News: DMN: David Irving fined after ejection: 'It's going to hurt a guy like me'

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I heard Babe say he threw a punch on a cut from the radio broadcast.

But yeah. Can Erving looked like the player in the extreme wrong while David Irving probably should have just been hit with an unsportsmanlike conduct.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I heard Babe say he threw a punch on a cut from the radio broadcast.

But yeah. Can Erving looked like the player in the extreme wrong while David Irving probably should have just been hit with an unsportsmanlike conduct.
I looked at the footage on the website of the play and one from behind Irving and never saw a punch. He did open hand shove Cam a little but Cam had his facemask at the time and was tearing the helmet off so I can't say it was out of line response.

He did wrestle a little with Cam after being blindsided by him and got on top of Cam and there is a photo of him on dc.com on top where it looks like he sort of pinned him with his knees on Cams chest--with Cam pinning his legs. But that all happened quickly on the film and he got up.

From what I saw Cam not only grabbed the facemask and tore off the helmet but then he threw the helmet and hit David and then when a ref was trying to help Cam up, Cam shoved the ref.

Last edited:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
20161106_dal_vs_cle_david_irving_jj1145.jpg

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I just checked the all 22.....there is nothing there....the play goes away from that side and you can't see any of the fight.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If you look at the cowboys site video, it looks like the ref walking David away from Cam is the one who decided to throw him out - tapping finger point action like an umpire. Looks like it was for something he said when walking away.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you look at the cowboys site video, it looks like the ref walking David away from Cam is the one who decided to throw him out - tapping finger point action like an umpire. Looks like it was for something he said when walking away.
Yes, I wondered if it was just something he said.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe they feared for Erving's safety. David Irving has an insane reach.
He really does have a freakish reach. He has this way of reaching through traffic and bodies to get his hands on RBs when it seems imposible.

plasticman

Reaction score
Question:

Is the amount of a fine determined by the salary of player or is it a set amount not at all related to salary?

It would seem to me that a set amount would mean that the higher salaried players can play more aggressively without fear of a significant portion of their salary. Ten thousand is 2% of a 500 thousand but only 1/5% of 5 million.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Not sure if Irving is attempting to get others to feel sorry for him or not by the amount of that fine but nobody forced him to act stupidly. Stupid is as stupid does. Sometimes that sort of thing can get one in trouble. I'll be doggoned if I'm about to feel sorry for him for doing that. As it is, perhaps that fine will end up serving him by being an attitude adjustment and make it possible for him to use much better judgment in the future. Maybe he should look upon it as an educational tool.

Last edited: