DMN: Blog: Pacman is back in Dallas

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2429527 said:
Do we know there is anything to report about the CBA? Should he, at ever turn, say "We're working on it but theres no real headway being made or news to report" just so people can say he mentioned it?

I imagine if there was anything worth talking about, in regards to the CBA, it would be mentioned and discussed.

I think it's his job to reassure the fans that they are doing every thing they can to resolve the issue even if there is nothing to report. Problem is, there is always some thing to report. Even if it's as a little as a meeting or a possible new idea. Not asking for details, just want to know it's as important to him as it is to the fans.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2429534 said:
I think it's his job to reassure the fans that they are doing every thing they can to resolve the issue even if there is nothing to report. Problem is, there is always some thing to report. Even if it's as a little as a meeting or a possible new idea. Not asking for details, just want to know it's as important to him as it is to the fans.

*Shrugs* I get that. I can see where that would be cool and would help to some degree. I guess I just don't think about those types of things cause lots of stuff is going on in the NFL, and being discussed, that I don't know about but that doesn't mean it's not going on.

I get why it would be important to hear about it, even the small things, though.

khiladi

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2429152 said:
Ok so he doesn't have a drinking problem. That's not exactly a good thing for him because that just confirms that he's got a stupidity problem and there is really no rehab or cure for that.

No, it simply means Goodell most likely knew there was no real issue with the incident and Goodell blew it way out of proportion to give the image that he was 'cracking down' on this league... The fact is, Adam Jones is his lab-rat to demonstrate to the world he is 'serious' in his approach, even when Adam Jones is involved in an incident that even the whole Cowboys organization pretty much stated they thought the punishment didn't fit the 'crime'...Goodell is a joke... He is worse than Tagliabue and hasn't done an absolute thing for this league...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2429522 said:
Not supporting Pac Man nor denying his past issues. I'm also not one who wants him back. What I'm looking for is consistency from the commish.

Well, until there is another player who has done what Pacman has done and is getting treated differently, you can't make a determination about consistency.

Why aren't you screaming to the heavens about the mistreatments of Odell Thurman?

khiladi

Reaction score
In fact, I'd like to know exactly what has Goodell done for this league other than sweep Spy-gate under the rug. In one case, he destroys evidence and in the other case, i.e. Adam Jones, he sends a person to re-hab for alcoholism, when there is no evidence...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2429547 said:
Well, until there is another player who has done what Pacman has done and is getting treated differently, you can't make a determination about consistency.

Why aren't you screaming to the heavens about the mistreatments of Odell Thurman?

Because he's not a Cowboy. If Jones wasn't a Cowboy none of the Jones defenders would be around.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
khiladi;2429549 said:
In fact, I'd like to know exactly what has Goodell done for this league other than sweep Spy-gate under the rug. In one case, he destroys evidence and in the other case, i.e. Adam Jones, he sends a person to re-hab for alcoholism, when there is no evidence...

Other than the fact that many of his incidents have happened while drinking and alcohol was involved?

But, yeah, no evidence that the guy gets into trouble while drinking.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2429533 said:
what law did he break oh wait he didn't....he got suspended based off of the commmish's judgement.....and Matt Jones is still playing will getting caught with coke I don't give a damn what you say there's obv bias going on period.

He didn't have to break a law. All he had to do was violate the conditions of his reinstatement. Conditions that he agreed to by the way. No law needed to be broken. I don't get why people hang up on the legal aspect. If you agree to something and then do not do it, you shouldn't get rewarded for it.

And its obvious you don't care what people have to say. Its much easier to just KNOW there is a bias than actually look at what is going on.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2429553 said:
Other than the fact that many of his incidents have happened while drinking and alcohol was involved?

Just because he gets in trouble while drinking doesn't make him an alcoholic.

What did Goodell do with Lynch after his hit and run i forget.....

khiladi

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2429547 said:

I have no idea about Odell Thurman other than the fact he has been suspended for violating the substance abuse policy. Adam Jones has never violated the susbtance abuse policy, unlike players like Matt Jones, and Adam Jones suscribes to the random drug screening of the very policy...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2429554 said:
He didn't have to break a law. All he had to do was violate the conditions of his reinstatement. Conditions that he agreed to by the way. No law needed to be broken. I don't get why people hang up on the legal aspect. If you agree to something and then do not do it, you shouldn't get rewarded for it.

And its obvious you don't care what people have to say. Its much easier to just KNOW there is a bias than actually look at what is going on.

