DMN: Blog: Pacman is back in Dallas

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2429564 said:
I know it's a terrible comparison but I see Rogers roll with the NFL much like the President of the US. There are many issues he can not fix by himself but he is the head of the league. He needs to answer to the fans or the people and we want to know what's going on with our country or our league no matter how big or small the news is. Knowing that the leader is working on a issue and has faith it can be resolved is some what soothing no matter how much or little faith you have in that leader.

I mean if every article you read or interview you see from the President was about how he wants to improve the criminal justice system and the whole time there was a war going on and our economy was out of control and there was no mention of it I think people would begin to question his priorities.

I guess I'm just some one who wants to hear it from the horses mouth and needs some thing to believe in. I'm also VERY impatient to a fault. lol

lol. It's all good. I hear ya.

khiladi;2429565 said:
Really? Is that why experts in alcholism declared that he doesn't have a problem with alcohol. 30 days... Hell, there is not even proof that Adam Jones was drunk when he allegedly committed these acts, that supposedly got him banned...BTW, how difficult is it to conceived of the fact that crimes usually happen around places where there is 'drinking and alcohol'... None of that proves Adam was or is an alcoholic...

I'm not saying he did have one and obviously he did not. I believe the intent of this rehab was to determine if that was his problem on why he couldn't stay out of trouble. If it was the drinking then to some degree it's not totally on him cause he's got a illness that many struggle with.

In his case, however, it wasn't from drinking it's that he's got the issue of not being very smart and continuing to put himself into situations he should not.

And you'll note the bolded part...

Apparently it's VERY hard to figure that out. Adam STILL hasn't figured it out and continues to put himself into those situations.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2429570 said:
Goodell was going to reinstate him anyway so he let him go early. He did the same thing with Henry.....so lets not act as if he made a special case with Jones. I think he was going to allow the same to happen with Benson also.

Yes he was but by the letter of the rule he did not have to do so. If he had some bias against the Cowboys as you seem to think he could have just said due to Pacman constant trouble and incidents even when he was under suspension I will not allow him to participate but he didn't. Sorry it is a fricken joke for you to sit there and act like Goodell is somehow against the Cowboys.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2429572 said:
Wait, he did the same thing with Henry that he did with Pacman?

Isn't that the opposite of bias?

Sshhhhh. You know you can't do something like that. You're trying to show some logic and common sense.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Just for the record, Lynch was one of many rookies that Roger had a one on one meeting with coming out of college because of past legal issues just to let them know, a history in college follows you to the NFL. Now Lynch was accused of sexual assault in college and while also avoiding any jail time or legal back lash then, the accussation was enough to get a call from the commish.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2429569 said:
Nope it sure doesn't. But it gave them a clear pattern of where his troubles start so they had him go to rehab and if that turned out to be his issue, that he had a drinking problem, he gets the help he needed and possibly is able to keep himself out of some of these issues.

Instead he comes out, he in fact doesn't have a drinking problem, and so the issues aren't caused by his drinking they're caused by the fact that he's just plain and simply stupid. At least if he had the drinking issue there would have been a reason there for why he can't stay out of trouble and can't quit screwing up.

The only reason he has now is that he is just too stupid to stay out of trouble. Which means, more than likely, he'll be in trouble again within the next 6 months and he'll be out of the league for good. As I said before there is no cure for being stupid. You either get it, and stop being stupid, or you don't. It doesn't appear, to this point, that he gets it. We'll see if this latest suspension, and loss of playing in the NFL, that he claims to love so much, helps him get it.

As for Lynch how many times has he gotten into trouble since he's been in the league? I'm asking because I don't know but I'm pretty certain he hasn't been in headlines from multiple situations and arrests.

Again, since you either don't get it or you refuse to, Jones latest suspension is NOT from a ONE TIME situation. It's from breaking the rules of his reinstatement, that he agreed to, after MULTIPLE screw ups and a YEAR LONG suspension.

He can't handle his liquor no biggie. Also it doesn't matter how many times you've been suspended or not if your going to rule with a Zero Tolerance policy. All this policy is Goodell making decision to his discretion if he really wanted it to be non bias he would make guidelines approved by the owners and NFLPA. Then stick to the rules and not make crap up on the fly.

Doomsday101;2429571 said:
Roll your eyes but you act as if Pacman is entitled to play in the NFL and do whatever he wants and the fact is there are rules in place agreed on by management and the players union and either a player will abide by the rules or they can't play pretty simple and the fact is the vast majority of the players have no problem playing by the rules the league has set down.

