Different kind of Dak thread

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Agreed, I've said a few times on this board I would take Dak back at 20 million a year. I was roundly criticized...lol. That's all I think he's worth, others say the market price for a QB is X and we just have to pay that.

I think he's worth 7-8% of the cap, not 23%.
Dak would be worth 40 million or more if the management knew how to build a team.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
very strange that it hurts guys/gals' feelings if you don't like dakie. wow, just wow. I don't care if you wear dak on your head. sheesh....

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If he agrees to a trade, I'll agree with you 100%

The Dak debate has been over for years now....2-5
there was never a debate only some here shifting blame...get ready its about to shift to the next villian behind center..."I keep takin the pills from the Dr. and nothing is working...damn pills"...."Who is the Dr?"..."He is a plumber but he swears he is a good Dr."

Chasing6

Reaction score
If he agrees to a trade, I'll agree with you 100%

The Dak debate has been over for years now....2-5
Dak is not getting traded. He is not getting benched. Figure it out already.

Jerry has no cards. Zero.

Mikexike

Reaction score
The problem is everyone is watching and judging Dak differently cause we see things with our own eyes and thats why its a great debate.

My problem with Dak is more about not being able to handle the pressure, Bad decision making, holding on to the ball etc.... I can't see him winning Head to head vs Mahomes or Burrow even if he got to the super bowl. The worst part he can't even get past these other NFC teams with QB's on par with him and thats a problem. I get our def sucks but when they give up a TD and your own QB can't match that then we have a problem. He can fix that if he doesn't panic.... maybe he needs to take relaxers before the game? :huh:

So in conclusion, I'm ready to go through the trials and tribulations of finding the next QB.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Sure, but it better describes the root of our problem. There’s been one constant in 21st Century regardless who are QB is.
lol. But what is the solution to the problem?

I have no idea, but even if Jerra eats worms, his son is not going to be any better. The Dallas Cowboys have turned into a clown show. Pay the pretty clowns so the crowd will like you and want you to buy some balloons while you're here. Just put on a show.

Jerry Jones does not need anymore money or a SuperBowl, he is just making fools like me and others...but as long as he pays the pretty clowns, it's all good, even if they get tired or scared before performing on the big stage.

So, sometime there is a solution to a problem, there always is. However, it will never happen, and that is for Jerry to sell the team. lol

Pay Dak, CD, and Parsons big money, three circus clowns.

I'll just grab a guitar and a bowl of devil's weed, and play my blues away...
from a Cowboy that has never rode a horse.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I have no idea, but even if Jerra eats worms, his son is not going to be any better. The Dallas Cowboys have turned into a clown show. Pay the pretty clowns so the crowd will like you and want you to buy some balloons while you're here. Just put on a show.

Jerry Jones does not need anymore money or a SuperBowl, he is just making fools like me and others...but as long as he pays the pretty clowns, it's all good, even if they get tired before performing on the big stage.

So, sometime there is a solution to a problem, there always is. However, it will never happen, and that is for Jerry to sell the team. lol

Yea, I think this owner would even screw it up with an Elite QB. We have a toxic atmosphere.

I don’t look for anymore success until Jethro is gone. And hopefully his kids will hire someone to be GM. That’s basically our only hope.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The problem is everyone is watching and judging Dak differently cause we see things with our own eyes and thats why its a great debate.

My problem with Dak is more about not being able to handle the pressure, Bad decision making, holding on to the ball etc.... I can't see him winning Head to head vs Mahomes or Burrow even if he got to the super bowl. The worst part he can't even get past these other NFC teams with QB's on par with him and thats a problem. I get our def sucks but when they give up a TD and your own QB can't match that then we have a problem. He can fix that if he doesn't panic.... maybe he needs to take relaxers before the game? :huh:

So in conclusion, I'm ready to go through the trials and tribulations of finding the next QB.
We have been going through trials and tribulations with GM Jethro.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Jerry Jones does not need anymore money or a SuperBowl, he is just making fools like me and others...but as long as he pays the pretty clowns, it's all good, even if they get tired or scared before performing on the big stage.

I agree 100%, i have rode horses..now pass that to your left and its puff puff not puff puff puff....

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Completion % has nothing to do with accuracy?
If you read my original post you'll see that Daks downfall will be the stray bullets. It's one thing to make a bad throw, but it's another thing to miss wildly. It doesn't end well.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If you read my original post you'll see that Daks downfall will be the stray bullets. It's one thing to make a bad throw, but it's another thing to miss wildly. It doesn't end well.
I guess you missed the stats about the margin of error on QB's as well. Or did you just choose to ignore it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Personally I think Dak and Romo have propped up more of a bottom tier ran franchise with QB’s like Quincy, Manziel and Lynch.

We can only hope our next franchise QB falls into their lap.
thats the truth but dont worry this time the GM is mad....holding people accountable...letting backups go...you know he is figuring it out in year 29 at age 82...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
all QB's miss passes you get thats why they use comp% ....on 5 passes it doesnt work well.... on 1000+ well then now your saying he is the luckiest QB ever..is that what your saying?

Mikexike

Reaction score
How much of his completion percentage required acrobatic circus catches from the WR and TE's?

plasticman

Reaction score
I was in favor of his last contract but not this next one. That's not to say I'm now anti-Dak. You could say that I'm anti-Dak's agent.

I don't understand how you give someone a "raise" after not accomplishing the goal that justified giving him his last raise. Moreover, why does the market value a 9 year veteran that was given elite tools like an All-Pro offensive line, a league leading RB, and plethora of Pro Bowl receivers but still couldn't get it done with multiple opportunities.

Granted he didn't have all of this every season but certainly enough to come away with playing in at least one conference championship game.

The Cowboys had their share of heartbreakers, which team doesn't? However, elimination in the wildcard or division round all five opportunities isn't a trend. It is a plateau.

What frustrates me the most, what makes me want to scream "WHY!" more than anything else concerning the QB position for the Dallas Cowboys is this:

Why is there never any open competition for the starting QB position ever? Why is the starting QB given so much comfort and job security? Why is this franchise's management so sensitive to the starter's feelings of insecurity that they don't bring in another QB capable of pushing him to get better or get out?

Why is drafting a QB somewhere in the 1st three rounds of the draft considered a threat?

I'm not talking about signing another veteran to a wasteful contract, I'm talking about drafting a future viable alternative every third season. It would not waste money because the leverage of having another alternative would drastically reduce the starter's contract demands.

Fans are upset at Dak. His contract situation is not the real problem, merely a symptom of the real problem. That real problem is incompetence and lack of practical experience at the GM level. Jerry Jones doesn't have decades of experience and success at all the levels prior to reaching GM. He has no credentials.

Worse, he has no vision, no innovative blueprint for success. He typically just floats around, attempting to copy success elsewhere. However, he simply lacks the talent to evaluate and respond to football related issues. These contracts are his mess.