Yea I see. I just don't see how you can say something that is based on someone's decision is going to eventually absolve them of any bias what so ever. That is silly. Explain to me why Matt Jones was able to play this season. Explain why Marshall's suspension was reduce. Explain why nothing happened to Lynch. The BS goes on and on.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2429555 said:

No but the league rules are put in place and were in place before Goodell took over and if players are getting into trouble and alcohol or drugs are involved they will be put into a rehab program. You don't have to play in the NFL it is not a god given right but if you do want to play in the NFL then they expect you to follow the rules. If not then go to the CFL

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2429541 said:
*Shrugs* I get that. I can see where that would be cool and would help to some degree. I guess I just don't think about those types of things cause lots of stuff is going on in the NFL, and being discussed, that I don't know about but that doesn't mean it's not going on.

I get why it would be important to hear about it, even the small things, though.

I know it's a terrible comparison but I see Rogers roll with the NFL much like the President of the US. There are many issues he can not fix by himself but he is the head of the league. He needs to answer to the fans or the people and we want to know what's going on with our country or our league no matter how big or small the news is. Knowing that the leader is working on a issue and has faith it can be resolved is some what soothing no matter how much or little faith you have in that leader.

I mean if every article you read or interview you see from the President was about how he wants to improve the criminal justice system and the whole time there was a war going on and our economy was out of control and there was no mention of it I think people would begin to question his priorities.

I guess I'm just some one who wants to hear it from the horses mouth and needs some thing to believe in. I'm also VERY impatient to a fault. lol

khiladi

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2429553 said:

Really? Is that why experts in alcholism declared that he doesn't have a problem with alcohol. 30 days... Hell, there is not even proof that Adam Jones was drunk when he allegedly committed these acts, that supposedly got him banned...BTW, how difficult is it to conceived of the fact that crimes usually happen around places where there is 'drinking and alcohol'... None of that proves Adam was or is an alcoholic...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2429560 said:
Yea I see. I just don't see how you can say something that is based on someone's decision is going to eventually absolve them of any bias what so ever. That is silly. Explain to me why Matt Jones was able to play this season. Explain why Marshall's suspension was reduce. Explain why nothing happened to Lynch. The BS goes on and on.

Explain to me why Pacman was allowed to go to training camp and play in the pre-season while under suspension? Goodell did not have to allow that but he did.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2429562 said:
No but the league rules are put in place and were in place before Goodell took over and if players are getting into trouble and alcohol or drugs are involved they will be put into a rehab program. You don't have to play in the NFL it is not a god given right but if you do want to play in the NFL then they expect you to follow the rules. If not then go to the CFL

:rolleyes:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2429555 said:

Nope it sure doesn't. But it gave them a clear pattern of where his troubles start so they had him go to rehab and if that turned out to be his issue, that he had a drinking problem, he gets the help he needed and possibly is able to keep himself out of some of these issues.

Instead he comes out, he in fact doesn't have a drinking problem, and so the issues aren't caused by his drinking they're caused by the fact that he's just plain and simply stupid. At least if he had the drinking issue there would have been a reason there for why he can't stay out of trouble and can't quit screwing up.

The only reason he has now is that he is just too stupid to stay out of trouble. Which means, more than likely, he'll be in trouble again within the next 6 months and he'll be out of the league for good. As I said before there is no cure for being stupid. You either get it, and stop being stupid, or you don't. It doesn't appear, to this point, that he gets it. We'll see if this latest suspension, and loss of playing in the NFL, that he claims to love so much, helps him get it.

As for Lynch how many times has he gotten into trouble since he's been in the league? I'm asking because I don't know but I'm pretty certain he hasn't been in headlines from multiple situations and arrests.

Again, since you either don't get it or you refuse to, Jones latest suspension is NOT from a ONE TIME situation. It's from breaking the rules of his reinstatement, that he agreed to, after MULTIPLE screw ups and a YEAR LONG suspension.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2429566 said:
Explain to me why Pacman was allowed to go to training camp and play in the pre-season while under suspension? Goodell did not have to allow that but he did.

Goodell was going to reinstate him anyway so he let him go early. He did the same thing with Henry.....so lets not act as if he made a special case with Jones. I think he was going to allow the same to happen with Benson also.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2429567 said:

Roll your eyes but you act as if Pacman is entitled to play in the NFL and do whatever he wants and the fact is there are rules in place agreed on by management and the players union and either a player will abide by the rules or they can't play pretty simple and the fact is the vast majority of the players have no problem playing by the rules the league has set down.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2429570 said:
Goodell was going to reinstate him anyway so he let him go early. He did the same thing with Henry.....so lets not act as if he made a special case with Jones. I think he was going to allow the same to happen with Benson also.

Wait, he did the same thing with Henry that he did with Pacman?

Isn't that the opposite of bias?