He's not. it's a right not a privilege. However Goodell is going over board here and giving other players breaks. See the names I've listed already.

Hoofbite;2429572 said:
Wait, he did the same thing with Henry that he did with Pacman?

Isn't that the opposite of bias?

In allowing him to practice. I love you don't respond to his treatment of other players that should be suspended. I still don't understand how Matt Jones gets arrested for coke and violation of the leagues substance abustance policy. Yet gets only 3 games when the minimum for that offense is 4 games.....:confused: explain that to me then say there's no bias.....:rolleyes:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2429577 said:
Yes he was but by the letter of the rule he did not have to do so. If he had some bias against the Cowboys as you seem to think he could have just said due to Pacman constant trouble and incidents even when he was under suspension I will not allow him to participate but he didn't. Sorry it is a fricken joke for you to sit there and act like Goodell is somehow against the Cowboys.

Open your eyes and stop being naive. There's plenty of players that should be suspended longer than what they got or should just be suspended.

HomeOfLegends;2429581 said:
Just for the record, Lynch was one of many rookies that Roger had a one on one meeting with coming out of college because of past legal issues just to let them know, a history in college follows you to the NFL. Now Lynch was accused of sexual assault in college and while also avoiding any jail time or legal back lash then, the accussation was enough to get a call from the commish.

Oh I didn't know that however I'm sure a lot of other people didn't either even more reason for him to have been suspended.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2429490 said:
I suppose it would be far too much for you to cite a few examples.

I thought the Wade Wilson punishment was a little much. Especially compared to other coaches. Aside from that, what else is there?

Pacman?

Ssshhh! You're not suppose to insert logic into a good anti-Goodell rant. ;)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Where are all the Jefferson fans up in arms over his suspension by the league? Oh, yeah, he's not a starter, or good enough, so he didn't matter. It only actually matters when it's a starter for the Cowboys. If not then the suspensions are ok or not worth arguing over.

Please. It's pretty clear that the Jones fans around here are only concerned over his 'mistreatment' by Roger cause he's a starter here. If he was still in Tennessee not a single one of these people would be starting threads about how big a meanie head Roger is for how he treats Jones.

Case and point is Odell Thurman. He's now been suspended for going on 3 years but not one person jumping to his aid.

But, again, he isn't a starter for the Dallas Cowboys so he doesn't matter.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Isn't interesting how many take this "source" saying Adam has no alcohol problem as Gospel yet any negative news about the Cowboys from "sources" and it's all make-believe and anti-Cowboys bias. ;)

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2429591 said:
Where are all the Jefferson fans up in arms over his suspension by the league? Oh, yeah, he's not a starter, or good enough, so he didn't matter. It only actually matters when it's a starter for the Cowboys. If not then the suspensions are ok or not worth arguing over.

Please. It's pretty clear that the Jones fans around here are only concerned over his 'mistreatment' by Roger cause he's a starter here. If he was still in Tennessee not a single one of these people would be starting threads about how big a meanie head Roger is for how he treats Jones.

Case and point is Odell Thurman. He's now been suspended for going on 3 years but not one person jumping to his aid.

I don't even know who Odell Thurman is. I'm not saying oh if you violate you shouldn't be suspended you should people haven't though. Jefferson was caught violating the league substance abuse and should be suspended for four games same as everyone else that violates. Except of course Matt Jones who only gets 3 games for being caught with coke......:rolleyes:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2429591 said:

:hammer:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2429597 said:
I don't even know who Odell Thurman is. I'm not saying oh if you violate you shouldn't be suspended you should people haven't though. Jefferson was caught violating the league substance abuse and should be suspended for four games same as everyone else that violates. Except of course Matt Jones who only gets 3 games for being caught with coke......:rolleyes:

The point is you don't know who he is, despite the fact that he's had a high profile suspension thing for a long while not too for repeated offenses, because he doesn't play for Dallas. If Jones wasn't here you wouldn't know he was suspended right now either, nor would you care to champion the cause of his mistreatment, cause he doesn't play for Dallas.

IN fact I'd bet that if Jones was in an Eagles or Skins uniform this year you'd be singing the praises of how he should be suspended for a year or more. Though you'll comeback here, just like practically everyone who defends him right now would, and say you wouldn't.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2429622 said:
The point is you don't know who he is, despite the fact that he's had a high profile suspension thing for a long while not too for repeated offenses, because he doesn't play for Dallas. If Jones wasn't here you wouldn't know he was suspended right now either, nor would you care to champion the cause of his mistreatment, cause he doesn't play for Dallas.

