Different kind of Dak thread

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don't find them to be similar players at all. No more than I find Trent Dilfer to be similar to Marino. But that's not even the point.

It's a distinction that is hard to put into words. I'm just saying if we want meaningful conversations that don't contribute to the polarization of the the topic, we should avoid talking points that are flawed & destined to be polarizing from the beginning.
Its wierd though because the stats over long periods of time for both are pretty similar..when its going good its great..when its going bad and in the playoffs soemthing goes wrong..again i get some like one more than the other but logically the history in the books including the stats show them to be the same guy...

shabazz

Reaction score
And that’s all I’m saying. No one pro Dak or Pro Romo have a leg to stand on.
The shame is that both guys really are good enough to win it all, ability wise......but their own weaknesses and their teams weaknesses have doomed them.

Brad Johnson, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, etc.....couldn't hold Daks or Romos Jocks.

Having said that, I feel sorry for the next QB here........

Redline360

Reaction score
You don’t like it because Dak and Romo have proven to be the same player.
They are not even close to the same type of quarterback. You saying this based upon post season records / success?

If so its almost laughable and not worth engaging people with that mindset as they understand little besides face value stats and espn highlights

foofighters

Reaction score
It’s very frustrating for all Cowboys fans. Interesting thought though—-if the two Dez catches were catches and we went on to win two SBs would the narrative be different?
It would be but a lot of Cowboys fans forget one very important aspect about the Green Bay non Dez catch...

Aaron Rodgers had a ton of time left and our defense was not going to stop him.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
They are not even close to the same type of quarterback. You saying this since based upon post season records / success?
I mean the passing stats show they are real similar...again i get some like one over the other but facts show they are really similar in passing ability..you may not think so but there is really nothing that either one can say "See look this is where one is better"..its more of a personal preference than a provable fact..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alright you got your wish. Putting you on ignore. The first and only person I ever put in there….you got in there before Pappy you should feel proud. Or embarrassed…. :laugh: Maybe these threads won’t get derailed anymore….
Hide on ignore baby.
I don't know how many members you can put on ignore but test it and keep only the few dozen or so Dak lovers left here so you can live your Dak fantasy daily!!!
Go for it baby test the limits of IGNORE!!!!! :muttley:

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They are not even close to the same type of quarterback. You saying this based upon post season records / success?

If so its almost laughable and not worth engaging people with that mindset as they understand little besides face value stats and espn highlights
I’m saying it based on what has been proven. You can argue hypotheticals all you want. But fact is Romo and Dak have been proven to be the same I don’t care what a Romosexual or a Dak Stan says in that regard. When it’s time for a big play to be made during a big game against a formidable opponent it’s the same result

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Hide on ignore baby.
I don't know how many members you can put on ignore but test it and keep only the few dozen or so Dak lovers left here so you can live your Dak fantasy daily!!!
You're next, so say your goodbyes now. I'll see you in the afterlife down under. lmao

Brax

Reaction score
The only reason "Dak" is a controversial topic is because we have so many haters as Cowboys fans. Dak is a very good QB but the haters would rather get rid of him and face QB purgatory.
What is QB purgatory, is it no playoffs or playoff embarrassment, is not winning a lot of games or winning against the bad teams and racking up stats and losing to the better teams and disappearing in those games? I bet if TL was named the starter in 2024 all you Dak fans would be here hating in less than a minute with the guy not talking 1snap. Just so you know what QB purgatory is, it’s no SB appearances in this century and sticking with QBs who fail miserably come playoff time. You don’t stick with a big game losers and you don’t give them 3rd contracts. Dak has proven he is a QB that wilts when it counts and why the Dak lovers are afraid of the unknown and would rather watch embarrassing losses is beyond my understanding. You all must have jobs that reward failure or must be family members who low performance doesn’t matter.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
What is QB purgatory, is it no playoffs or playoff embarrassment, is not winning a lot of games or winning against the bad teams and racking up stats and losing to the better teams and disappearing in those games? I bet if TL was named the starter in 2024 all you Dak fans would be here hating in less than a minute with the guy talking 1snap. Just so you know what QB purgatory is, it’s no SB appearances in this century and sticking with QBs who fail miserably come playoff time. You don’t stick with a big game losers and you don’t give them 3rd contracts. Dak has proven he is a QB that wilts when it counts and why the Dak lovers are afraid of the unknown and would rather watch embarrassing losses is beyond my understanding. You all must have jobs that reward failure or must be family members who low performance doesn’t matter.
Some posters just want to stick with Dak because, well, there isn't anyone else that can do what he does, and finding one will not be fun to watch losing games. People that are stuck and don't believe in change will stagnate until proven wrong, time and time again.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hide on ignore baby.

Naw I gotta see you dudes when has success….i love to see yall scatter like roaches lol. 5star is just weird and creepy he had to go on ignore. Creepy like in a can’t be within 500 yards of a school type creepy I couldn’t do it no more.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know my fellow members loved me
Stand behind me come what may, mmm!
I know now that I'm ready, yeah!
For I finally read them say

It's a different thread
Than the ones you came from
Yes, it is now, yeah!

Here's our chance to read it, HEY!
And if we focus on our goal
You can dish it, we can heed it, HEY!
Just remember that you've been told

IT'S A DIFFERENT THREAD! (It's a different thread)
IT'S A DIFFERENT THREAD! (It's a different thread)
Yeah! Than the ones you came from Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh!
THAN THE ONES YOU CAME FROM!

~With apologies to the late great Aretha Franklin

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Naw I gotta see you dudes when has success….i love to see yall scatter like roaches lol. 5star is just weird and creepy he had to go on ignore. Creepy like in a can’t be within 500 yards of a school type creepy I couldn’t do it no more.
200w.gif

Opps let me put in the machine another 300 million for 5 years of..................
waiting-for-help-waiting.gif

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As Shabby said, different styles, yes, but essentially the same.

NFL players are constantly compared to one another. Wishing these comparisons away is a lesson in futility.
Not even close to "essentially the same" what a very lazy take.

"well they didn't win playoffs and super bowl"? automatically means they are "same" player?

Foolishness Absolute inane foolishness and it has nothing to do with favoritism or skin color...as some would have it.

If anyone thinks dak and romo are "the same player" they have no business being taken seriously on football knowledge.