DMN Cowlishaw Blog: Cowboys' Crayton calls out (Aaron) Rodgers

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
you would expect guys the are pro bowlers to have the most mouth...what is with this guy? I mean seriously.....he is productive because of the attention TO and Witten get....yet he acts like he is a legitimate #2...when you compare his mouth with his talent...he might have the biggest mouth in the NFL

Mansta54

Reaction score
dargonking999;2177308 said:
Maybe you've missed the many WR threads stars been in. His opinion of crayton is well documented

Yes, I guess I did and I'm glad. What a waste of time...:banghead:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clove;2177314 said:
I love cocky players. Keep it up Crayton!!

Is being good a requirement?

I guess average cocky players like Crayton thrill you too?

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Patrick Crayton, future UN Secretary General, bringing together fans from Green Bay, Dallas, and the world over, in their shared distaste for a mediocre receiver who talks big then chokes when it counts...

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark;2177043 said:
First he calls out Johnson, and now Rodgers. Wish someone would call him out for the playoff game.

Just shut your trap and play.

How's that?

AMEN....I had let the playoff game go, but dude really needs to shut up.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I agree with Crayton. if Rodgers wants to do something he will have his chance.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;2177296 said:
Show me where he mentioned this stupid smack and I'll give it some credence. Otherwise, the point stands.

See, now it would have been easy enough for me to pull the Garrett quote, but now I'm not going to just to make it clear that your point didn't stand in the first place.

stasheroo;2177296 said:
It has nothing to do with the Packers being mad. It's one man making comments about someone else's business and something that doesn't concern or involve him.

You must be talking about comments that don't concern Crayton is some context that's markedly different from the way in which Crayton's comments don't concern you, because I know you wouldn't stoop to rank hypocrisy. Or is it different to (unlike Crayton) actually insult people's character anonymously on the internet than it is to answer a question directly when there's media present and a camera there to put your face with your opinions? And which one is classless again?

stasheroo;2177296 said:
Again, Rogers could stoop down to Crayton's level and ask him about his last game.

But Rogers has too much class for that.

Unlike Crayton apparently.

I bet you a donut Crayton wouldn't blow an o-ring to hear Rogers opinion if he did. He's probably say 'he's entitled to his opinion' and, somehow, persevere.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MaineBoy;2177345 said:
Patrick Crayton, future UN Secretary General, bringing together fans from Green Bay, Dallas, and the world over, in their shared distaste for a mediocre receiver who talks big then chokes when it counts...

And sending teenage knees jerking across the state of Texas, again, in the process.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
MaineBoy;2177345 said:

Your previous posts are all almost entirely devoted to talking ish about Crayton. I hate to use the 'A' word, but....

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's the quote I was referencing, for the curious. But what's Garrett really going to say, right? Probably the opposite of what he really means because of whatever convoluted reason I can't be bothered with trying to fathom right now.

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2008/07/garrett-talks-about-crayton.html

"He's been great, a special kid," Garrett said. "He's like I'm talking about, comes to work everyday, a smart football player who loves to play football. Has a confidence about him that really conveys the whole group. And we love that. He loves to practice, whatever role you give him he will be ready to do it, and give you his all to do it."
"You love his personality and his approach and you like his ability. He had a very productive year for us. You know when you think about Terry Glenn going down in training camp last year and the kind of year we had on offense without a marquee player like that, a lot of that is with Patrick Crayton stepping in and saying hey let's keep going."​

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I can't stand off-field trash talkers because they are always the ones that fail in the end; Jerry Porter last year comes to mind. PC trash talking to the media is like those defenders that tackle the runningback after a 15 yard run and jump up, pumping their fists like they had a game changing sack. Where was his talking while Owens was injured and he was asked to be the primary WR?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2177117 said:
250+ media credentials issued, nationally recognized superbowl contender, about to have the world watch behind the scenes action on HBO, but this team is under the radar? I don't think so.

It's funny, people are spazzing over him talking, but can they dispute what he said? Yeah there was a bit of smack talk involved, but for the most part, I think what he said was true.

Ok. First I am not spazzing over anything. I just think crayton is foolish.

second this is the second time you have called me a spazz. I have no idea why. I feel I am far from a spazz, I dont even get why you say that to me.

Simply put me on ignore.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2177459 said:
Ok. First I am not spazzing over anything. I just think crayton is foolish.

second this is the second time you have called me a spazz. I have no idea why. I feel I am far from a spazz, I dont even get why you say that to me.

Simply put me on ignore.

Crayton was foolish, I agree. However-a week from now, noone will remember this.

Hopefully-it was something he got carried away with(initially, it sounded like he felt bad for Rodgers having to get distracted by the Favre hoopla).

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2177463 said:
Crayton was foolish, I agree. However-a week from now, noone will remember this.

Hopefully-it was something he got carried away with(initially, it sounded like he felt bad for Rodgers having to get distracted by the Favre hoopla).

I really could care less. I just think players on other teams commenting on stuff like this is a little out of bounds when they take the tone crayton took. Its foolish.

not a big deal. Its just an avoidable thing. There is no one to police crayton with the current structure so he will continue to say and do as he wants. Laufenberg asked him in may if he was going to stop making outrageous comments this year and he said no I will say what I want.

so there you have it.

but what do I know, I am a spazz.:rolleyes:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2177468 said:
I really could care less. I just think players on other teams commenting on stuff like this is a little out of bounds when they take the tone crayton took. Its foolish.

not a big deal. Its just an avoidable thing. There is no one to police crayton with the current structure so he will continue to say and do as he wants. Laufenberg asked him in may if he was going to stop making outrageous comments this year and he said no I will say what I want.

so there you have it.

but what do I know, I am a spazz.:rolleyes:

If more or less half the posters in the forum don't think it's foolish, and the other half do, can't we just agree that it's a subject that's open for interpretation?

And if we can agree that it's open to interpretation, what's the point of spazzing out when one of our players apparently thinks the subject matter is an ok one for him to comment on? That makes him a fool and a ******?