Diggs v Byron

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Who?

Besides PP, there arent going to be many corners on the market that should be our #1
Conley better than Awuzie
Kevin King better than Awuzie
Willian jackson better than Awuzie
Quinton Dunbar obviously

Will patrick surtain be better than them day 1? We already deal with diggs growing pains. Just get a guy that can play day 1 with experience instead of these babies in the secondary. Sign one of the corners i mentioned and earl Thomas and we have a revamped secondary. And if they want, draft a safety round 2. 2 young players and 2 vets. Seems some people want 4 young players but expect to be a contender next year. If all 4 secondary srartersare rookies and second year we may as well accept what well be next year too

bewp7

Reaction score
that is a bad way to compare corner backs...and it also should not and was not byron OR diggs. cowboys could have both...and there is more then 1 cornerback on the field.

it should be byron vs zeke or byron vs jaylon.

and byron wins

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Jones doesn't make either of those interceptions yesterday either.

While BJ may be better in coverage right now, he won't be for long.
He’s already 27. He relies on athleticism. If he plays more physical, he can stay in his prime for another 2 years

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Dolphins defense in games where both Byron Jones and Xavien Howard have been healthy:

13.8 points per game
2 turnovers per game
5.5 passing YPA
61.5 passer rating

kumizi

Reaction score
It should be Zeke vs Byron or Jaylon vs Byron or even Amari vs Byron

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Diggs has as many career picks in 8 games as Byron had in 88. Just in case anyone was wondering if it was wise to let him walk. It was.
Diggs will be looking for that same type money in 4 years and they should let him walk, too. It's a lot easier to get opportunities at picks when the opposing team is throwing at you all game. Diggs is a scrappy player, but he ain't Prime.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Diggs will be looking for that same type money in 4 years and they should let him walk, too. It's a lot easier to get opportunities at picks when the opposing team is throwing at you all game. Diggs is a scrappy player, but he ain't Prime.
Lol im not hus biggest fan but give him time

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Lol im not hus biggest fan but give him time
I hear yah, I just can't believe there are "fans" dismissing Byron Jones contribution with the arrival of an unproven rookie who was torched half the night and pretty lucky on some questionable throws. I do like the kid's edginess, but he is a long way from being a solid CB.

Mr_437

Reaction score
The novice thinks it's all about picks :facepalm:

Byron didn't give it up, Diggs is loose with it. Now I like both of them, but I'd rather have a CB not giving up any TDs and holding a WR to under 50 yards...oppose to getting a pick and giving up 100 yards and a TD...just me.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Byron didn't give it up, Diggs is loose with it. Now I like both of them, but I'd rather have a CB not giving up any TDs and holding a WR to under 50 yards...oppose to getting a pick and giving up 100 yards and a TD...just me.

Give it some time. He’s a converted receiver and just 8 games into his rookie season with no training camp.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Would have kept Byron, played him opposite Diggs and added Jamal Adams at Safety. Wouldn't have paid Zeke

Johnny23

Reaction score

I have said it before people want a guy who is Revis or Deion like. Coverage and picks. They just don't think about how rare the do everything guys are.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Give it some time. He’s a converted receiver and just 8 games into his rookie season with no training camp.
I agree, we should give him time. But anyone claiming he's better than Byron already place too much importance on turnovers and not enough importance on stopping the other team from scoring.

I'm guessing they're either looking for flash, or they're embarrassed at the lack of turnovers to the point that they'd rather pump those stats up than win games.

Redline360

Reaction score
True however as other people have stated he has also been burned on multiple occasions. Hopefully the cowboys don't ruin his career with **** coaching and a historically bad defense.

He keeps getting burned like that it doesn't bold well for him in the future

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Both just need(ed) real Safety help.

Diggs has a lot to clean up but you can't teach his athleticism or aggression, only foster it.

He'll be fine whenever the leader of the We-don't-value-Safeties idiots stop getting a say.