DMN: Blog: Pacman is back in Dallas

onetrickpony

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2428729 said:
just reinstate already him knowing damn well that he can not have a single incident form this point on. I'm talking speeding, j-walking, loitering, nothing.

I think even the biggest Adam Jones fan out there would agree that a lifetime ban is warranted if he screws up again. I would make him sign papers saying "I, Adam Jones, undertand that this is my last chance. If I am involved in a single incident that embarrasses me, the Cowboys, or the NFL in any way, I will be banned from the NFL." If he wants to stop making millions of dollars and work 50 hours a week like the rest of us than fine.

Agreed. No baby sitters, either. He must man up to his problems on his own or else.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2428902 said:
You're serious? I really can't tell.

Like can you stop it. Goodell has shown on numerous accounts his extreme bias towards the cowboys organization. Just look at how he handles suspension across the league. It's really sad.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2428902 said:
You're serious? I really can't tell.

I think it's more of a knock on the piss poor job the commish is doing.

He seems to be more worried about the petty things then improving the league. The time spent slapping fines on mascots, reducing TD celebrations, double checking every speeding ticket a player gets and playing big brother over the league would be better spent managing out of control player salaries, ticket prices, the looming collective bargaining nightmare, the financial situation of teams like Jacksonville and Buffalo and most of all, preventing a lock out in 2011.

All you hear is about how he is reviewing this players actions and trying to determine if water pills are bad and not the things that could really help the league.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2429428 said:

He seems to be more worried about the petty things then improving the league. The time spent slapping fines on mascots, reducing TD celebrations, double checking every speeding ticket a player gets and playing big brother over the league would be better spent managing out of control player salaries, ticket prices, the looming collective bargaining nightmare, the financial situation of teams like Jacksonville and Buffalo and most of all, preventing a lock out in 2011.

All you hear is about how he is reviewing this players actions and trying to determine if water pills are bad and not the things that could really help the league.

Goodell is a tool.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I think it is a joke that Pacman is even being considered the opportunity to come back. He had his suspension lifted and within 5 or 6 weeks was back on it and that was supposed to be his last chance? Please Goodell is the best friend Pacman has because if Goodell had guts he would tell pacman to go fly a kite

Skin

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2429438 said:
Goodell is a tool.

I have to say I never thought there'd come a day when I would long for the days of Tagliabue's reign, but I'm there. I have still never forgiven Goodell or his office for destroying all of those tapes and other evidence they received from the Patriots. IMO, after that incident, he has no "moral authority" and never will have any. He reminds me too much of David Stern in his approach.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Skin;2429461 said:
I have to say I never thought there'd come a day when I would long for the days of Tagliabue's reign, but I'm there. I have still never forgiven Goodell or his office for destroying all of those tapes and other evidence they received from the Patriots. IMO, after that incident, he has no "moral authority" and never will have any. He reminds me too much of David Stern in his approach.

I wonder what he would have done if it was the Cowboys that were caught up in Spygate he might would have forced Jones to sell the cowboys or something.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2429423 said:
Like can you stop it. Goodell has shown on numerous accounts his extreme bias towards the cowboys organization. Just look at how he handles suspension across the league. It's really sad.

I suppose it would be far too much for you to cite a few examples.

I thought the Wade Wilson punishment was a little much. Especially compared to other coaches. Aside from that, what else is there?

Pacman?

SDogo

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2429490 said:

I thought the Wade Wilson punishment was a little much. Especially compared to other coaches. Aside from that, what else is there?

Pacman?

There was a thread posted a while back about how certain players from other teams were simply given a slap on the hand for what could be considered much bigger issues then the one Pac Man brought about.

The one example that comes to mind is the Lynch situation in Buffalo but I believe Hos or another senior poster brought up the Harrison situation which was forgotten.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The Bottom Line(s):

• Yes it would be nice to have Pacman on our team playing up to his potential. We could use his talent.
  • This guy has gotten too many chances. Gonna have to change his name to Adam "9 lives" Jones. He should be out of the NFL.
I really think that if he comes back... AT BEST... he finishes out THIS season and then something else happens.

Then its finally over.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

If that is all that is reported, then of course that is all you are going to hear about.

