewing for years. :facepalm:
Posts like yours are part of the reason for the polarization regarding Dak. I’m not an anti-Dak guy per se. I have several posts that indicate that I would be OK with Dak coming back at a lower cap hit and am also OK with Dak moving on.

Posts like yours really encourage people with opposing beliefs or who are on the dense to migrate to a more anti Dak position.

You are incorrect in your categorization of my position. But I really don’t have a dog in the fight. But your post is a great example of my original posts about the pro Dak posters being extreme. It’s either something extreme, or a straw man every time.

Verdict

Reaction score
Didn't @Rockport create a thread saying it could take 10-15 years to win again? That would seem to fit the bill.

I think some folks are picking apart @Verdict post word by word rather than the overall message that no one, not even Dak's biggest fans should be unable to understand why the majority are ready to move on.

Maybe no on has said give him whatever he wants but plenty have said you sign him to the next record QB contract just because he's next in line. That also indicates a multiyear commitment to the player wherein the organization would again be unable to move on without severe penalties.

That's what @Verdict was saying IMO.
That’s correct.

Verdict

Reaction score
I was pro-Romo and during the near of his end, I was just hoping for him to leave or retire. I was tired of hearing his name. Tired of the "Tastes Great!" & "Less Filling!" arguments. I am now the same way with Dak. I am just over the whole conversation. In the end, it doesn't matter who the QB is. We still have Jerry. Unfortunately, that makes every other conversation about this team pointless.
It’s very frustrating for all Cowboys fans. Interesting thought though—-if the two Dez catches were catches and we went on to win two SBs would the narrative be different?

Verdict

Reaction score
No. That doesn't make him a better QB.

No matter his pay, do you think he can win 3/4 games in a row in January in the playoffs? Exactly.

The only people who want the Cowboys to lock up Dak are the fans of the other 31 teams.
Yes and a few Cowboys fans who are bigger fans of Dak than they are the Cowboys. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that some Cowboys fans would celebrate us making Dak the highest paid QB (or even top 3).

I’m not totally out on Dak but I am out on Dak at the top end numbers. I would favor moving on but I could see an argument for bringing Dak back at a reasonable cap hit and wiping out the no trade clause.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Posts like yours are part of the reason for the polarization regarding Dak. I’m not an anti-Dak guy per se. I have several posts that indicate that I would be OK with Dak coming back at a lower cap hit and am also OK with Dak moving on.

Posts like yours really encourage people with opposing beliefs or who are on the dense to migrate to a more anti Dak position.

You are incorrect in your categorization of my position. But I really don’t have a dog in the fight. But your post is a great example of my original posts about the pro Dak posters being extreme. It’s either something extreme, or a straw man every time.
No, posts like yours are. Posing as being objective while at the same time trashing those who support Dak. Shame.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

You’re not anti Dak? I can’t tell…..

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Stephen A. to give you some good advice
435675761_122137367870145955_1551742609784370175_n.jpg

enjoy. no more tears guys.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Never said he only throws short passes. I said too many times on 3rd and long he leaves a tight read and dumps it off.
it's not just playoffs, it's every tough defense he faces. There's a reason why WRs like Cooper and CeeDee get ticked off, they are open, but no ball.
lol...right man WR getting mad should totally be your barometer..again ill keep it on track, there are no facts showing Dak is a bad passer in the NFL..there are FOR SURE facts saying he has not moved the team forward in the playoffs..along with every other player on the team..including Dez and CD....if you can disput this I'm all ears...

I mean Dez even defends him now..its crazy you have the ultimate con on Dak..he cant get it done in the playoffs..why do you feel the need to make things up? I agree we need move on to players who can get it done in the playoffs..whats wrong the facts?

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
lol...right man WR getting mad should totally be your barometer..again ill keep it on track, there are no facts showing Dak is a bad passer in the NFL..there are FOR SURE facts saying he has not moved the team forward in the playoffs..along with every other player on the team..including Dez and CD....if you can disput this I'm all ears...

I mean Dez even defends him now..its crazy you have the ultimate con on Dak..he cant get it done in the playoffs..why do you feel the need to make things up? I agree we need move on to players who can get it done in the playoffs..whats wrong the facts?
Prima facie, he was a regular season MVP candidate. He just melts down under significant pressure and needs a lot of help to not put the onus on him. Unfortunately is salary demands make that last bit impossible.

kskboys

Reaction score

I know, and it's so amusing to see the swings and misses by the few. They really did not comprehend your post, funny stuff.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
“Different kind of Dak thread”

Proceeds to rile up the same types of arguments that have been going on since 2016.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The only reason "Dak" is a controversial topic is because we have so many haters as Cowboys fans. Dak is a very good QB but the haters would rather get rid of him and face QB purgatory.

Verdict

Reaction score
The only reason "Dak" is a controversial topic is because we have so many haters as Cowboys fans. Dak is a very good QB but the haters would rather get rid of him and face QB purgatory.
I think it’s more along the lines of they are willing to walk through the potential QB draught in hopes of ending up with someone better than Dak. I think they are of the opinion Dak can’t get it done.