Disturbing bar lowering trend

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't really care about the draft and didn't watch the NFL combine and do my own scouting. I hate Dak and the people that support him.
Don’t know why you even bother coming here with that attitude.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Less than ten (10) years ago it was talk of when we would ever win another Super Bowl...not get to another Super Bowl....now, I hear nothing other than when we'll ever reach another NFCCG....no mention of even winning the game itself. Notice a disturbing trend here involving confidence levels, and lack of any real expectations with this sorry organization? For the first time ever, I don't give two (2) S's about the upcoming draft...very sad that I'm feeling this way, but I've had enough. Anyone else having similar feelings?
The draft gets dull knowing your team is just going to sit around and wait for its pick to roll around. There is no drama at all. The sad part is that it’s not strategy but rather equal parts laziness and ineptitude.

The bar has been lowered in Dallas. Fans get more excited about resigning their pet cats than angry about miserable playoff performances.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Less than ten (10) years ago it was talk of when we would ever win another Super Bowl...not get to another Super Bowl....now, I hear nothing other than when we'll ever reach another NFCCG....no mention of even winning the game itself. Notice a disturbing trend here involving confidence levels, and lack of any real expectations with this sorry organization? For the first time ever, I don't give two (2) S's about the upcoming draft...very sad that I'm feeling this way, but I've had enough. Anyone else having similar feelings?

the hype boys like a winning record against bad teams. they have no desire to see their team excell. notice on this board alone, the digging int the trenches to keep the team as mediocre as possible.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
the hype boys like a winning record against bad teams. they have no desire to see their team excell. notice on this board alone, the digging int the trenches to keep the team as mediocre as possible.
You guys are so twisted you really think people don’t like winning lol. Y’all have created a fake reality that doesn’t even exist lol.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
You guys are so twisted you really think people don’t like winning lol. Y’all have created a fake reality that doesn’t even exist lol.

look at this board and tell me some of the posters here are really into this team taking the necessary moves to be better.

most of these posters are dead set on moving away from Dak, like this team is already gold and poised to go deep in teh playoffs./ IT clearly isnt, but they are so dead set against winning and excellence they are entrenched in mediocrity, this board has been like this for a long time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
look at this board and tell me some of the posters here are really into this team taking the necessary moves to be better.

most of these posters are dead set on moving away from Dak, like this team is already gold and poised to go deep in teh playoffs./ IT clearly isnt, but they are so dead set against winning and excellence they are entrenched in mediocrity, this board has been like this for a long time.
I mean listen we have some idiots sure. Some of them are Eagle fans. They expose themselves. A poster admitted yesterday he likes to watch Cowboys fail for his entertaining: But ultimately I think we all want the same goal just disagree on how to achieve it;

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Fans are just sick and tired of being disappointed. Getting to the NFCC would be a milestone because it would be the first time this century. But I guarantee you if the Cowboys did get there, the talk would change to how the team could win it. I have lower expectations now than in the 70s or 90s because this team would drive me mad if I didn't. Imagine being convinced that we could get to the Super Bowl and win, and then seeing that debacle wildcard game against Green Bay. If that game had happened in the 70s or 90s, it would have kicked my guts out. Now, I just rolled my eyes and said, "Those idiots, same old ****."

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I mean listen we have some idiots sure. Some of them are Eagle fans. They expose themselves. A poster admitted yesterday he likes to watch Cowboys fail for his entertaining: But ultimately I think we all want the same goal just disagree on how to achieve it;

you know what, ok because i like you as a poster and person, i will recant my statement and go with you on this.

you make a better argument than i do. i can admit that. Fair?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s not that we don’t want to return to a championship caliber level or have accepted how our once proud franchise has turned into the laughing stock of the NFL.

It’s that we realize our dysfunctional owner has lowered the bar with his selfish egotistical passion to be a celebrity football guy. And we apathetically realize there’s not much we can do about it.

We’ve been calling it out and complaining for almost 3 decades now. Basically since Jethro parted ways with Jimmy. Unfortunately not everyone recognized the problem until it was too late . Once new stadium was built, PSL’s committed and season tickets sold. Game over .

Cowboys have been generating record revenue since team in league and hurting that is only thing that would force our idiots in skybox to change.

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Most apathetic I have felt in a off season since I cant remember when.
Been a fan 49 years....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you know what, ok because i like you as a poster and person, i will recant my statement and go with you on this.

you make a better argument than i do. i can admit that. Fair?
You aren’t off base with what you said. I just don’t trust the legitimacy of these guys. But fair.

1942willys

Reaction score
being an old fan sucks sometimes. The real young ones never have seen the boys doing anything so they do not miss it
you cannot miss what you never had

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I mean, who really cares.

Set your bar to whatever you want it to be and let other people do the same.

Long story short: Of course the bar is being lowered. When you have never even seen an NFCCG appearance in your lifetime like myself, it would be exciting to just even see them make it there regardless of outcome and I do not think there is anything wrong with that. Same goes for the old timers who view every season as Superbowl or bust.

Something I think we all need to remember: We are not the Cowboys. We are people that follow the Cowboys. How the Cowboys perform on the field, our expectations for them, etc do not make any one of us "losers" or "winners".
Jethro has lowered the Bar not the fans.

And you’re right, our once proud name which represented a class caliber reputation ran franchise has been tarnished.

Once the Cowboys under our original HOF Trio in front office were the model for the league . Now no one is following this ridiculous model of front office.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Whenever I see “fans” say things like “Just get to the Conference Championship” , not win it, but just get to it it makes me hate the loser fanbase more.

Super Bowls used to be the bar, now losing in the Conference Championship is considered success for many here.
The most disturbing thing is that the FO is the one with lower expectations. And it seeps down to the fans. Actually some of the fans, because i sure am not. That's why you find me critiquing them often, not because i enjoy it. But because it is the bait being served.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
being an old fan sucks sometimes. The real young ones never have seen the boys doing anything so they do not miss it
you cannot miss what you never had
It’s all in the attitude and perspective. Personally I feel sorry for fans of this era who didn’t get to witness the classiest front office and organization in the NFL.

And watch it grow from expansion to playing for NFL titles while setting 20 consecutive winning seasons which record still holds. Imagine playing for 12 championships in 17 seasons from 1966-1982.

No,I cherish being a part of those amazing years. I have not only a lifetime of wonderful memories but a man cave of memorabilia. My family and friends are amazed when coming over.

The next couple generations are intrigued with the history. And I try to encourage them they should live long enough to see our local team have an opportunity to return to glory while it may take our current owners demise.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The most disturbing thing is that the FO is the one with lower expectations. And it seeps down to the fans. Actually some of the fans, because i sure am not. That's why you find me critiquing them often, not because i enjoy it. But because it is the bait being served.
It’s really not that difficult being a fan of a dormant type team or school. It just takes an adjustment in expectations .

I’ve been a lifelong fan of my Alma Mater which doesn’t really have a legit shot at winning a championship in football. Only have won a conference championship in a handful of seasons in their history with gaps as long as 50 years .

Like my Dad told me early on . It builds character rooting for a team which doesn’t have much success. It’s much easier rooting and supporting a winner. And a lot more fun.