Different kind of Dak thread

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
And I just asked what do you offer?
I'm just voicing my displeasure with Dak. What do you want me to offer?

Would you feel better if I said I want Dak on the Cowboys for 4 or more years? If so, you are going to be really disappointed. So, here is what I will offer, Dak sucks as a QB, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm just voicing my displeasure with Dak. What do you want me to offer?

Would you feel better if I said I want Dak on the Cowboys for 4 or more years? If so, you are going to be really disappointed. So, here is what I will offer, Dak sucks as a QB, put that in your pipe and smoke it.
I didn’t see you say anything about Dak bad or good. You’re just addressing me. You seem to worry more about me then Dak and it’s weird…..

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I didn’t see you say anything about Dak bad or good. You’re just addressing me. You seem to worry more about me then Dak and it’s weird…..
Oh, well, I'm so sorry if I offended you. However, I am a little worried about you. Are you OK if I keep posting in this thread, or do you want me to leave the thread?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh, well, I'm so sorry if I offended you. However, I am a little worried about you. Are you OK if I keep posting in this thread, or do you want me to leave the thread?
Do whatever your brain tells you to do…..if it tells you to stick to the topic go ahead. If it tells you to keep harassing me go ahead lol.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Do whatever your brain tells you to do…..if it tells you to stick to the topic go ahead. If it tells you to keep harassing me go ahead lol.
I don't mean to harass you, but if you feel like I'm picking on you, there is a feature called "ignore" at your disposal.

Dak sucks as a QB.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I have been thinking about the Dak divide of this fan base. I have referred to it in other threads. But one thing I notice that really hasn’t been discussed with any sort of depth is the analysis of the schools of thought regarding the various positions.

For instance you have the pro-Dak, anti Dak’s and those in between. Obviously there is evidence to support the anti-Dak crowd’s position. And it rationally follows that there is a reasonable basis for those that are somewhere in between.

But what I have a harder time understanding are the die hard Dak proponents that want Dak re-signed for essentially whatever he wants. There is obviously no merit to a point of view that refuses to acknowledge that at times Dak has played pretty poorly, especially big/important/playoff games. I don’t see how anyone could allege the contrary with a straight face.

They act like the entire Cowboys organization would cease to exist if Dak isn’t signed at whatever cost it takes. How does a person come to such a conclusion? Blind fandom? Fourteen years old with a complete lack of objectivity? A lack of understanding of the salary cap? Inability to reason?

I’m not trying to insult posters with that viewpoint. What makes the pro-Dak crowd ignore what most people consider relevant facts to come to their conclusions. It seems like these posters are the most entrenched in vitriol towards other posters as well?

What makes people be so hateful over discussions on a message board? It is as if someone else’s opinion amounts to an attack on the player directly, or a direct affront to the pro-Dak crowd.

I’m not saying that people are not entitled to their opinions one way or the other. That’s what makes this place great. I just marvel at the lack of civility here at times over simple discussion.

To be clear, I am not saying the anti-Dak crowd is right and the pro-Dak crowd is wrong (and I really don’t have a dog in this fight) but it’s hard for me to fathom that the pro-Dak crowd can’t at least understand why the pro-Dak crowd can’t at least see why the anti-Dak crowd has soured on Dak.

I think most of the anti-Dak crowd understands and acknowledges that Dak has some positive traits and has done some good things but have, for various reasons, come to the conclusion that Dak isn’t the guy from their point of view.

It would be nice if this topic can be discussed here calmly and rationally without this thread devolving into chaos and vitriol. Thanks in advance.
Agreed, I've said a few times on this board I would take Dak back at 20 million a year. I was roundly criticized...lol. That's all I think he's worth, others say the market price for a QB is X and we just have to pay that.

I think he's worth 7-8% of the cap, not 23%.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Agreed, I've said a few times on this board I would take Dak back at 20 million a year. I was roundly criticized...lol. That's all I think he's worth, others say the market price for a QB is X and we just have to pay that.

I would like Dak back for 20 mill a year, but only for one year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

You were probably criticized for thinking Dak would take 20 million a year. You can think what you want about what he's worth but the fact is no 2nd Team all Pro is taking 20 million a year. Its stupidity and they'd probably intervene and be concerned he has CTE.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
a72d3bc57f144dcef60b1a1fef366c3d554ae435333967280202c0a5e515f022_1.jpg
wow...you lost. I should be paying you for living in my head....rent free. awsome. I am way ahead. WOOWHOOO

Dak in your head 24x7x60x60..... you can't eat, drink, sleep, walk, sit....without thinking Dak.... :thumbup:
you will cease to exist when Dak is gone.....your end is near...poof :eek:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We had same crap and divide with Romo.

Shoot, we have some fans who still support our owner. Not so shocking some would support Dak.

Actually I think Dak provides a better shot at winning than our owner.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
You were probably criticized for thinking Dak would take 20 million a year. You can think what you want about what he's worth but the fact is no 2nd Team all Pro is taking 20 million a year. Its stupidity and they'd probably intervene and be concerned he has CTE.
Correction, I didn't say that is what he would take, I said that is what I would be willing to pay, if it were up to me :)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s time to go to school again. Now the other day I had to teach you what hyperbole meant. Do you need me to do the same today with false narrative? Or do you think it means “lying”?
And you don't know what you are talking about. "Class"? you must have skipped a bunch of them.

By the way...for the sake of conversation...say you are right. what real difference does it make? Lies, hyperbole, false narratives...might techincally have different meanings...fine whatever. But end of the day they are all meant to mislead.
You wanna harp on technicalities...ignoring the crap you did, and are still doing.

"Nobody"...means not ONE. Then you later admitted maybe there was (at least) one. There are of course more than one. Either way...you were WRONG yet again. Amazing!