Diggs Passer Rating Stat!

mmohican29

Reaction score
Well he got beat for two touchdowns yesterday. Lawrence saved him on one, and Hooker bailed him out on the other. Wilson was 5 yards past him on both.
I'm not sure on the Hooker Int. Looks like Man-2 coverage- Wilson did get behind Diggs a bit, but Trevon seemed to know Malik would be there: he showed no panic nor recovery urgency.

Almost like they might have set a trap for an inexperienced QB?

JBS

Reaction score
So, you thought that play Diggs bit hard on and left the JET's receiver wide open for what would have been a TD, if not the play of his D-Lineman tipping the QB's arm was a great beastly play on Diggs' part????????????????????? Diggs is still learning and growing as a CB and deserves some love from JJ, but not the type of love he thinks he's owed, at least not yet.
What a dumb post Lolol.

JBS

Reaction score
Although I was all for paying Diggs, the passer rating against him might look a little different if Hooker had not read the QB star=ing down Wilson and come over for the interception or if Lawrence had not hit the QB's arm on another throw. As usual, it's a team game and team play is reflected in individual achievement.
Yeah they don’t have what if stats

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yeah they don’t have what if stats
That's why stats don't tell the whole story. Sometimes corner's success has more to do with other players than his own play. And on those two plays, Diggs did not give up TDs because of Lawrence and Hooker. That's how good D is supposed to work.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
That one play Diggs got juked out of his shoes, but D-Law helped him by tipping the ball so it came out as a duck.
I may be just an over-the-top fan or something, but I believe Diggs would've jumped up (with his ridiculous vertical) and intercepted that ball. But that's just me

gimmesix

Reaction score
I'm not sure on the Hooker Int. Looks like Man-2 coverage- Wilson did get behind Diggs a bit, but Trevon seemed to know Malik would be there: he showed no panic nor recovery urgency.

Almost like they might have set a trap for an inexperienced QB?
Think Hooker was playing single-high. He rightly chose to help with the go route, but as Romo pointed out, Wilson was staring down Wilson on that one.

gimmesix

Reaction score
So, you thought that play Diggs bit hard on and left the JET's receiver wide open for what would have been a TD, if not the play of his D-Lineman tipping the QB's arm was a great beastly play on Diggs' part????????????????????? Diggs is still learning and growing as a CB and deserves some love from JJ, but not the type of love he thinks he's owed, at least not yet.
On that play, I wonder if if it would have been a TD. I know Romo said that Wilson was open and he had created some separation, but it looked to me like Diggs was in position to try to undercut the throw before he adjusted to try to catch the ball after Lawrence hit Wilson's arm. I mean, I think a good throw still beats him there, but Diggs is very good at undercutting routes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because you have to field a competitive team around them and have to pay the LT premium money as well

Cant do all thus with a salary cap

There is a reason the Chiefs let their WRs walk, there is a reason Philly did not want to pay Slay and he resigned for a 10 mill bonus. Because these GMs understand what you are having a tough time grasping: cant pay everyone
I did not say pay "everyone". I said why can't you pay 4 or 5 people? And your answer is....because the Chiefs let Tyreke walk. That was their arrogance. They offered Tyreke a contract that would've made him one of the highest paid receivers and he didn't take it. Cowboys have managed to field a competitive because of guys on cheap deals. A lot of these guys won't even be here 2 or 3 years from now. Lawrence, Tyron, Gilmore, Cooks, Armstrong........probably even more than that.

mmohican29

Reaction score
On that play, I wonder if if it would have been a TD. I know Romo said that Wilson was open and he had created some separation, but it looked to me like Diggs was in position to try to undercut the throw before he adjusted to try to catch the ball after Lawrence hit Wilson's arm. I mean, I think a good throw still beats him there, but Diggs is very good at undercutting routes.
And that's the positive of having a Diggs.

Nobody is absolutely sure what he's capable of athletically, so if you think you got him- F around and find out.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Diggs is one who has earned it. Gallup is the one robbing the cowboys right now. He was poor last year and he is still not performing.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Unfortunately, he would have been toast on that play. Also, Diggs look way out of position on Hooker's interception too.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
On Good Morning Football on the NFL Network this morning, Jason McCourtney (who played DB in the NFL for over 10 seasons), gave his top 5 DB’s so far this season. His #1 DB so far this season is Trevon Diggs.

McCourtney said he’s been pretty good in previous season… but this season, Diggs has been playing great and has been the best in the league.

So, a long time DB in the league seems to think Diggs is playing great.