Disappointment of Demarcus Lawrence

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I can’t remember when we started this trend.

We want Jerry to pay and keep guys, then once they’re paid, we hate them regardless if they start the year off shoulder surgery earlier than expected.

Piker fans hate anyone getting paid. They'll hate players if:

a) they don't accept league minimum
b) they don't allow the team to rake them over the coals in negotiations
c) they don't make unanimous 1st team AND 2nd team all-pro after they get paid

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There's more to a DE than getting to the QB. How many big runs did DLaw give up compared to Quinn? Add up the yardage alone in the Vikes and Packers game and it probably negates the sack differential.

DLaw wasn't flashy but he was solid and played at a high level. Statistics prove that sacks don't aleays equate to wins or more turnovers which is what we really want.

Oh my god there is more than getting to the QB? He is paid as a pass rusher he was not solid he played poorly. He had 45 total tackles which was down from past 2 season on the season and 5 sacks.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Piker fans hate anyone getting paid. They'll hate players if:

a) they don't accept league minimum
b) they don't allow the team to rake them over the coals in negotiations
c) they don't make unanimous 1st team AND 2nd team all-pro after they get paid

I don't begrudge any player getting paid big, I do expect those getting paid big to play big. His play was not great and at 21 mill why should we not expect great? Are we just to sit back and say well if he only gets 5 or 6 sacks from here on out that is just fine. lol Sorry will not do that. I'm glad he got his pay day I just want to see him produce at that level

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don't begrudge any player getting paid big, I do expect those getting paid big to play big. His play was not great and at 21 mill why should we not expect great? Are we just to sit back and say well if he only gets 5 or 6 sacks from here on out that is just fine. lol Sorry will not do that. I'm glad he got his pay day I just want to see him produce at that level

As people here keep trying to tell you, there's more to being a great defensive player than getting sacks. But you're dead set on sacks only so I guess you'll just have to stew and stew some more. Just don't forget to pay your light bill.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
You can really tell who knows football by the threads and the comments that follow.... Lawrence does not "suck".

1. He was coming off a bad injury that required surgery and a rather long rehab.
2. The interior d-line is damn near devoid of talent. He was getting double and triple teamed.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
He is a pass rusher and his overall tackles were down. He is getting 21 mill the highest paid player on the team. Sorry I expect more out of supposed top players
He's a strongside DE. If he was a RDE then yes his prioroty would be rushing the QB. Of course everybody expects more. He got alot of money. But some yrs it happens. He is coming off surgery. And lets not forget how teams play Dallas. Their QBs are getting that ball out quick. Thats a weekly thing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
DLAW could well end up traded if we move to a 3-4 scheme. The Jets come to mind. DLAW FOR ADAMS? CONTRACT FOR CONTRACT?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I’m really puzzled why anyone is surprised by this. Just look at his sack numbers in 2018 and you will find that all those numbers came against non playoff teams. In fact most of his sacks canes against two teams that year - the Giants and the Lions. Sacks against those two teams amounted to 6 sacks. Against playoff teams that year he had half a sack. This is basically who he is.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Tank had a bum arm early and dealt with protections slid to his side and double teams at a rate near the top of the league. Lining him up in the same spot and giving him the same assignments over and again hardly helps.

I get the disappointment to the statline but there was a reason why Quinn faced so many single blocks.

I'm guessing Nolan will do more to free him up.

And the people saying he was loafing or taking plays off have no idea what went on in the games.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

NFL double team win rate
Bottom line lots of pass rushers get double teamed, the elite ones still get their sacks

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He balled? his tackles were down and his sacks were down. You pay elite money you expect elite play that is why they get the big money.
He was injured and playing for a dysfunctional defensive coaching staff. But hate on it that’s what you like. SMH.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dlaw got handled all year. IF we move to the 3-4, he will be trade bait. NO WAY is he 3-4 compatible. He can barely hold his own in a 4-3.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Robert Quinn also played for the same coach under the same scheme as tank.

When you look at their double team rates Quinn was double teamed only slightly less than tank. He also missed three games

If tank was hurt, I can appreciate him playing through it.

I hope he returns to form and gets 12-15 sacks next year