IN fact I'd bet that if Jones was in an Eagles or Skins uniform this year you'd be singing the praises of how he should be suspended for a year or more. Though you'll comeback here, just like practically everyone who defends him right now would, and say you wouldn't.

Doubtful I knew who Jones was beofre and knew about his suspension. I looked up Thurman and he's not nearly as high profile as Pacman. I think he has an alcohol problem he's about 100 times worse than Pacman. However because of Pacman draft status you heard more about it. I've defended players on other teams also it doesn't matter to me. If I feel Goodell over stepped his bounds I will say it and I believe Goodell has been overstepping his bounds. He shows favoritism and also doesn't practice what he preaches. If it was really Zero-Tolerance a lot of players should have had the hammer thrown down on them but they don't get that. I still maintain the fact that anyone in the NFL isn't a thug.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Big surprise. Thurmans is worse and you think he has an problem so his was needed. I can tell you wouldn't be saying the same thing if he was in Dallas.

And you knew about jones and cared about his situation at the exact moment that the rumors started that Dallas was interested in bringing him in here and having him. You couldn't have cared less otherwise and you'll be hard pressed to convince me otherwise unless you can provide some proof that you were championing his cause this hard prior to him being rumored to come to Dallas.

As for the thug thing we agreed to disagree on that so I'll leave it alone.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i havent seen where matt jones has been suspended, he was suppose to but hasnt yet from what i heard, what happened to matt jones going to be suspended and he hasnt been suspended yet?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2429652 said:
Big surprise. Thurmans is worse and you think he has an problem so his was needed. I can tell you wouldn't be saying the same thing if he was in Dallas.

And you knew about jones and cared about his situation at the exact moment that the rumors started that Dallas was interested in bringing him in here and having him. You couldn't have cared less otherwise and you'll be hard pressed to convince me otherwise unless you can provide some proof that you were championing his cause this hard prior to him being rumored to come to Dallas.

As for the thug thing we agreed to disagree on that so I'll leave it alone.

Think what you want to think about me. There's no point in my trying to convince you because no matter what I do or say wont matter to you. Also there's a pretty big difference between Thurman and Pacman if you can't see that then IDK what to say. However you can't really try to prove you have changed if you keep getting arrested and keep having warrants.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2429658 said:
i havent seen where matt jones has been suspended, he was suppose to but hasnt yet from what i heard, what happened to matt jones going to be suspended and he hasnt been suspended yet?

he got a 3 game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.....he appealing it....the decision didn't come down until after week 7 or something like that when he got arrested for coke during the summer time....so much for zero tolerance.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2429658 said:

His appeal of it is keeping it from happening like it should. I do agree, however, that since it happened over the summer that he should have been suspended for the 3-4 games right out of the gate that way the appeal process would already be over, he'd already have lost it, and he'd have had to serve his suspension.

However I do think it's cool that he didn't get suspended in one aspect. By not being suspended it brought us that cool endzone celebration by the Tennessee reciever this weekend where he mocked being arrested.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2429679 said:
His appeal of it is keeping it from happening like it should. I do agree, however, that since it happened over the summer that he should have been suspended for the 3-4 games right out of the gate that way the appeal process would already be over, he'd already have lost it, and he'd have had to serve his suspension.

However I do think it's cool that he didn't get suspended in one aspect. By not being suspended it brought us that cool endzone celebration by the Tennessee reciever this weekend where he mocked being arrested.

It's not cool. It's shows the commish bias.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
im from scotland and just getting back into american football after staying with the girlfriends folks in san antonio, hence the cowboys being my team. i understand that its obviously just the way things are done over there but why does this lead to a league enforced suspension in the first place? the guys obviously got issues and his personal life appears to be a mess but its exactly that, his personal life. over here what a player does away from the game is not taken into account, he may be fined for off-field behaviour by his club but certainly wouldn't have a league enforced suspension. for example down in england joey barton, newcastle united midfielder who was previously suspended for putting his teammate in hospital in training, recieved jail time for getting in a fight outside mcdonalds (nice guy, his brothers doing life for putting an axe in someones head - parents obviously did a great job!) and was back eligible to play on being released from the pokey. just seems strange to me as to why the league would involve themselves over something totally unrelated to the game