Dixie Flag controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDGarciaFan

Reaction score
when i sold my old Dukes of Hazzard thermos(which i had since childhood) on Ebay two years ago, i regret doing it. however, due to all the talk regarding the removal of all Confederate flags from the public, i guess i did the right thing, what you all think? and what you all think of the confederate flag controversy?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No comment, but I have been peppered with this one all day..............

11665441_1156678454348644_6625924077475009110_n.jpg

AtlCB

Reaction score
when i sold my old Dukes of Hazzard thermos(which i had since childhood) on Ebay two years ago, i regret doing it. however, due to all the talk regarding the removal of all Confederate flags from the public, i guess i did the right thing, what you all think? and what you all think of the confederate flag controversy?

It should be removed from government buildings (other than museums), but citizens should have the freedom to own whatever they want.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
rut row. BTW it is not a Confederate flag for those who know more, it is actually the north Virginia battle flag.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's a symbol, whether you like or not, of racism and should be resigned to history.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I don't care for the flag,but I DO have a problem with the Gov't telling people they can't fly that flag if they so wish. Besides, forcing people to take down a flag will only fuel their hate and anger. The people (racists) are the problem, not some freaking flag. Remove the flag and the problem is still there.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
It should be removed from government buildings (other than museums), but citizens should have the freedom to own whatever they want.

While I think there is a *ZERO* chance this thread makes it a few pages before getting locked, this is how I feel. It's shameful that flag stood for this long on government buildings, but individual citizens should be able to keep it, just like individuals can waive **** flags.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Uh, . . . . . . . . . . NO its not.

The willful ignorance in this country is off the chain . . . . .

Just because it means you or someone else or even many others decide to adopt another meaning for it, doesn't erase the history of the flag, which includes the prominent usage during the reconstruction era.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
While I think there is a *ZERO* chance this thread makes it a few pages before getting locked, this is how I feel. It's shameful that flag stood for this long on government buildings, but individual citizens should be able to keep it, just like individuals can waive **** flags.

I don't think anyone is proposing that individuals not be permitted to fly the flag just government entities.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is proposing that individuals not be permitted to fly the flag just government entities.

I don't think so either, but that is usually what this debate devolves into, a first amendment issue. And fwiw, individual retailers have the right to not sell items they believe are offensive to others, but in the end the flag will still be accessible and no one wants to take people's flags.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand both sides, but I don't understand the seemingly rush to whitewash history by removing all instances of the flag. Here in Charleston there are conversations of removing the flags from Ft Sumter since it's part of the National Park Service. It's where the Civil War started. How can you have a historic site by removing all traces of history?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Aren't the origins of the Dixie flag and swashtika different from what they ended up being?

Status
Not open for further replies.