DMN: Blog: Pacman is back in Dallas

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Pacman is back in Dallas

4:18 PM Tue, Nov 18, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins

Now, everybody take a deep breath.

Adam Jones is back in Dallas and headed to his home in Prosper. I've heard hotel employees have decided to take a leave of absence.

Jones has completed a 30 day stint in a Boston alcohol treatment center. A source told us the treatment center determined Jones doesn't have any alcohol problems.

Jones is trying to get back in the league after getting suspended on Oct. 14 for violations to the conduct policy. He's awaiting NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's decision.

"I have not been given any indication as to what the commissioners office is thinking," Jones' Nashville-based attorney Worrick Robinson said. "I am hopeful that they will consider the totality of the circumstances with considerable attention to the progress he has made in the last four weeks. "

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
just reinstate already him knowing damn well that he can not have a single incident form this point on. I'm talking speeding, j-walking, loitering, nothing.

I think even the biggest Adam Jones fan out there would agree that a lifetime ban is warranted if he screws up again. I would make him sign papers saying "I, Adam Jones, undertand that this is my last chance. If I am involved in a single incident that embarrasses me, the Cowboys, or the NFL in any way, I will be banned from the NFL." If he wants to stop making millions of dollars and work 50 hours a week like the rest of us than fine.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Velvet Jones;2428708 said:
Isn't the weather forcast for Sundays game calling for some rain?

Its not going to rain for various reason. First, I highly doubt the sheriff would make a decision that quickly. Second, I'll be at that game and I want no part of rain. Nice and sunny to help me escape the snow flurries that I've had over the last couple of days in Ohio.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score

that is funny as he77.....thank you .....I need a laugh after a rough day at work :laugh2:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

"You.... you.......you you....... oh you..... you......" lmao

30 days in a Boston facility... OK, he must be cured of ALL that ails him.
Excellent!!! :rolleyes:

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;2428766 said:

No, it's better, they determined he doesn't have a drinking problem, which kind of sucks for us cause that now means he has a PUNCHING PEOPLE IN THE FACE PROBLEM instead if alcohol clearly wasn't the problem. LOL

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2428768 said:
No, it's better, they determined he doesn't have a drinking problem, which kind of sucks for us cause that now means he has a PUNCHING PEOPLE IN THE FACE PROBLEM instead if alcohol clearly wasn't the problem. LOL

OK so the question becomes is the punch voluntary or involuntary?? :laugh2:

juck

Reaction score
he will be back and in by the next game seattle.i hope he stays clean cause i cant deal with henry anymore.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
juckie;2428842 said:
he will be back and in by the next game seattle.i hope he stays clean cause i cant deal with henry anymore.
same here. play Pacman in the Dime replacing old man Henry.

Taylor28

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2428729 said:
just reinstate already him knowing damn well that he can not have a single incident form this point on. I'm talking speeding, j-walking, loitering, nothing.

I think even the biggest Adam Jones fan out there would agree that a lifetime ban is warranted if he screws up again. I would make him sign papers saying "I, Adam Jones, undertand that this is my last chance. If I am involved in a single incident that embarrasses me, the Cowboys, or the NFL in any way, I will be banned from the NFL." If he wants to stop making millions of dollars and work 50 hours a week like the rest of us than fine.

I think it would be ridiculous to ban him for something like a speeding ticket. People get that every day but he is not allowed..even with his past that is just not right.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
juckie;2428842 said:

Rampage;2428850 said:
same here. play Pacman in the Dime replacing old man Henry.

OMG. I'm agreeing with both of you at the same time. Da Na Da Na, Da Na Da Na......more Twilight Zone stuff.

ndanger

Reaction score
YoMick;2428766 said:

If being around a bunch of arrogant Patriot fans for 30 days didn't cure his drinking problem it must have helped his anger problems. I would have probably been in a fight day one. :)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
jobberone;2428864 said:
OMG. I'm agreeing with both of you at the same time. Da Na Da Na, Da Na Da Na......more Twilight Zone stuff.
Well, if the four of us agree, it must be right.

khiladi

Reaction score
Cbz40;2428684 said:
Pacman is back in Dallas

4:18 PM Tue, Nov 18, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins

Now, everybody take a deep breath.

Adam Jones is back in Dallas and headed to his home in Prosper. I've heard hotel employees have decided to take a leave of absence.

Jones has completed a 30 day stint in a Boston alcohol treatment center. A source told us the treatment center determined Jones doesn't have any alcohol problems.

Jones is trying to get back in the league after getting suspended on Oct. 14 for violations to the conduct policy. He's awaiting NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's decision.

"I have not been given any indication as to what the commissioners office is thinking," Jones' Nashville-based attorney Worrick Robinson said. "I am hopeful that they will consider the totality of the circumstances with considerable attention to the progress he has made in the last four weeks. "

So the NFL forced a treatment on Adam Jones regarding a problem that he never had? Wow Goodell... Another nice one there... What was your judgment to treat Adam based upon this time?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
khiladi;2428893 said:
So the NFL forced a treatment on Adam Jones regarding a problem that he never had? Wow Goodell... Another nice one there... What was your judgment to treat Adam based upon this time?
:laugh2:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
khiladi;2428893 said:

You're serious? I really can't tell.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Ok so he doesn't have a drinking problem. That's not exactly a good thing for him because that just confirms that he's got a stupidity problem and there is really no rehab or cure for that.