Diggs Passer Rating Stat!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Unfortunately, he would have been toast on that play. Also, Diggs look way out of position on Hooker's interception too.
Maybe. Going back and watching it, Wilson certainly shook him, but we don't know what kind of throw the other Wilson would have made. Diggs was breaking toward the sideline before he stopped and tried to make a play on the ball after Lawrence hit Wilson's arm.

I just think it is important to realize that most of the time when DBs look great, there are plays like this where someone else actually saved the day. Rarely do you see DBs with great numbers on a bad defense, especially now when the rules do not favor them.

visionary

Reaction score
They can sign all 4.
I did not say pay "everyone". I said why can't you pay 4 or 5 people? And your answer is....because the Chiefs let Tyreke walk. That was their arrogance. They offered Tyreke a contract that would've made him one of the highest paid receivers and he didn't take it. Cowboys have managed to field a competitive because of guys on cheap deals. A lot of these guys won't even be here 2 or 3 years from now. Lawrence, Tyron, Gilmore, Cooks, Armstrong........probably even more than that.
I didn’t say we cant pay 4-5 people

I said we cant pay 5 players at the level we will have to pay these guys and still build a team around them that has the personnel and depth to compete for a SB

Yeah, we can live in a pie in the sky ‘why cant we’ world but its not realistic and i like to face facts not live in la la land

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I didn’t say we cant pay 4-5 people

I said we cant pay 5 players at the level we will have to pay these guys and still build a team around them that has the personnel and depth to compete for a SB

Yeah, we can live in a pie in the sky ‘why cant we’ world but its not realistic and i like to face facts not live in la la land
So you also know what the salary cap will be next year or the year after? And the Cowboys don’t….visionary strikes again.

Reactions: G2

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Diggs takes risks, too many if you asked me, feels like he's pressing in order to get a pick and join the defensive feeding frenzy and justify the ginormous contract. Luckily for him the QB either didn't see the open receiver or a DL was screwing up the pass.

And the answer is believe Romo, he's not lying.
This. Diggs got beat several times for potential game changers yet got lucky for several reasons. Not one of his best games to be honest.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This. Diggs got beat several times for potential game changers yet got lucky for several reasons. Not one of his best games to be honest.
Again, things that never happened? Is the the NFL Minority Report?

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
He’s not a shutdown corner per say…. But he’s very good coverage guy that takes some chances…. But makes game changing plays.

The opposite to that was a guy like Byron jones.

Obviously you want to combine the guys…. But there aren’t many guys like that out there.

I’ll take diggs and his play making ability any day of the week

zeke21

Reaction score
Part of what makes this defence elite is that they have several playmakers.. and I also think they have a huge amount of trust in the offence.. so they are hyper aggressive and going for turnovers with every play. Whilst I don't think they want to give up points.. I think they aren't particularly worried if they get busted a couple of times a game.. the focus is on winning the turnover battle.. making the QB feel pressure and forcing mistakes through panic. So far.. it is working really well.

They are also one of the few defences that can play that aggressively.. knowing that they have a top 5 rated offence trotting out to rack up points. Lethal combination imho. Most other 'elite' defences are trying to protect offences that routinely score sub 15 a game and can't control the clock.

I am super pumped to see where this season takes us.. including Diggs.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Romo claimed Wilson beat diggs like a drum. Who to believe?
Regardless... No shame in losing a battle to him. I would love to have Wilson on our team. Dude is a blazer. One of the biggest losers in the Aaron Rodgers injury. He was heading to a great year if he didn't have to rely on Zach Wilson.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Some of y’all didn’t want to pay this guy

This guy is a straight up beast and it’s mind boggling people in here don’t even know it

In all due respect were you all on his play last year, and the new contract? If so, great on you because you saw something many of us didn't. That being said, I hated his play last year and was against the new contract, lol, but his play has proven most were totally wrong

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
But it can be said that he knew he had safety help. Thus made it look like he got beat.
not when at the snap Hooker was on the other side of the field hash mark...that wasn't help, he just made a great play to get there, Diggs was beat like a drum....AGAIN!

