DMN: Aikman on Pacman's Return: 'An absolute mistake'

khiladi

Reaction score
theogt;2442368 said:
LOL. Whatever, guy. I just showed you the numbers.

The amusing thing is, if Pac-man actually caught the 3 or so INTs in his hands because of his aggressive nature, I would wonder what these folks would be saying then...

khiladi

Reaction score
BTW, the numbers reported from theogt were not from Cowboys fans... Even Jopyner had him in the 5 YPC range, which is ridiculous..Plus, the guys hasn't even played for a year... He was playing soft-zone a zone where others in the Cowboys secondary were looking for confused than he was... I wonder what Aikman was actually watching...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theogt;2442368 said:
LOL. Whatever, guy. I just showed you the numbers.

I watched the games not some of them all of them, unlike many around here who read about the game and live by the stat sheet, he was not doing that much.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2442382 said:
I watched the games not some of them all of them, unlike many around here who read about the game and live by the stat sheet, he was not doing that much.
He did exactly what the stats say he did. They don't lie, and they're not biased.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
khiladi;2442380 said:
BTW, the numbers reported from theogt were not from Cowboys fans... Even Jopyner had him in the 5 YPC range, which is ridiculous..Plus, the guys hasn't even played for a year... He was playing soft-zone a zone where others in the Cowboys secondary were looking for confused than he was... I wonder what Aikman was actually watching...

He was watching the game not sucking on Pacman Jock

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AJ looked like he was getting back to form. When he was just a football player his CB play seemed to be recognized as being premiere. Now he sucks. Hmmmmm. I guess the layoff destroyed his game. Right that's it.

khiladi

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2442382 said:

Who was 'doing much' during the time Pac-man was out there?Ah OK.. So your word is the end-all and be-all... We also watched the games and I saw Henry more confused than Pac-man out there, getting smoked all the time, which is further corraborated by the stats.... BTW, weren't you the one telling me how great Jason Garrett was by the amount of 'points' he put up.. Well I watched the games, and his coaching was predictable and crappy...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theogt;2442383 said:
He did exactly what the stats say he did. They don't lie, and they're not biased.

Stats do not know if it was man cover situation or a zone coverage, there are many things stats can't tell you.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
theogt;2442363 said:
Uhhh...actually Pacman's pass defense was extremely good. That's not even debatable.

Adam "Pacman" Jones
21-of-42 (50%), 216 yards, 5.1 ypa, 7 PBU, 0 INT, 1 pass interference

Jenkins has been pretty disappointing, however. Fortunately, we drafted at least one starting quality corner in 2008.

Then I feel pretty good about what I said cause I thought he played good. Didn't think he was great or anything but obviously he was steady.

I disagree with the Jenkins comment. I've not been disappointed in the rookie at all. He's had one bone head play, where he didn't make that tackle, but outside of that I'm pretty pleased with what he's done as a rookie. I've got plenty of hope for him in the future and I think we've drafted two starting quality corners.

And as for the comment about picking those 3 passes...yeah I think that would make me think of his good play as great because it would turn good play into great play. Especially since a couple of those picks would have likely, or at least should have likely, been pick 6's.

We'll see what he does when he gets back against Pitt with Newman out there as well.

khiladi

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2442389 said:
Stats do not know if it was man cover situation or a zone coverage, there are many things stats can't tell you.

It is better than the rest of the team, who were most likely playing the same scheme...BTW, it was primarily zone coverage, as is attested even by Wade. Wade rarely played man when Newman was out and injured. And his states are at 5 YPC, which is all the more impressive... Have you looked at Henry's numbers during that time?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If Aikman is this negative about Jones' play when he was on the field, he has no alternative than to call for the immediate benching of Anthony Henry.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
khiladi;2442388 said:
Who was 'doing much' during the time Pac-man was out there?Ah OK.. So your word is the end-all and be-all... We also watched the games and I saw Henry more confused than Pac-man out there, getting smoked all the time, which is further corraborated by the stats.... BTW, weren't you the one telling me how great Jason Garrett was by the amount of 'points' he put up.. Well I watched the games, and his coaching was predictable and crappy...

Not many including Pacman, so you will say Henry sucks so it is alright that Pacman was looking confused? I would rather go with Jenkins and Scandrick, hell even Ball then to take playing time away from them because they can be counted on Pacman can't be counted on from day to day or week to week

khiladi

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2442385 said:
He was watching the game not sucking on Pacman Jock
Ah, so then the concussions must have gotten to him then, because the numbers flat out refute him...

quaigs

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2442367 said:
Yes it is debatable and others who do cover the NFL have said the same the only ones defending the great play of Pacman has been some Cowboy fans outside of that not many were overly impressed and continue to say well he is just rusty.

How is it debatable? The guy was targeted and put up outstanding #'s while rusty. The #'s don't lie, they show that he was locking down his man. Those of us that watched the games saw it and the #'s back it up. The only thing he didn't do was get the int's which will come. Plus he was supper aggressive in run defence and not afraid to tackle like a couple other DB's on the team. The guy may be the biggest tool in the game but he is one of the better corners in the league there no debating that.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2442395 said:
I would rather go with Jenkins and Scandrick, hell even Ball then to take playing time away from them because they can be counted on Pacman can't be counted on from day to day or week to week

On his worst day, Jones is better than Alan Ball.

If that's the alternative, then you play the better player. I agree about Jenkins and Scandrick. Both are deserving of more time and I would not want their growth inhibited by a short-timer like Jones.

khiladi

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2442395 said:
Not many including Pacman, so you will say Henry sucks so it is alright that Pacman was looking confused? I would rather go with Jenkins and Scandrick, hell even Ball then to take playing time away from them because they can be counted on Pacman can't be counted on from day to day or week to week

Maybe I should have put 'confused' in quotes to make it easier for you to understand... If Pac-man was looking confused in the Dallas secondary, than what does that make the rest of the secondary? Pac-mans numbers were better than ALL the CBs on Dallas... He took a year off, and AIkman has the aduacity to say this guy 'looked confused'....

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
"and at da end da da day"

IT DOESNT MATTER....

Because HE IS A COWBOY and HE IS COMING BACK!

Y'all know the drill..... support him because he is a Cowboy :star:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Alexander;2442400 said:
On his worst day, Jones is better than Alan Ball.

If that's the alternative, then you play the better player. I agree about Jenkins and Scandrick. Both are deserving of more time and I would not want their growth inhibited by a short-timer like Jones.

I agree Pacman is better than Ball but Pacman is worthless if he can't stay on the field which was the point of throwing Ball into the mix. A suspended player has no value to a team. Jerry has made his choice and Pacman will return, how long? who knows but I would hope this will be the last season Dallas deals with him because frankly he is not worth the trouble to the team you are better off looking at someone else

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2442413 said:
I agree Pacman is better than Ball but Pacman is worthless if he can't stay on the field which was the point of throwing Ball into the mix. A suspended player has no value to a team. Jerry has made his choice and Pacman will return, how long? who knows but I would hope this will be the last season Dallas deals with him because frankly he is not worth the trouble to the team you are better off looking at someone else

There is no way he is in the NFL next season.

I am taking all bets of all sizes.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
khiladi;2442405 said:
Maybe I should have put 'confused' in quotes to make it easier for you to understand... If Pac-man was looking confused in the Dallas secondary, than what does that make the rest of the secondary? Pac-mans numbers were better than ALL the CBs on Dallas... He took a year off, and AIkman has the aduacity to say this guy 'looked confused'....

It made the rest of them raw rookies, except for Henry. However rookies develop the more time they get on the field. Scandrick and Jenkins both look better now than they did in game 2 or 3 of the season.