Disturbing bar lowering trend

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The most disturbing thing is that the FO is the one with lower expectations. And it seeps down to the fans. Actually some of the fans, because i sure am not. That's why you find me critiquing them often, not because i enjoy it. But because it is the bait being served.
The FO only cares about making money, so I don't expect their expectations to be anything other than what earns us the most money.

The fans, the ones that should have higher expectations, don't make a dime from the Cowboys. In fact, they give the Cowboys more money.

So the fans having such a low bar is much more disgusting to me than the FO having it.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The FO only cares about making money, so I don't expect their expectations to be anything other than what earns us the most money.

The fans, the ones that should have higher expectations, don't make a dime from the Cowboys. In fact, they give the Cowboys more money.

So the fans having such a low bar is much more disgusting to me than the FO having it.
you got to get that gear, Jerry's new daughter needs the money.

and you can pretend you're on the team. "look, I'm Emmitt smitt, I'm Gary Hugabumb."

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The most disturbing thing is that the FO is the one with lower expectations. And it seeps down to the fans. Actually some of the fans, because i sure am not. That's why you find me critiquing them often, not because i enjoy it. But because it is the bait being served.
As fans not much we can do about an ownership like ours. Except complain which we do plenty of.

It suks being a fan for a franchise like the Cowboys now.

Hopefully all of the wagon fans will hop off and we will finally lose our AT label.

It’s probably going take longer than 3 decades . Maybe 59 years will be long enough to cleanse out our national following while older generations die off.

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
Say they get to an NFC title game next year. Fully healthy. They get beat by 30 points to the Eagles/49ers.

Yes, technically that is an improvement. But, it's still a disastrous end.

Point is, we should be striving back to the days of "Super Bowl or bust" imo.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Less than ten (10) years ago it was talk of when we would ever win another Super Bowl...not get to another Super Bowl....now, I hear nothing other than when we'll ever reach another NFCCG....no mention of even winning the game itself. Notice a disturbing trend here involving confidence levels, and lack of any real expectations with this sorry organization? For the first time ever, I don't give two (2) S's about the upcoming draft...very sad that I'm feeling this way, but I've had enough. Anyone else having similar feelings?
well, we have learned a lot in the past 10,15, 18, 28 years from Jerry. never have hope for any post season success. the bar was at winning one playoff game. it may be lowered to just making the playoffs.

Welcome to Jerry world, the #1 valued franchise in the world

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I mean, who really cares.

Set your bar to whatever you want it to be and let other people do the same.

Long story short: Of course the bar is being lowered. When you have never even seen an NFCCG appearance in your lifetime like myself, it would be exciting to just even see them make it there regardless of outcome and I do not think there is anything wrong with that. Same goes for the old timers who view every season as Superbowl or bust.

Something I think we all need to remember: We are not the Cowboys. We are people that follow the Cowboys. How the Cowboys perform on the field, our expectations for them, etc do not make any one of us "losers" or "winners".
^^^ This. We're the fans, not the players, and not the coaches. We're not responsible for playing these games or coaching them. Most of us aren't paid anywhere near what players and coaches make. Even if we were, we're paid to do whatever our job is, and it's one that has nothing to do with the team. What we do is root for the team and hope they can do well, but our fandom has no effect on what happens on the field. We're therefore not responsible for it. Whether we hope for just a deep playoff run or for a Lombardi trophy, it doesn't affect the game in any way.
If I rooted for this team with as much passion as I had as a kid, I would get an ulcer. Lowering my expectations is a self defense mechanism. I've decided I'm just not going to let the teams screwups upset me too much. It's not like anything that I do makes a difference.

Trendnet

Reaction score
Less than ten (10) years ago it was talk of when we would ever win another Super Bowl...not get to another Super Bowl....now, I hear nothing other than when we'll ever reach another NFCCG....no mention of even winning the game itself. Notice a disturbing trend here involving confidence levels, and lack of any real expectations with this sorry organization? For the first time ever, I don't give two (2) S's about the upcoming draft...very sad that I'm feeling this way, but I've had enough. Anyone else having similar feelings?
Front runners gonna front run.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They don’t purposely make the roster not good enough…they think it is, but misevaluate the players they have. Over and over.

Other teams make trades and sign impact free agents to supplement and cover what’s needed. Dallas brings in mid round and UDFA rookies and asks them to contribute at a high level immediately.

It’s fine to make that clear mistake once or twice, but not only do they not see the flaw in it, it’s the actual organizational philosophy…..and doesn’t appear to be changing.

I’m not really sure how much longer these clowns are gonna be able to sell this same act.
They've been doing it this long

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
look at this board and tell me some of the posters here are really into this team taking the necessary moves to be better.

most of these posters are dead set on moving away from Dak, like this team is already gold and poised to go deep in teh playoffs./ IT clearly isnt, but they are so dead set against winning and excellence they are entrenched in mediocrity, this board has been like this for a long time.
Because they are fans of Jerry and the Jones family ...... not the Cowboys.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Too many people are satisfied with an occasional NFCE title and nothing more. That is ridiculous to me...

But I know, just enjoy the games and shut up. Thats what we get told if we say anything about it.
THIS

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
the first few posts lol
The guy saying he hates loser fans!!
He hates the team, yet he's still here everyday with his cronies whining and crying like it's gonna make a difference!! That's what I call a loser with a bad case of Napoleon Complex!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But I know, just enjoy the games and shut up. Thats what we get told if we say anything about it.
LOL! That's great advice!

You dish it out too....don't act like a victim.

ShortRound

Reaction score
People are happy with Dak ... constant season ending brain feezes ...

Shoot I get called a hater for pointing it out.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I guess you missed the Jerry Jones goal..."stay relevant". The goal of Jerry Jones has never been winning on the field but in the bank. He is the best at achieving his goals.

Mannix

Reaction score
I guess you missed the Jerry Jones goal..."stay relevant". The goal of Jerry Jones has never been winning on the field but in the bank. He is the best at achieving his goals.
One of these days we may actually win the Regular Season Championship, and get to hoist the Kotite Trophy.