JBS

Reaction score
In all due respect were you all on his play last year, and the new contract? If so, great on you because you saw something many of us didn't. That being said, I hated his play last year and was against the new contract, lol, but his play has proven most were totally wrong
Excuse me? You hated his play last year? Haha. What a joke. I’ve been Diggs biggest fan since the day we’ve drafted him and I’ve never wavered in my support. And of course I advocated for his extension. He’s the second best player on the defense and a top 4-5 player on the entire team. People were talking poorly of him every year for different reasons.

You lot are too thick to understand player development. This guy oozes talent, he’s been playing cb for 4 years of his life and he’s developed into an elite cover corner. You have to be blind to not see the progression coming ahead of time.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Excuse me? You hated his play last year? Haha. What a joke. I’ve been Diggs biggest fan since the day we’ve drafted him and I’ve never wavered in my support. And of course I advocated for his extension. He’s the second best player on the defense and a top 4-5 player on the entire team. People were talking poorly of him every year for different reasons.

You lot are too thick to understand player development. This guy oozes talent, he’s been playing cb for 4 years of his life and he’s developed into an elite cover corner. You have to be blind to not see the progression coming ahead of time.
Development? Seriously? He played for a contract last year, nothing more and nothing less. He avoided contact, and if you actually watched him play there is no argument. Up until last year there is no doubt he was elite, but the critique of him was not debatable. Fortunately he proved me, and millions of others who were not happy with his decision to not engage tackles which led to him being accused of just playing for a contract Outside of this his play was as to be expected.

His play this year is All Pro, and a massive part of our success so far,. Don't be a homer, be an objective fan and you will see the light

Last edited:

JBS

Reaction score
Development? Seriously? He played for a contract last year, nothing more and nothing less. He avoided contact, and if you actually watched him play there is no argument. Up until last year there is no doubt he was elite, but the critique of him was not debatable. If you see last year as another year of him developing then you clearly have no clue about what you are talking about. Fortunately he proved me, and millions of others who were not happy with his decision to not engage tackles which led to him being accused of just playing for a contract Outside of this his play was to be expected.

His play this year is All Pro, and a massive part of our success so far,. Don't be a homer, be an objective fan and you will see the light
You are clueless. The leaps he made in coverage from 2 years ago to last year was massive. Of course the critique over his tackling and physically are justified, but he was a lockdown corner still learning how to cover at the time and was showing massive improvement. If you didn’t notice the improvement on his cover skills last year, you don’t know what you are watching. Like many others on here. He was significantly better player last year than 2 years ago and he was damn good 2 years ago.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I'm a huge Diggs guy, I was happy we signed him.
However, if Rogers was playing on that Hooker pick, that was a TD for Garrett Wilson.
He beat Diggs like a drum on that play and it was because Zach put way too much air under the ball that it got picked. With AR that was an easy TD.
Well Rogers had a wide open guy across the middle on the play he was injured. If he had just gotten rid of the ball when he should have he would still be playing!

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
You are clueless. The leaps he made in coverage from 2 years ago to last year was massive. Of course the critique over his tackling and physically are justified, but he was a lockdown corner still learning how to cover at the time and was showing massive improvement. If you didn’t notice the improvement on his cover skills last year, you don’t know what you are watching. Like many others on here. He was significantly better player last year than 2 years ago and he was damn good 2 years ago.
Nobody or I debated is play outside of easing up on his tackles. That was the 100% legit critique of him last year, and seeing it live and in colour wasn't a good look. And as I said, he so far is proving his new contract and nobody thingks he will revert back. Take a deep breath before you burst a blood vessle

JBS

Reaction score
Nobody or I debated is play outside of easing up on his tackles. That was the 100% legit critique of him last year, and seeing it live and in colour wasn't a good look. And as I said, he so far is proving his new contract and nobody thingks he will revert back. Take a deep breath before you burst a blood vessle
Hahahah. Y’all put way too much stock in his tackling. Really wasn’t that serious. Y’all wanted to let him walk bc of it hahaha. So dumb.

And when I say not that serious, I mean to the extent y’all made it out to be. Yes; it was really bad and frustrating. But he’s a cb, not a lb. You can live with it. Especially w how good he was in coverage