Diggs has to step up his game

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Daniel Jones led the league in turnovers. They get the new coach. Jones had 5 turn overs this season. Yea. Daniel Jones:facepalm: Get Dak some coaching help!!!

RonWashington

Reaction score
You get Diggs one more year in his current deal . Given how the season went Jerry needs to stay away from extending anyone . Let 23 play out . Mukuamu to me is more valuable to this team as a CB opposite Diggs with Bland in the slot . If either Brown or Lewis are back next year that’s gravy .

Nashon Wright KJ as premium picks which to me rounds 1-3 are premium should be starting players are nowhere other then an occasional ST play . That hurts the secondary and guarantees a corner selected next April .

nobody

Reaction score
You don’t let go off a valuable piece on a cheap contract, you trade him to some idiot
If you don't think he's worth keeping because he refuses contact, who would be dumb enough to trade for him? They have eyes too.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Didn't he only play 1 year at cb at Alabama? He needs to bulk up. He dosent seem to be used to tackling.

visionary

Reaction score
If you don't think he's worth keeping because he refuses contact, who would be dumb enough to trade for him? They have eyes too.
Because GMs fall in love with speed and splash plays all the time but that’s not the way to build a physical defense

J_Allen

Reaction score
What would a trade bring
I'm thinking a first at least. I'm not giving this guy big money so that means he's leaving after next season.

I'm not running things but that's how I would do it. I'm pretty sure Jimmy would as well.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I guess a team might give Dallas a one but they would have to be sure they could extend him , they aren’t renting a CB for a 1 .

J_Allen

Reaction score
I guess a team might give Dallas a one but they would have to be sure they could extend him , they aren’t renting a CB for a 1 .
Yep, that would have to be negotiated beforehand. I definitely want him out asap.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Funny thing is...if you are going to make business decisions...the Kittle play is where you do it; not considering game situation...

There was a very good chance Diggs breaks a collar bone being undersized and trying to tackle a TE going full speed head on. Add to it that if he took a more direct angle...he could have been bulldozed by not only Kittle but 300+ pound Gallimore going full speed.

I am not making excuses for the fella. Just saying that the situation was a bad one for an undersized player to be in.

Dallas held Deebo, McCaffery, Ayuko(sp), Mitchell to few yards...so the secondary is doing something good.

I would be curious to see what the experts say on Diggs. Is a couple of business decisions a game digestible if the player is regularly holding the DeMarr Chase' of the NFL to few catches/yards a game? Or do you flip Diggs now that you have Bland playing good and Brown, Lewis, Bossman, Wright and Mukuamu competing for the other starting spot.

Mukuamu seems to play like Donavan Wilson...just out to lay the wood.
There is s very good chance ANY one of these players dedicated to the most physical contact team sport on the planet Earth get hurt during ANY play. Stop making excuses for Diggs. If he wants to play football - THEN PLAY for chissake. Otherwise, take up ballet. Don’t hang out your team by being a ******.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
I said at the end of last season, the problems Diggs showed were minimized because he had an outlier year for INTs. This season, he had 3 - he wasn't making big highlight plays to distract from his flaws.

Good player, not great. I put him there with the likes of Cromartie. Nose for the ball but he will frustrate us with the plays he gives up.
‘Nose for the ball’ - but only when it’s in the air. After that - DOORMAT!

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
When you think about the bombs that went off this year Christian Watson GB then The Jax game to be specific it was Brown and Joseph who were being left in the dust trails of 6 points ….Diggs has got his side of the field covered .

Resigning him to a new contract will undoubtedly happen in Dallas . He needs to be more aggressive in other CB aspects like Tackling although Deion never met a tackle he was doing back flips over .
Say that - but even when Dieon threw a shoulder … the MFer with the ball actually got HIT.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
To me Diggs is a cornerstone with 11 and Bland possibly Sam Williams and Armstrong , younger players you build with . Man picked off 11 passes in a season that’s nothing to blow off .

But this second half 2022 man is possibly protecting an injury that’s not been revealed because while DaRon Bland is getting physical with receivers making it known he’s in the neighborhood Diggs has a vacancy sign on his lawn when it comes to contact . And that interception that clanged off his chest deep in Dallas territory Sunday is not to be believed .

In exit interviews as players leave town I hope Al Harris a physical DB in his own right has a straight talk with Diggs and his play is under scrutiny.
He needs to tackle

FanofJerry

Reaction score
There is s very good chance ANY one of these players dedicated to the most physical contact team sport on the planet Earth get hurt during ANY play. Stop making excuses for Diggs. If he wants to play football - THEN PLAY for chissake. Otherwise, take up ballet. Don’t hang out your team by being a ******.
You would trade right now? Or let him walk?