Disappointment of Demarcus Lawrence

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Strange how the hardest working players on this team gets the most flack (Lee, Lawrence, Heath)

Much is expected, Lawrence damn well knew he needed the surgery when the 2018 season was over. Woods had the same injury and had it taken care of and was full go for the off season workouts and training camp. Lawrence sat back on a deal before he would get the surgery knowing full well he would be playing in Dallas or else where. As far as hard working? maybe so but at the end of the day it is about production, making the plays to change the outcome. Am I being hard on him? you bet because I know he is capable of more than that display I saw this past season. Myself I don't get after Health like some because I know he plays to his talent level but when I see guys drop off the chart, a guy who is a pass rusher going from double digits down to 5 yes I will say something. Funny how coaches are free game to go after or Jerry but man do not say anything about a player? With big money comes the high expectation

Cowfan75

Reaction score
The fans saw it coming and Jerry didn't. Can't blame DLaw for cashing that check. Get paid, mail it in.

CB61

Reaction score
He sucks. Multiple games this year where he drew a backup RT and got dominated. Waste of money
I would have to agree with you as far as this year I would like to see what a real defensive coordinator does with him so I'll wait another year before I write him off but I've made it very clear about how I feel with players making this kind of money any of them

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Call me all the names you want, Tank isn't worth and never did anything to earn that contract. Good player. Not great.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would have to agree with you as far as this year I would like to see what a real defensive coordinator does with him so I'll wait another year before I write him off but I've made it very clear about how I feel with players making this kind of money any of them

Playing under the same coaches he produced 14.5 and 10 sacks the past 2 season. Putting this all on them and none on him? come on. He is grown man he knows this game and knows his job. This is not some rookie. I have no issue holding coaches accountable but find it strange that player who are paid in his case 5 time more than the HC seems to get a pass?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
We talk about sensible contracts to be mindful of the cap so we can retain more.of our good young talent..

Then we give the Tank and Zeke deals out. Lol..Jones family forever holding down this franchise. Gotta love it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
look a lot of the highest paid players can have off years.. yes Tank if you were hoping for double digit sacks was a disappointment but I saw a player playing hard, tackling the Rbs, getting a lot of pressures as well as effecting offenses where they had to plan for him with at least 2 blockers on every play..

yes 5 sacks is a down year stats wise..

Mack and miller had 8 and 8.5 sacks..Quin had more and he was a FA.. these things like turnovers come in cycles..

Im not going to be hard on the guy

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
At this stage really hoping that Nolan and his assistant coaches can light a fire under one of the most disappointing players in 2019, Demarcus Lawrence. He forced a cap hit of 21 million last season and produced 5 sacks on the season? We paid for elite and got trash. 5 sacks, all other top pass rushers in the league even getting double team still produced while Lawrence play was pathetic. He did a lot of jawing during the season yet was never a game changing factor on the season. The man needs to rededicate himself and play to the level of elite
Lawrence does more than just sack. Theres a reason why quinn got 11 because teams focused more to the other side.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
At this stage really hoping that Nolan and his assistant coaches can light a fire under one of the most disappointing players in 2019, Demarcus Lawrence. He forced a cap hit of 21 million last season and produced 5 sacks on the season? We paid for elite and got trash. 5 sacks, all other top pass rushers in the league even getting double team still produced while Lawrence play was pathetic. He did a lot of jawing during the season yet was never a game changing factor on the season. The man needs to rededicate himself and play to the level of elite
Statistics don’t tell the story. The guy balled out all year.

CB61

Reaction score
Playing under the same coaches he produced 14.5 and 10 sacks the past 2 season. Putting this all on them and none on him? come on. He is grown man he knows this game and knows his job. This is not some rookie. I have no issue holding coaches accountable but find it strange that player who are paid in his case 5 time more than the HC seems to get a pass?
No I'm not holding your coaches accountable what I'm saying is I'd like to see how he performs under a decent defensive coordinator that's all I said you're reading too much into it as far as the comment about the money I don't think any of these players deserve that kind of money it's utterly ridiculous and that's just my opinion nothing will ever change that

CB61

Reaction score
No I'm not holding your coaches accountable what I'm saying is I'd like to see how he performs under a decent defensive coordinator that's all I said you're reading too much into it as far as the comment about the money I don't think any of these players deserve that kind of money it's utterly ridiculous and that's just my opinion nothing will ever change that
If you read my comment I said I agreed with the person or if it was you that he really blew chunks this year there's no doubting that he just plain didn't show up consistently

CB61

Reaction score
As far as that goes I'm waiting to see how the defense improves under a real defensive coordinator and some real coaching instead of the underlying issues

Doomsday101

Reaction score
look a lot of the highest paid players can have off years.. yes Tank if you were hoping for double digit sacks was a disappointment but I saw a player playing hard, tackling the Rbs, getting a lot of pressures as well as effecting offenses where they had to plan for him with at least 2 blockers on every play..

yes 5 sacks is a down year stats wise..

Mack and miller had 8 and 8.5 sacks..Quin had more and he was a FA.. these things like turnovers come in cycles..

Im not going to be hard on the guy

and that is your choice. Again I don't hate Lawrence but yes I was very disappointed on this past season and hope like hell he comes in 2020 ready to go. Dallas sure as hell can't take the cap hit of releasing him so he is ours and we need him to produce to the level he is capable of. I can't just say gosh he tried real hard, I will say that about players I know are some what limited in ability but I will not say that about a guy that I know is capable of more and yet lays an egg. It was not just sack numbers that were down his tackles are down as well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As far as that goes I'm waiting to see how the defense improves under a real defensive coordinator and some real coaching instead of the underlying issues

I hope to see Nolan and his defensive staff light a fire under the entire defense. I also know players have a responsibility as well and should be held accountable for their play just as you hold coaches responsible

CB61

Reaction score
I'm not saying Demarcus Lawrence didn't show up he makes a presence even when he doesn't get the tackle or the sack and yes it was him that helped Quinn get 11 sacks and he stopped a lot of running plays there just was a lot of inconsistency in his play this year but that could be said about the whole defense we could go on endlessly about this point doesn't matter anymore my point is I want to see how this defense responds to a new defensive coordinator and if it really is the coaches and the atmosphere or the players or both? Some of these players may not even be here next year ?

CB61

Reaction score
I hope to see Nolan and his defensive staff light a fire under the entire defense. I also know players have a responsibility as well and should be held accountable for their play just as you hold coaches responsible
Exactly and if you just read my other post I just made I made the statement that some of these players may not even be here next year we may see a lot of new faces but we're simply not going to know that for a while

ondaedg

Reaction score
5 sacks that was it, I really do not give a damn about some dumbars list fact is his job is to get after the QB in 2017 he did, in 2018 he did. In 2019 he put up 5 friken sacks. I big part of the job is getting after the QB and he used those numbers from 2017 and 2018 to get the highest pay of any DE in the NFL and gets 5 sacks. You may be impressed by his play but in all the years of watching this game I know piss poor play when I see it and do not need some lame list to tell me that he had a great season. His tackles were down, his sacks were down only thing that rose was his pay at 21 million last year.

There's more to a DE than getting to the QB. How many big runs did DLaw give up compared to Quinn? Add up the yardage alone in the Vikes and Packers game and it probably negates the sack differential.

DLaw wasn't flashy but he was solid and played at a high level. Statistics prove that sacks don't aleays equate to wins or more turnovers which is what we really want.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Lawrence does more than just sack. Theres a reason why quinn got 11 because teams focused more to the other side.

He is a pass rusher and his overall tackles were down. He is getting 21 mill the highest paid player on the team. Sorry I expect more out of supposed top players