Division lost. Now what?

pasando

Reaction score
We lost the division when we $hit our pants against the Cardinals.... You can't lose those games and expect to be division winners in the NFC East.
We will lose 2 more games to round out 12-5 and the Eagles might lose 2 more to be 14-3

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
If he makes that catch the Chiefs are up 3 with 1:45 left and the Eagles have all 3 TO's left. Hurts seems to thrive in that type of situation. It would have been huge but Philly would have gotten the ball back with time. Philly has gotten soooooo many breaks this year but when your team is 8-0 down double digits, have beaten 13 straight winning teams and have a QB who is 25-2 over his last 27 regular season games what do they have to do to be a good team in your book?
Just can’t hide it

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
We lost the division when we $hit our pants against the Cardinals.... You can't lose those games and expect to be division winners in the NFC East.
Eagles lost to the Jets you are acting like Noone else has bad losses

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nothing has really changed . We knew winning division was a long shot .

Now we have to focus in on wrapping up 5th seed and blowing out the South division winner in WC rd setting up going to SF, Det and Phi in Div rd. We still have a shot at advancing for 1st time in 3 decades.

That’s really where we thought we’d be anyway. It’s what most predicted . Not sure why this is breaking news to anybody.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I sincerely hope none of you "let's give up now" people don't work in any life saving jobs. I could see yall as Emergency room doctors.. "He's as good as dead, let's not even bother operating." Or how about as paramedics.. "It's going to take 15 minutes to drive her back to the hospital.. she'll bleed to death by then. Let's go have lunch instead." Or what about firefighter: "Man that's too much flame.. don't even waste the water trying to put it out."

I mean damn. The Cowboys simply need the Eagles to lose one game other than the beat down we will put on them. And then it's going to just be tie-breakers that determine who wins the division. We know the Eagles are a good team and they aren't going to just lay down for us to catch them. But that doesn't mean we give up trying. At least not in my book. Keep winning to keep the pressure on them.

That is all.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
The Eagles being 9-1 sucks but it doesn't change anything for the Cowboys, they still have to prove they can beat good teams and we'll have the answer soon. So what do we do now? We wait and stop depending on others to do the job for us.
Your perspective is spot on. At this point, whether we enter the playoffs as the division winner or as a wild card team is irrelevant. It's how we are playing at the end of the season that will ultimately determine how far we go.

offlimits

Reaction score
Unless they could win out and beat Philthy on Dec 10 here. That is basically it. I you want to go to the SB... at Philly is on the menu.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
We do what we always do,

GO WIN IN APRIL BABY.

Than our season is over and the Jones boys pats themselves on the back while the fans who love medicority do the rest.

Next April.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Well at the end of the day after Jerry's dug all the foxholes for the last 28 years you get tired of being in one with a grenade in it.

Because unfortunately the foxholes are never deep enough there's not enough sandbags around them we got no air support.

We are always left with not enough weapons to compete in the end hoping that luck will see us through to the other side and it just doesn't happen
That's fine if some people don't want to be in that foxhole, but it doesn't mean they should be lobbing more grenades into those foxholes either. Cowboys take enough flak from the media and opposing fanbases, we don't need to take "friendly fire" as well.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That's fine if some people don't want to be in that foxhole, but it doesn't mean they should be lobbing more grenades into those foxholes either. Cowboys take enough flak from the media and opposing fanbases, we don't need to take "friendly fire" as well.
100%

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Petition the League to move Carolina to the NFC East and the Cowboys to the NFC South. Problem solved.

Blackrain

Reaction score
No brother we do not need any friendly fire I am always hopeful that somehow the planets will align and the perfect storm will manifest itself and we will somehow by hooker by crook get a little further

I'm just kind of done getting upset over it because unfortunately I have no control

CCBoy

Reaction score
giphy.gif
Cowboys need to here and now take their path in hand...win out. If others don't have faith, hell, give up now and wait until next season!

td4mvp2k

Reaction score
We do what we always do,

GO WIN IN APRIL BABY.

Than our season is over and the Jones boys pats themselves on the back while the fans who love medicority do the rest.

Next April.
the good ole annual hype train :muttley: