Diggs has to step up his game

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I wish there was a way to put you badasses in front of Kittles coming downhill at you. Stephon is 6/1 195 lbs Kittles is 6/4 250.

Yeah yeah we know You guys would sign up to hit him, We know

Just shut up with the tough guy act

RonWashington

Reaction score
What Diggs brings is elite ball skills, which not many possess. He does need to play with more aggression against the run or teams will expose him.

In the Tampa playoff game Mike Evans shoved him aside as if he was cutting the chow line . It was shocking .

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
To me Diggs is a cornerstone with 11 and Bland possibly Sam Williams and Armstrong , younger players you build with . Man picked off 11 passes in a season that’s nothing to blow off .

But this second half 2022 man is possibly protecting an injury that’s not been revealed because while DaRon Bland is getting physical with receivers making it known he’s in the neighborhood Diggs has a vacancy sign on his lawn when it comes to contact . And that interception that clanged off his chest deep in Dallas territory Sunday is not to be believed .

In exit interviews as players leave town I hope Al Harris a physical DB in his own right has a straight talk with Diggs and his play is under scrutiny.
to me, we let Diggs walk. he wasn't shut down corner. he can't tackle and he was as much at fault for not cashing in on opportunities to impact the game. he is going to want high dollars, elite money and he is not worth it. you let him walk for a large contract somewhere else, you take the 3rd round pick that would be awarded and you go draft a CB, one that at least is willing to tackle.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
He seemed off for awhile this season and highlighted by his performance in the 49 game.

Not even with the lack of picks, seemed out of focus or something. Maybe he had some type of hidden injury.

Hard to say but he has to make those available plays.

RonWashington

Reaction score
When you think about the bombs that went off this year Christian Watson GB then The Jax game to be specific it was Brown and Joseph who were being left in the dust trails of 6 points ….Diggs has got his side of the field covered .

Resigning him to a new contract will undoubtedly happen in Dallas . He needs to be more aggressive in other CB aspects like Tackling although Deion never met a tackle he was doing back flips over .

RonWashington

Reaction score
I wish there was a way to put you badasses in front of Kittles coming downhill at you. Stephon is 6/1 195 lbs Kittles is 6/4 250.

Yeah yeah we know You guys would sign up to hit him, We know

Just shut up with the tough guy act

I guess when you sign up for the NFL and the TE is juggling the ball like an Ed Sullivan warm up act DB’s have the option to pick and choose when they want to get involved . I missed that strategy session .

:facepalm:

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
To me Diggs is a cornerstone with 11 and Bland possibly Sam Williams and Armstrong , younger players you build with . Man picked off 11 passes in a season that’s nothing to blow off .

But this second half 2022 man is possibly protecting an injury that’s not been revealed because while DaRon Bland is getting physical with receivers making it known he’s in the neighborhood Diggs has a vacancy sign on his lawn when it comes to contact . And that interception that clanged off his chest deep in Dallas territory Sunday is not to be believed .

In exit interviews as players leave town I hope Al Harris a physical DB in his own right has a straight talk with Diggs and his play is under scrutiny.
I just need him to stay at home more and choose better moments to go for the steal.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Apparently he was the last one in the lockerrrom after the loss with a towel over his head. Hopefully the loss humbles him and ignites a new drive for him to be better.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
I agree. It took Diggs 3 seasons to get 17 INT.
Dak did it in 14 games.
He definitely needs to step it up.

Seriously though, if he had blown Kittle up, they would have flagged him for the defenseless receiver rule and it would have been a long penalty and a first down anyway.
I don't think he made a business decision. I honestly think the rules have created an environment where guys are afraid to hit a receiver in that situation. I understand people disagree with me and that's fine but I don't think he was afraid to hit Kittle. In that scenario, Diggs could have killed him. Kittle was the one hung out, Diggs was risking nothing by blowing him up. other than a huge penalty.

On the dropped INT--that ball got tipped at the LOS. That was a bang bang play with a deflected ball. Those are tougher than most people realize to catch at game speed.
it was not a gift wrapped spiral that hit him in the chest like the one that Greenlaw dropped from Dak. I agree he should have caught it, but it was tougher than people think.
Pretty sure the defenseless receiver rule would only come into play if there was head contact. You are perfectly legal to blow someone up after they touch the ball and bobble it.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Pretty sure the defenseless receiver rule would only come into play if there was head contact. You are perfectly legal to blow someone up after they touch the ball and bobble it.
this is how the rule is written. Point 2 seems to support my point--at least from my perspective. Kittle had not established possession yet but was still trying to.
Kittle was still trying to establish possession and couldnt have "warded off the impending contact" because his focus was on the ball. Diggs only option was to make a play on the ball, blowing him up would have likely resulted in a penalty.

That said I could be reading it totally wrong. that's one of the things that is so frustrating about the game today. Even the "black and white" rules seem to have a lot of vaguery. LOL

It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.

1. Players in a defenseless posture are:
    1. A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass (passing posture)
    2. A receiver attempting to catch a pass who has not had time to clearly become a runner. If the player is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
this is how the rule is written. Point 2 seems to support my point--at least from my perspective. Kittle had not established possession yet but was still trying to.
Kittle was still trying to establish possession and couldnt have "warded off the impending contact" because his focus was on the ball. Diggs only option was to make a play on the ball, blowing him up would have likely resulted in a penalty.

That said I could be reading it totally wrong. that's one of the things that is so frustrating about the game today. Even the "black and white" rules seem to have a lot of vaguery. LOL

It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.

1. Players in a defenseless posture are:
    1. A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass (passing posture)
    2. A receiver attempting to catch a pass who has not had time to clearly become a runner. If the player is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player
That's wack but I guess I am wrong

BoysForLife

Reaction score
That's wack but I guess I am wrong
that's the thing bro, I'm not even certain in my own interpretation.
the rules are that fuzzy sometimes. I'm just making the point, I don't even know if the players know when it's ok to wreck someone or not anymore.

Diggs could have very well made a business decision.
but it wouldn't surprise me if he was hesitant to hit him for fear of a penalty, fine etc.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
EVERYBODY NEED TO GO WATCH HANGIN WITH THE BOYS. They are killing it in SPADES! They're saying exactly what's wrong with this team. Pro Dak-anti Dak. They are firing- no gloves fist fight!!!

btgboys41

Reaction score

Good post. I’d like to see the same thing but I just think Diggs is not as key a player and I certainly wouldn’t advise the team to pay him as a top CB. I’d gladly upgrade the defensive line and take a downgrade at cb. Now that’s just hypotheticals. They should be able to improve both areas including in the way you suggest with Diggs getting better.

But I think the team is better built with stronger lines on both sides if we had to prioritize. Good D tackles and Ends seem to improve secondary play just like good O lines improve receivers and RBs, whereas I don’t see the same in the reverse scenario.

In the end I agree with you but I just don’t want the bank broken paying this CB.