Find me one journalist who would gladly like to take on the task of monitoring the day-by-day events of the CBA.

Those talks involve far more than the Commish so he shouldn't be in charge of handling that by himself. In fact, if he did take the job on by himself, people would skin him alive for sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

I really hope that you realize that TD celebration rules and other rule changes are voted on.

In fact, most everything that the NFL does is voted on so to pin all the blame on Goodell is just ridiculous.

The only thing he has sole power over is discipline which is probably why you hear of him doing it more than you hear of him doing anything else.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2429490 said:

Pacman?

I think Wade and Pacman are enough of an example for his bias to be shown.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2429497 said:
There was a thread posted a while back about how certain players from other teams were simply given a slap on the hand for what could be considered much bigger issues then the one Pac Man brought about.

The one example that comes to mind is the Lynch situation in Buffalo but I believe Hos or another senior poster brought up the Harrison situation which was forgotten.

I don't think I have seen that thread but if anyone posted in that thread and didn't take into account Pacman's past, they are a fool.

That is reason he was suspended. Hes a REPEAT offender. Its not a single incident we are talking here.

I find it funny that the same people who claim Pacman has gotten the shaft as a Cowboy forget to mention that Pacman was suspended for a year AS A TITAN!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2429510 said:

Is that really all you have?

A legit bad decision and a repeat offender. Yep, sure sign of bias. Suspending a guy who can't keep himself out of trouble. Sure sign of bias right there.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2429510 said:

So then your only real basis is Wade because Jones got the stuff he did for repeated offenses BEFORE becoming a Cowboy.

Nice try though.

SDogo

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2429509 said:
If that is all that is reported, then of course that is all you are going to hear about.

Find me one journalist who would gladly like to take on the task of monitoring the day-by-day events of the CBA.

Those talks involve far more than the Commish so he shouldn't be in charge of handling that by himself. In fact, if he did take the job on by himself, people would skin him alive for sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

I really hope that you realize that TD celebration rules and other rule changes are voted on.

In fact, most everything that the NFL does is voted on so to pin all the blame on Goodell is just ridiculous.

The only thing he has sole power over is discipline which is probably why you hear of him doing it more than you hear of him doing anything else.

Media has nothing to do with this. Every time the commish decided he wants TV time on NFL Network or any where else his focus is on cracking down on excessive celebration or troubled players. He has had every opportunity in the world to ease the concerns of fans around the NFL by simply commenting on the issues that trouble us but fails to do so. How hard would it be with a 7 minute open forum to just mention the CBA or any of the other handful of issues that plague the NFL?

SDogo

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2429512 said:
I don't think I have seen that thread but if anyone posted in that thread and didn't take into account Pacman's past, they are a fool.

That is reason he was suspended. Hes a REPEAT offender. Its not a single incident we are talking here.

I find it funny that the same people who claim Pacman has gotten the shaft as a Cowboy forget to mention that Pacman was suspended for a year AS A TITAN!

Not supporting Pac Man nor denying his past issues. I'm also not one who wants him back. What I'm looking for is consistency from the commish.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Do we know there is anything to report about the CBA? Should he, at ever turn, say "We're working on it but theres no real headway being made or news to report" just so people can say he mentioned it?

I imagine if there was anything worth talking about, in regards to the CBA, it would be mentioned and discussed.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2429515 said:
So then your only real basis is Wade because Jones got the stuff he did for repeated offenses BEFORE becoming a Cowboy.

Nice try though.

It is almost funny reading the supposed bias Goodell has against the Cowboys. He gave Pacman permission to work out with the team and play in the pre-season despite the fact he was under suspension and rules says a player under suspension is not allowed to work with the team or be at the facility yet Goodell waved that for Pacman and the Cowboys.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2429514 said:
Is that really all you have?

A legit bad decision and a repeat offender. Yep, sure sign of bias. Suspending a guy who can't keep himself out of trouble. Sure sign of bias right there.

BraveHeartFan;2429515 said:

Nice try though.

what law did he break oh wait he didn't....he got suspended based off of the commmish's judgement.....and Matt Jones is still playing will getting caught with coke I don't give a damn what you say there's obv bias going on period.