Different kind of Dak thread

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think it’s more along the lines of they are willing to walk through the potential QB draught in hopes of ending up with someone better than Dak. I think they are of the opinion Dak can’t get it done.
I'm sure that's true for some. Many of those, but not all, are younger fans who don't remember the QB drought after Troy Aikman's retirement.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
The only reason "Dak" is a controversial topic is because we have so many haters as Cowboys fans. Dak is a very good QB but the haters would rather get rid of him and face QB purgatory.
You "THINK", there are Dak Haters. You've just combined every 'fan' that's suggested moving on from Dak as a Hater.....that's a Binary opinion. A fair number agree that Dak is a very good QB, however, the repeated play-off performances where his composure falters (unlike less pressured regular season games) strongly indicates that his inner psyche/anxiety is going to be a barrier, regardless of how the team is built around him.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You "THINK", there are Dak Haters. You've just combined every 'fan' that's suggested moving on from Dak as a Hater.....that's a Binary opinion. A fair number agree that Dak is a very good QB, however, the repeated play-off performances where his composure falters (unlike less pressured regular season games) strongly indicates that his inner psyche/anxiety is going to be a barrier, regardless of how the team is built around him.
It a very lazy take and extremely condescending. They think it makes them super fans and it just makes them look dumb...or worse. These guys often pull out the "it's not about football"...which is vile.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s very frustrating for all Cowboys fans. Interesting thought though—-if the two Dez catches were catches and we went on to win two SBs would the narrative be different?
This is the thing...the Romo hatin' Dak Ultra Crusader are so quick to blame Romo, when just a couple plays could very well have made a difference. I'll see you Dez and raise you Murray's fumble.

Can we say the same thing about Dak?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
This is the thing...the Romo hatin' Dak Ultra Crusader are so quick to blame Romo, when just a couple plays could very well have made a difference. I'll see you Dez and raise you Murray's fumble.

Can we say the same thing about Dak?
Personally, I don't like the Romo v Dak debate, as it's false flag by outright fans of Dak to create a false agenda.

shabazz

Reaction score
You don’t like it because Dak and Romo have proven to be the same player.
Both have/ had some good qualities.

Daks was low turnovers, durability and good regular season numbers.....but failure in the biggest moments
Romos was high football IQ, good regular season numbers and ability to improvise.......but failure in the biggest moments.

Two different styles but almost exact same results.

2-4 vs 2-5............ take your pick, gentlemen.

shabazz

Reaction score
These guys often pull out the "it's not about football"...which is vile.
As if Antonio Romero Romo was a blue blood from the Hamptons, lol

It's always just about a man performance on the field. Like Antonio Romero said, " the nfl is based on meritocracy "

Let's keep it that way here too.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You don’t like it because Dak and Romo have proven to be the same player.
Not trying to pick on your comment in particular MC but these are the type "blanket statements" that lead us down bad paths.

They are not the same player. Neither have achieved the ultimate goal but neither did Marino or a littany of other QB's. That doesn't make them the same.

They are completely different players in terms of their skills, strengths & weaknesses. It's better to just discuss each as individual players.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not trying to pick on your comment in particular MC but these are the type "blanket statements" that lead us down bad paths.

They are not the same player. Neither have achieved the ultimate goal but neither did Marino or a littany of other QB's. That doesn't make them the same.

They are completely different players in terms of their skills, strengths & weaknesses. It's better to just discuss each as individual players.
As Shabby said, different styles, yes, but essentially the same.

NFL players are constantly compared to one another. Wishing these comparisons away is a lesson in futility.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Both have/ had some good qualities.

Daks was low turnovers, durability and good regular season numbers.....but failure in the biggest moments
Romos was high football IQ, good regular season numbers and ability to improvise.......but failure in the biggest moments.

Two different styles but almost exact same results.

2-4 vs 2-5............ take your pick, gentlemen.
And that’s all I’m saying. No one pro Dak or Pro Romo have a leg to stand on.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

But the results are the same. We haven’t made a NFC championship in 28 years.

As a pro Dak guy I can sit here and admit he’s a playoff failure. We can agree or disagree on why that is but it’s the facts to this point. Not sure why pro Romo guys can’t do the same? They are the same guy. They are not Marino. Marino went to a SB. The fact is they are more alike than not.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As if Antonio Romero Romo was a blue blood from the Hamptons, lol

It's always just about a man performance on the field. Like Antonio Romero said, " the nfl is based on meritocracy "

Let's keep it that way here too.
People didn’t like Romo either…this post NFL career for some reason has helped his rep.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
As Shabby said, different styles, yes, but essentially the same.

NFL players are constantly compared to one another. Wishing these comparisons away is a lesson in futility.
Comparing individuals doesn't tell us anything about why they succeeded or failed in a team sport though. Once the comments about they both failed to win a championship is brought into the comparison, the discussion is no longer about how well the individual played their role.

Comparing can be fun & useful but it needs to be limited to how they individually performed IMO.

McKDaddy

Reaction score

As a pro Dak guy I can sit here and admit he’s a playoff failure. We can agree or disagree on why that is but it’s the facts to this point. Not sure why pro Romo guys can’t do the same? They are the same guy. They are not Marino. Marino went to a SB. The fact is they are more alike than not.
I don't find them to be similar players at all. No more than I find Trent Dilfer to be similar to Marino. But that's not even the point.

It's a distinction that is hard to put into words. I'm just saying if we want meaningful conversations that don't contribute to the polarization of the the topic, we should avoid talking points that are flawed & destined to be polarizing from the beginning.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

thats a fact and I like both QB's but trying to say one is better than the other is false they both failed to move the team along in the playoffs..period...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
thats a fact and I like both QB's but trying to say one is better than the other is false they both failed to move the team along in the playoffs..period...
It’s weird. And if you want to be factual Dak has managed to get his team to the playoffs more times in a smaller time frame. So the fact they can’t even agree they are the same guy is odd to me and always has been.